The Official 2013 Fall Professional Internship Thread!

SFGADV02: I participated in the Accounting/Finance PI. They take in a large number of participants (somewhere between 20-30, varies each time based on budgets, need etc). Unfortunately, it is 6 months and all participants start in late June for the Fall. This is necessary as there is a lot of group training, classes and presentations etc.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Awesome! When did you do the program? What are some things they asked for during the interview? Were you experienced in your field? :)

Just scheduled a phone interview for the F&B MI tomorrow! Anyone have any insight as to what the first interview usually consists of?

Greetings all; welcome to the new comers, and hello again to those who are familiar with the PI process.

I am a former CP, and had my phone interview for the Alumni Only positions yesterday (Wednesday, Feb. 6), and I believe it went well; it was a bit short, at 11.75 minutes, but I feel good about it.

For my three preferred roles, I selected:
- Disney Ticketing Projects & Administration
- Disney Reservation Center Project Support
- Park Event Operations Assistant

In any case, wishing all the best to those who will be waiting along with me; hoping to keep my anxiety subdued through the coming months, though I'll be checking my Dashboard every chance I get! Lol

Best of luck! :earsboy:

Greetings all; welcome to the new comers, and hello again to those who are familiar with the PI process.

I am a former CP, and had my phone interview for the Alumni Only positions yesterday (Wednesday, Feb. 6), and I believe it went well; it was a bit short, at 11.75 minutes, but I feel good about it.

For my three preferred roles, I selected:
- Disney Ticketing Projects & Administration
- Disney Reservation Center Project Support
- Park Event Operations Assistant

In any case, wishing all the best to those who will be waiting along with me; hoping to keep my anxiety subdued through the coming months, though I'll be checking my Dashboard every chance I get! Lol

Best of luck! :earsboy:

Hello, My interview is tomorrow! Do you mind sharing what types of questions you were asked? Were you asked any specific ones for the Park Event Operations Assistant? :)

Hello, My interview is tomorrow! Do you mind sharing what types of questions you were asked? Were you asked any specific ones for the Park Event Operations Assistant? :)

Glad to share. My interviewer opened by asking me what I hoped to gain from the experience. She then asked questions prompting me to discuss a leadership role in an academic setting, as well as two of my previous jobs which were more guest/customer oriented; much dealing with time management, the difficulties of varying situations, etc.

Then she moved on to the more role-specific questions. For Event Ops, I think the question was whether or not I was comfortable speaking and delivering information to large audiences.

All the best for your interview; I'm sure you'll field any of these general screening-type questions easily.

I just completed my Alumni Only Phone interview and I think it went very well!:cool1: My interviewer was very nice and VERY thorough! The interview was 34 mins!

I posted the questions I was asked on my blog, so you can follow the link in my signature. It is really a lot and I'm too mentally exhausted to type them all again haha.

I also applied for the CP again today!

I just completed my Alumni Only Phone interview and I think it went very well!:cool1: My interviewer was very nice and VERY thorough! The interview was 34 mins!

I posted the questions I was asked on my blog, so you can follow the link in my signature. It is really a lot and I'm too mentally exhausted to type them all again haha.

I also applied for the CP again today!

Great blog! I heard that they have two interviews (or even three), but it seems like this is your first interview?

sfgadv02 said:
Great blog! I heard that they have two interviews (or even three), but it seems like this is your first interview?

MIs have 2-3 interviews. Alums only have the one. The MI ones are progressively harder and the final one is a panel interview.

delmar411 said:
MIs have 2-3 interviews. Alums only have the one. The MI ones are progressively harder and the final one is a panel interview.

Not true. Some alumni roles have two interviews. Ours can possibly have three depending on how strong the candidates are.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Not true. Some alumni roles have two interviews. Ours can possibly have three depending on how strong the candidates are.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Sorry, everything I've heard is Alum just has the one. I guess those in the more competitive ones haven't posted about the extra interviews.

So I guess it's really a matter of there is at least 1 interview for everything but could be up to 3 for any of them.

does it matter if you apply later? also I don't know if I should apply for pi's first or the CP. I'm having a hard time picking the pi's I want to try for but I feel like I should apply for that first for some reason haha.

does it matter if you apply later? also I don't know if I should apply for pi's first or the CP. I'm having a hard time picking the pi's I want to try for but I feel like I should apply for that first for some reason haha.

For PI's I have heard it doesn't really matter because the departments will not even look a resumes until the deadline to apply passes. Some have earlier deadlines than others so be mindful of that.

Go ahead and apply for the CP, while you are working on your applications for the PI. My interviewer said the process for CP moves a lot faster so if you get an offer don't be afraid to take it. If you accept your CP and then you are offered a PI they can transfer you over and transfer the fees you paid over too.

Does anyone know if they are more likely to take a senior over a junior?

Just applied for the PI's that I qualify for. Excited to see the next steps in this process. I have not done the CP program before. This is all new to me. Good luck to everyone! :grouphug:

Hello Everyone!

I'm Sarah, I am a senior graduating this May and my major is Fashion Merchandising. I did the CP in Fall 2012 and absolutely loved it! I did costuming and I'm hoping that will help me for the PIs I want to apply for. I'm interested in a lot of the Costuming PIs (Costumer, Costuming Design, Costume Buyer, etc.). There are a couple of things I am sort of worried about:

1. In the job description for most of these PIs, it states:

- Students must receive academic credit or recognition from their respective school to be considered
- This program is a partnership between Walt Disney Parks and Resorts and the educational institution therefore students will be required to resume their studies upon completion of this program

Are these PIs only intended for juniors in college? Or sophomores I guess? Just NOT graduating seniors? Should I apply anyway?

2. These PIs also require a portfolio be submitted. Does anyone know what they are looking for in these portfolios? I know it depends on the PI, but I guess I'm trying to ask how to go about creating a portfolio. What kind of format? How long should it be?

I'm also applying for a second CP as backup. Good luck to everyone applying!! I'm very excited and hopeful for us all!

I just scheduled my PI phone screening for tomorrow at 1:30pm!

There were only choices for today (well 1 for tonight), all tomorrow and then weird availability for Wed (which wouldn't work for me).

I'm not sure I can figure out everything I probably need to talk about in less than 24hrs! Esp as I have class all tonight and class tomorrow morning.

I'm going to go read your blog Kate to see if I can't calm myself down so I can figure things out! ;)

eta - read the questions...it didn't help at all! LOL

I just scheduled my PI phone screening for tomorrow at 1:30pm!

There were only choices for today (well 1 for tonight), all tomorrow and then weird availability for Wed (which wouldn't work for me).

I'm not sure I can figure out everything I probably need to talk about in less than 24hrs! Esp as I have class all tonight and class tomorrow morning.

I'm going to go read your blog Kate to see if I can't calm myself down so I can figure things out! ;)

eta - read the questions...it didn't help at all! LOL

Sorry if I made you more nervous!! Are you interviewing for Alumni Only? I'm sure you will do great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter