• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The **New** Swan and Dolphin Resort thread ~ April 2012 ~ Please read post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to link my Swan reservation in MDE, but since the reservation is just in my name, that's the only name that shows up in MDE. So I assume I need to contact Swan and add the names of each family member to my hotel reservation so that their tickets will match up with the Swan room reservation, right? Otherwise, it looks like I would only be able to reserve FP+ for myself, right?

Nope! I thought the same thing, as my family isn't listed on my reservation either. I started playing with my fast passes and could get everyone signed up. I was surprised!

I have my Dolphin res linked, and it says 2 adults on the main page, but when I click on reservation details, it doesn't list me or DH!

Nope! I thought the same thing, as my family isn't listed on my reservation either. I started playing with my fast passes and could get everyone signed up. I was surprised!

That's great! I thought i wouldn't be able to make fastpass reservations because my family isn't listed either. Just waiting for my tickets to arrive now!

So both the Swan and Dolphin are completely booked now during our dates. The unavailability for reservations actually begins the day before we arrive and continues for the week. Probably a convention that week.

We are booked with the Swan with SPG points and will be arriving mid-morning. I thought we might get an upgrade to a good view or balcony but that probably won't happen now if the hotel is at max capacity.

I'm mostly worried about what I will get. Should I be worried that we will get the leftover crumbs room wise and what can I do in advance to try to ensure we don't? Any suggestions welcome.

Unfortunately it is not working for me. I booked using Starwood points and when I booked it just listed one adult in the room. Now when I try to add FP+ for DD who will be there with me, it tells me she is not a valid guest. I called Starwood and added a child to the reservation but it's still not showing up on MDE. Any advice? Should I just wait for Monday when all offsite guests can link up to FP+ or should I try to cancel my current reservation, book a new one (making sure to include DD on the reservation) and then try to relink my reservation and hopefully sign us both up for FP+?

We leave in a week. Are we at risk for not being able to get FP+ for certain rides? I'm wondering if there is going to be limited availability once all offsite guests can book in advance.

Unfortunately it is not working for me. I booked using Starwood points and when I booked it just listed one adult in the room. Now when I try to add FP+ for DD who will be there with me, it tells me she is not a valid guest. I called Starwood and added a child to the reservation but it's still not showing up on MDE. Any advice? Should I just wait for Monday when all offsite guests can link up to FP+ or should I try to cancel my current reservation, book a new one (making sure to include DD on the reservation) and then try to relink my reservation and hopefully sign us both up for FP+?

We leave in a week. Are we at risk for not being able to get FP+ for certain rides? I'm wondering if there is going to be limited availability once all offsite guests can book in advance.

I believe I saw on the WDW page it can take 24 hours for the Dolphin and Swan reservations to show up in MDE. I would try it again today and see what happens. Good luck.

By the way, did you already link your tickets? Mine were which is why it worked for me. My tickets are purchased as part of a one night pop stay but are for 10 nights. Up until I linked the dolphin part of our stay I had to plan each day 60 days out. Can now do length of stay.

Congratulations for your daughter, Laura! :cloud9: Nice accomplishment.

For FP+, you also have to have your tickets linked.

I was able to link my Swan reservation in MDE, but since the reservation is just in my name, that's the only name that shows up in MDE. So I assume I need to contact Swan and add the names of each family member to my hotel reservation so that their tickets will match up with the Swan room reservation, right? Otherwise, it looks like I would only be able to reserve FP+ for myself, right?

The sequence I used was:
1. Added my family in MDE under Account-->My Family and Friends. I did this weeks ago before linking in my Swan reservation. I tried to link in my non-exp 3rd party tickets at this point but could not.

2. Found the (t)rumor on the DIS that Swan guest were elig for FP+ booking. So I linked in my 9 digit SPG points reservation code. At this point the Family and Friends and Reservation were all in sync even though we had no tickets linked in. SPG never knew the other guests names so I believe Step 1 handled that for me.

3. MDE still showed the FP+ as locked. So I called the 407 number and the agent helped me link in my Undercover Tourist tickets. I can post the procedure to this if anyone is interested. It took a veteran ticketing help desk resource to make it happen.

The sequence I used was:
1. Added my family in MDE under Account-->My Family and Friends. I did this weeks ago before linking in my Swan reservation. I tried to link in my non-exp 3rd party tickets at this point but could not.

2. Found the (t)rumor on the DIS that Swan guest were elig for FP+ booking. So I linked in my 9 digit SPG points reservation code. At this point the Family and Friends and Reservation were all in sync even though we had no tickets linked in. SPG never knew the other guests names so I believe Step 1 handled that for me.

3. MDE still showed the FP+ as locked. So I called the 407 number and the agent helped me link in my Undercover Tourist tickets. I can post the procedure to this if anyone is interested. It took a veteran ticketing help desk resource to make it happen.

I would be interested in the process. I have APs for my husband and I, but we have a daughter and her intended traveling with us and they have UC tickets. :thumbsup2

I linked our reservation to the Dolphin, but MDE is acting hinky today and while it says the reservation is linked, it does not appear on my reservations page. Also, I tried to add the guests joining us (daughter, future SIL, and two friends) on our three room reservation. Unfortunately, it would only allow me to add one friend to the reservation. Now only my husband and the friend are shown as the "guests"--at least I think that is the case since I can't view the reservation on MDE. :confused3

What's going on the week of May 12-18? Is there a convention or event that week? Swan and Dolphin both booked up a good portion of it. Just curious. We were thinking of going that week.

What's going on the week of May 12-18? Is there a convention or event that week? Swan and Dolphin both booked up a good portion of it. Just curious. We were thinking of going that week.

Yes there iis a convention 5/12-5/14. My husband is actually going.

Maybe there is another convention after this one May 12-14? Swan and Dolphin both booked from May 15-18 as well.

I would be interested in the process. I have APs for my husband and I, but we have a daughter and her intended traveling with us and they have UC tickets. :thumbsup2

I had no trouble linking my UCT tickets, did that weeks ago and then linked my Dolphin reservation this week. Then FP+ opened for all of us but in terms of our dolphin reservation in MDE only my DH's name is shown. I think it is all based on your tickets and guest names on MDE, not who is listed on S/D ressies. Good luck.

I had no trouble linking my UCT tickets, did that weeks ago and then linked my Dolphin reservation this week. Then FP+ opened for all of us but in terms of our dolphin reservation in MDE only my DH's name is shown. I think it is all based on your tickets and guest names on MDE, not who is listed on S/D ressies. Good luck.

I'm not sure what's going on . . . When I linked my Swan reservation (in my name only) to MDE, and then cancelled my Disney resort reservation that I had made just in case - it all looked good and looked like MDE had preserved my FP+ selections for all of us. But when I tried to go back and add FP+ selections for a day on which I had previously not made FP, it says that only I am eligible for FP and that my family members are not eligible.
So I'm now on phone with Disney website helpers to see if they can figure it out. Of course, the agent was unaware that you can now link your Swan/Dolphin reservation to MDE but anyway . . . I'm on hold now and will see what happens and report back.

I'm not sure what's going on . . . When I linked my Swan reservation (in my name only) to MDE, and then cancelled my Disney resort reservation that I had made just in case - it all looked good and looked like MDE had preserved my FP+ selections for all of us. But when I tried to go back and add FP+ selections for a day on which I had previously not made FP, it says that only I am eligible for FP and that my family members are not eligible.
So I'm now on phone with Disney website helpers to see if they can figure it out. Of course, the agent was unaware that you can now link your Swan/Dolphin reservation to MDE but anyway . . . I'm on hold now and will see what happens and report back.

Sigh, why am I not surprised the agent doesn't know that :rolleyes:

Sorry you are having trouble, definitely report back, others will likely benefit from what you learn.

So I was told to wait 24 hours and see if the glitch clears up, because as of right now, internet help desk doesn't know why it says my family members are not eligible for FP+. I will check back with them tomorrow to see if there's any news on the problem.

So I was told to wait 24 hours and see if the glitch clears up, because as of right now, internet help desk doesn't know why it says my family members are not eligible for FP+. I will check back with them tomorrow to see if there's any news on the problem.

Very interested to hear what happens. I have a BC/dolphin split stay coming up May 31 so my 60 days is April 1st. I will likely keep the BC portion but dolphin has availability and I'm considering switching....

I linked my Tickets and my dining reservations weeks ago. Friday night I linked my Dolphin reservation which states 3 people in the room. Saturday morning I tried to book fast passes. It said only 2 people of the 3 were eligible. I called Disney, 45 minutes later they said they called the Dolphin and it was all straightened out but it could take up to 24 hours to show up on my account. It is now 33 hours later and still no change. I guess this is one glitch which they will have to fix.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter