• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The nicest thing another guest (not CM) did for you at a Disney Park?

BUMP

This is a really neat thread and shows the true spirit of Disney

We were celebrating our son's 1st birthday at Crystal Palace, and another couple was celebrating their anniversary right beside us. Needless to say, our little one was in love with Tigger at the time - and yelled "TIGGER" the minute he entered the section. The couple had such a good laugh, and pointed out that was what Disney magic meant to them - seeing the little ones head over heels. :wizard:

After their meal, the anniversary husband gave our son his first pin - and it's now part of a growing collection ;)

My DS(8) , with his beautiful red hair and contagious laugh, often attracts attention from strangers. Okay.... so his bright red wheelchair also draws attention.....

Anyway... people are particularly kind to him. Strangers go out of their way to help him and give him stuff all the time.

It's my little one, DS4, who often gets overlooked. It was a small act of kindness for the CM who gave me son a BAZILLION mickey stickers.... but for my baby it was awesome that for once HE got all the stickers and my older son got NOTHING. :rotfl:

In June 2006 we were waiting to see Spectromagic when the heavens opened up and it started POURING down rain. My little one was in his stroller with a rain canopy protecting him....... but my older son was stuck in his wheelchair with nothing covering him and we had nowhere to run. (Bad mommy was not prepared) A very generous woman took off her own poncho and covered my son. It was really such a tremendously kind thing to do.

During the late 80s and early 90's my dad used to play in the pro-am portion of the Disney Golf Classic. Back then, one of the perks of playing was that you got 6 badges that you wore that got you free unlimited entry into the parks for the week. Our last day there was always a Sunday, and the badges were still good for that day, so dad would stop at TTC and find a family to use them. I always thought dad was pretty cool for doing that...

During our trip last year we had a couple of very nice things happen to us. First, on the first day of our trip, no sooner had we entered the Magic Kingdom and started walking down Main St., than a family on their way out of the park asked us if we would like the rest of their Dream Fastpasses. We thought that was extraordinarily nice of them, and likewise, at the end of the day, we passed the remaining unused tabs onto another family. When we won our own Dream Fastpasses at AK later in the week, we only used the tab for the Safari and gave the rest of our fastpasses to another family as we were leaving the park.

Also, in Epcot a nice lady offered to snap a picture of our family for us.

2003, after a vey long day at Epcot, without my cell phone, I came back to the room to a VM that my Mom had passed away. My Sis needed me to sign a few forms, so she faxed them to the front desk. While waiting in line, the lady in front of me overheard one of my phone conversations and held me until I could regain my composure. She offered many comforting words. Definately, the nicest thing at my worst time. I still miss you Mom!:angel:

Shelley

We always give away FPs and take pics of whole families and have received the same. Now, I will tell you something I did that made a big difference for a family. (don't laugh):rotfl2:

We were staying at AKL. One morning I went down to the food court (Mara) for a dring refill. I started talking to this lady. She was at WDW w/ her DD, DSIL and DGD. She mentioned that they were on the Dining Plan and would have to eat all their meals at Mara b/c her DSIL tried Boma and did not like it. (and he was kinda grumpy, too) I explained to her that they could eat at any restaurant owned by WDW, not just Mara. I also explained about the ADRs and that some places would be impossible to get into, but she could try. I told her some of our favorites that I knew she might could get into.

Well, that evening we were at WCC and who comes in a few moments after us? That's right the Lady from Mara and her family. We briefly spoke and went on. The next morning, I see her at Mara again and she thanks me over and over again for saving their vacation. :cloud9:

Who knew that sharing info would make someone's vacation a whole lot better? :wizard:

We asked lots of people to take our picture while we were on our honeymoon and no one said no - they were some of our best pictures. :) We received some CM pixie dust as well, but I can't recall anything else specific from another guest. We were there in August 2006 during free dining, and it was very hot and crowded and most guests didn't seem too particularly friendly toward each other. :)

We did also take pictures for those who asked, and also gave away our Fastpasses to Expedition Everest as we decided to leave the park for the day to a mom and son - they seemed really excited! :)

My husband and I also always offered up our seat on the bus to those who would otherwise have to stand and who looked like they needed it more than we did - a parent with a child, an elderly person, or someone who just looked like they had a rough day. Ironically, it was that particular act of kindness that left a bad taste in my mouth. One night leaving MK, a mom with a toddler got on the bus and all the seats were full. My husband immediately stood up and said, "Here, would you like my seat?" The woman didn't answer him, but just plopped right into the seat as though she was entitled to it and he shouldn't have been sitting there to begin with. No thank you, no smile, didn't even make eye contact with him, and in fact shoved her toddler off onto the floor. Someone else nearby even looked at me like, "Wow." We were tired too, so it affected me more than it should have, and I was so upset at someone not responding with common courtesy to something like that. It made me want to tell my husband to keep his seat in the future, but I know most people aren't like that and he'll always give it up anyway. It'd been a long day and it was all I could do to bite my tongue - I wanted to say, "You know, it's polite to thank someone who does something nice for you. Have a magical rest of your trip." :)

We're going back this mid-August, but I don't think free dining will be going on at that time, so I'm crossing my fingers for a little less crowded and lots of friendly/polite other guests. :) This is a great thread - after the thread about character dining, it's heartening to see so many people doing nice things for each other.

last summer my family was getting into position to watch Wishes. A family with three kids came and sat next to us. Just before the show stated the dad pulls out some glow in the dark necklaces and bracelets, which of course caught the attention of my two kids. The dad them proceeds to pull out one of each and gave them to both of my kids. That was just a nice jesture and I will never forget that and the way it made us feel.

DD and I were heading back to our hotel from DTD. My dh and other dd had left earlier so he could put her to bed. So I had all the bags and a stoller. I thought I'd have no problem getting it all on the bus. WRONG! This nice man offered to carry my stroller on and off the bus for me. Probably no big deal to him but it made such a difference to me!!

All the kind people that offered me a seat when I has a small child with me. Also, many people are kind and help eachother down the steps when they are carrying a stroller off the bus.

We were in line for Snow White and Dopey. The Cm with them told us that they only had 1 more minute. As I was telling dd (2 at the time) that we probably wouldn't get to see her 2 young girls in front of us offered to let my dd go in front of them. They knew that meant they might not get to see Snow White and Dopey but they offered anyway. I thought that was very sweet of them. :) .....they did get to see them after all!

I notice everyone is really pleased when someone give them fastpasses.

After reading on the Dis about the giving away of fastpasses, I thought I would do this as three of us in our party of five dont ride much. So, every ride my two DS went on I have three spare fastpasses. We were visiting for two weeks so there were plenty of them too.

I looked every time for 3 people going up to the standby lane. Most people I approached looked at my like I was mad, some obviously didnt realise what i was giving them and the people who did take them, although they did say thanks, didnt actually seem very pleased:confused3 Some even practically ran away from me.

My son 8 bought some Mickey ears, the kind that are on a headband. It was his last day and we were waiting at the Tikki Room and there was a little girl around five, she wasnt very happy, so my son gave her his ears to cheer her up (he did ask me first). The parents saw the girl being given the ears and didnt even say thank you to my son. To his credit, he didnt do it to earn brownie points, and wasnt bothered. But I thought it was quite rude, they were Americans and were speaking English, so it wasnt the language barrier.

These incidents have made me reluctant to do anything nice anymore. Maybe Ill only be nice to people in green shirts lol:rotfl:

2003, after a vey long day at Epcot, without my cell phone, I came back to the room to a VM that my Mom had passed away. My Sis needed me to sign a few forms, so she faxed them to the front desk. While waiting in line, the lady in front of me overheard one of my phone conversations and held me until I could regain my composure. She offered many comforting words. Definately, the nicest thing at my worst time. I still miss you Mom!:angel:

Shelley

I am so sorry for your loss. :hug: You story brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful lady standing there at the right time.

I absolutely love this thread!! I think if more people try and find the good and positive things that happen at Disney we can all ignore the insensitive jerks who make vacations a bummer.

I have given fast passes away many times, but the nicest things that people have done for my family is help us get on and off buses. We have 4 kids and trying to get all of them off safely and with all our stuff can be tough. Most rides there is always someone who helps out.

We have had some great experiences trading pins with CM's, they see how much our kids love to trade and many have given them an extra pin. I remember one CM who was very kind when my ADHD DS could not decide between two pins and he was becoming increasingly frustrated. He let him have both.

Lets keep this going!!!!

A couple of years ago DW and I brought our kids, then 6 & 4, to MK. After having been there for the entire day we attempted to find a spot for the EM parade. We were near the point of utter frustration and close to just giving up and leaving when a CM came up and tapped me on the shoulder and asked if we needed a spot for viewing the parade. After I whimpered yes, she led us to a bench on a roped off path between the castle and liberty square. It was as if we had a private parade all to ourselves. As each character passed directly in front of us they would pause and either wave and blow kisses right to our kids or they came over and gave them hugs. The four of just sat there the entire time with our mouths hanging open. Four years later and our kids still talk about it.

just realized op was asking about guests, not cm's. Well, it was still a great experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter