• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The nicest thing another guest (not CM) did for you at a Disney Park?

I had just proposed to my fiance on 12/11 during wishes and the ring was a little too big. We saw a nice mother with child in stroller who had just lost a ring. We ended up finding the ring on the ground for her and she gave us a Cinderella band-aid to put around my fiance's ring.

I don't have anything specific but people taking pics or saying excuse me that always makes my day since it is rare. :goodvibes

A pat on the back for my hubby and i when we were on our honeymoon we won a bunch of tickets at Disneyquest and gave them to a family with a bunch of kids. So they could get prizes.:thumbsup2

I had just proposed to my fiance on 12/11 during wishes and the ring was a little too big. We saw a nice mother with child in stroller who had just lost a ring. We ended up finding the ring on the ground for her and she gave us a Cinderella band-aid to put around my fiance's ring.

:cheer2: CONGRATULATIONS:cheer2: on your engagement. Good luck to the both of you.

I know this is disgusting but we were in the MK walking past the race cars when a little birdie did a no no on my shoulder and down my arm. Of course my DH and DS started to laugh and they ran because they can't stomach stuff like that. Real nice huh. This nice women had seen this happen and gave me a a couple of wipes to clean myself off. I was grateful that she helped me because I sure did not get any help from the two men in my life.:sad2:

DH is a golfer so I spend a lot of time alone when at WDW (no kids). One trip I was sitting alone having breakfast in the CL at YC and a very lovely young lady from New Jersey came over and sat with me and visited while her parents sat at another table. She was 4 and had been to WDW many times and shared her experiences with me. I had a great breakfast and loved that I didn't have to eat it alone.

:goodvibes First was a very nice man in the POR arcade. He was getting ready to head home and still had almost 400 points on his arcade card and gave it too my 9 year old DD since we had just arrived...:wizard: Needless too say it made her day!!:goodvibes She played on those for days.....

Then we were on our way back from Epcot for a mid day break and there was a pin trading event going on and 2 ladies on our bus had tons of pins and they saw DD admiring them....So one of the ladies said " You like my pins?"! Well Josie was YES!:rotfl: The lady said "PICK WHICH EVER PIN YOU WANT AND IT IS YOURS"! She was thrilled. I just thought that was so nice. That then inspired the bus driver too give Josie a rare cinderella pin that only cast members can give out!:goodvibes

It was my Birthday trip and it turned out too be just perfect...We had a ball. I think I have even turned my Mom into a Disney fan after this trip.

I am glad to be reading some nice things.

Michelle:flower3:

I loves these stories!! Keep them coming. Isn't amazing how the simpliest things can brighten your day? :lovestruc

One of our favorite things to do is to get lots of stickers from the DVC booths and give them to kids. One day in October a little girl had fallen down. She wasn't hurt, but surprised by the fall. We gave her 2 stickers and she stopped crying. It's fun and doesn't cost us a thing. Most CM's will give you as many stickers are you want. Once a CM gave us the end of a roll that had probably 100 stickers on it.

Everyone has inspired me to go out of my way to be kind. We're heading to DHS tomorrow and Epcot on Sunday. I plan to pay it forward and ignore the grumps. I have pins to give away to any child (or adult) I see not having the most magical day! :goodvibes

I love all the good stories! :love:

Hooked me on Disney and got rid of complainer:goodvibes
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
That line made my day!!!

also want to add thanx to the OP for starting this thread. I am really enjoying it. we have also had people give us fast passes and other times we have given them away, which really gives you a good feeling!
Keep up the Disney Magic, folks, love to see and hear about it!:cloud9: :love: :hippie:

I have a nice experience to share. We were at our first MVMCP and managed to get a seat in the hub in front of the castle. There was a young couple just a head of us but other than that it was a good seat. My two girls, 5 and 8 at the time, had a hard time seeing though. We never said anything and just tried to enjoy the parade the best we could. The young couple gave their seats to my girls so they could see the floats easier. It wasn't something that we were expecting and it was so nice of them. It thanked them over and over again. It really made my daughters evening.

We were coming out of a bathroom at Epcot about 6pm when a lady came up and said her kids were acting rotten, would we like FPs to Soarin. We were very excited since my girls loved it. She handed me 6 FPs for after 8pm. We only have 4 in our group so I was excited about paying it forward. We went to the line at 8pm and looked around for 2 others who looked like they needed a FP. I saw this older couple holding hands (so cuuuute!) who were looking at the 120 minute wait sign and I offered them the passes. The woman hugged me. And we chatted all the way thru the short wait. It was nice that someone did that for us and I was able to do that for someone else.

We gave fast passes to a couple of really nice teenage boys who were waiting in RRC line with us. Nice boys, mid teens, were polite, no vulgar lanuguage, they lit up when we gave them the FP's!

The nicest thing that was done for us was that a lovely lady offered to take my DD's autograph book to the line where her husband was standng with is DD waiting for Minnie b/c my DD's needed to use that BR so badly!! She got the autograph's and handed me back the book, she was sweet.

On one trip I was with DM, who's in her mid-70s. I was so pleased with the how many chivalrous people offered their seat to her. One incident sticks out in my mind-not only did someone offer their seat to her, but someone nearby also stood up and told me, "Here, you should sit near her to keep her company." I was just so impressed with how many people were so kind. The only other time I can think of recently was when I was on one of my many solo trips at a character meal. The lady at the next table (who already had her hands full with 3 kids) sort of "adopted" me, always offering to take my picture with the characters, etc. She was so sweet and concerned.

We were at WDW last September. During our stay my DH celebrated his birthday and wore a pin on his birthday announcing it. We were on a bus to back to our resort and we stopped at TL. A little boy got on with his parents. You could see that the little guy was worn out from his day playing in the water. I kinda watched him...he was trying hard to stay awake! When we got to their stop, I saw the boy's dad whisper in his son's ear. The little boy came over to us and stood in front of my husband and said "Happy Birthday." It was the sweetest thing! It was like being in a Disney commercial. We loved it!

I love all these stories! I have one of my own (it's not big, but it was important to me). I was having lunch in CRT for my birthday last July. I had eaten there before (the previous 2 years, in fact) but last year was the first time I was there for my birthday alone. And being alone I had no one to take pictures with the princesses. Luckily I had help for the first 2 from the hostess, but then she wasn't there for the other 2. To the rescue came the lady sitting at the table next to mine. She helped me out with both pictures. And to top it off, when the hostess brought out the birthday treat she and her party (another lady and a little boy and a little girl- so cute) helped sing Happy Birthday. It was great. Then before I left, I told them Thank You. Well, the little girl told me Happy Birthday. Soooo cute!

I miss understood when ordering discounted tickets online for Disney Quest. I thought I was ordering from a Disney website, AHH no I wasn't. My options were pay to have them sent to my house, get them delivered to resort (had to be there to sign for them), or pick them up at the Official Box office. I thought heck we will be there I will pick them up at the box office. I showed up at Disney Quests box office and was sadly mistaken. The Official box Office was the name of the company I bought the tickets from. Snazy name they had :rotfl2: I look back and laugh at my horrible mistake but at the time I was in tears.

It was our first trip to the world and we were celebrating my son's 13 birthday. This was my big surprise.... the lady at the window pulled up the website and told me the Official box office was a 20 minute cab ride away. I was so upset I was wasting our time, and money. It would have cost more for the cab then it would have had to have them delivered. I told her this was my mistake and I was just upset that this was my son's birthday surprise and my only planning mistake on our perfectly planned vacation. She was so nice she let all four of us in for free and told me to enjoy the rest of our trip, and to get my money back. She must have been a Mom. I told everyone when I got home about her and her outstanding customer service!

I'm a clean freak, and I pick up trash & items all the time at my job (which is very service oriented). I do the same when at the parks - I pick up trash & debris any time I see it. Now granted, you don't see much trash, but it is there. I feel it helps the next person have a better experience and a chance to enjoy how perfect it can be. My wife always laughs at me and proclaims that we are off work, but its just me.

A teenaged girl gave us two fast passes to EE, they ended up not being able to use them. So, they asked us if we wanted them...which of course we did.

Wow! What a heart-warming thread!

On our trip last October, DH and I ate at the Biergarten in Germany with three other very nice couples. One of the couples were on their honeymoon and had tickets to Cirque de Soleil that evening but decided not to go. They gave them to the other young couple at our table and left. That couple decided they didn't want to leave Epcot and offered it to us or the third couple at our table. Since the third couple had been to Cirque the night before they encouraged us to accept them. We did with heartfelt thanks! We had to rush though as the show was to start in about 90 minutes. We left Epcot and went to BC to catch a taxi and arrived just as they opened the doors. So if any of our tablemates that night read this, we really enjoyed seeing Cirque and THANK YOU SO MUCH for this magical beginning to our vacation!!!

Donna

I was lucky enough to receive a ticket to "La Nouba" from another guest who had a member of their party unable to attend.

A CM had the ticket and offered it to me. I was lucky enough to sit beside the ladies who gave the ticket to the CM to offer to another guest. So I had a wonderful evening seeing the show and had the opportunity to the thanks the guests directly for their generosity.. They were so kind.

It was a WONDERFUL evening I'll never forget!

Thank you to Rosemary, the guest, who had the extra ticket in the first place, and to the CM who gave me the ticket -- you rock!

Knox

I have a couple . . .

One time my DD6 fell and scraped her knee as we were leaving AK. I try to be well prepaired, but I had forgotten to put band-aids in my fanny pack. The CM told us the First Aid station was back in the middle of the park. We were right near the area where they search your bags as you're coming in to the park. I said "All I need is a Mom who has a band-aid." 3 women raised their hands and said they had one! :rotfl2:
And after I had washed off her knee and put on the band-aid a CM came over to see if she was okay. My DD noticed her green lanyard and asked if she could traid pins. The CM ended up just giving my DD a pin instead of trading for it. :goodvibes

Another time we were on our way to CRT and the wheelchair lift on the bus wouldn't work. We didn't have time to wait for another bus, so I made my DH (who can walk very short distances) get up and I lifted his wheelchair on the bus. The bus driver just stood there, but another guest got out of line to come help me.

And several times I have had gentlemen offer to give up their seats for me or my DD's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter