The Official April 2012 Car Rental Thread

mdurette

DIS Veteran
Ok everyone - post your car rentals here.
Make sure to include your dates, company and code used if possible.
Also make sure the price you quote is "all in" includes taxes, fees, etc.

I am looking for April 16th to 22nd. (6 nights)
Best I can find so far is a small SUV via carrentalsavers.com.
It is with budget and will cost $328

April 22-April 29 at MCO.
Budget with code W810011
$286.43 includes all the taxes.
Compact Car.

Ok everyone - post your car rentals here.
Make sure to include your dates, company and code used if possible.
Also make sure the price you quote is "all in" includes taxes, fees, etc.

I am looking for April 16th to 22nd. (6 nights)
Best I can find so far is a small SUV via carrentalsavers.com.
It is with budget and will cost $328

Ty expedia.ca or SUV and total is $221.09CAN inc taxes.

Compact with Dollar on Expedia.ca is $127.54CAN inc taxes.

Are you Canadian? Do I have to be Canadian to book this since it's a Canadian website? It's a great rate!

I have Budget for $263.74 with code x474000 for April 23-28. compact

Are you Canadian? Do I have to be Canadian to book this since it's a Canadian website? It's a great rate!

I have Budget for $263.74 with code x474000 for April 23-28. compact

Yes I am Canadian but looks like you can change to US address for billing puposes. It is a prepaid rate but looks pretty good to me.

Yes I am Canadian but looks like you can change to US address for billing puposes. It is a prepaid rate but looks pretty good to me.

So in US dollars it would be about the same. I wonder why its so inexpensive through this site vs a US site?

So in US dollars it would be about the same. I wonder why its so inexpensive through this site vs a US site?

I can only think they are running promo to attract CAN tourists just like epedia.ca is doing with much lower rates than expedia.com.

Budget
Mar 30 - Apr 7
Coupon Code: X474200
Standard SUV 270 + taxes/fees = $359.27

April 21-26
Dollar Mid-sized, using BJs discount $246.89 including taxes and fees

Subscribing - I'm looking for a minivan for about 10 days. I had a really good rate through Alamo, but waited to book, and now it's almost doubled. :scared1:

So far, the best I can find is through Hertz with the Entertainment discount, but it's still almost $600. Hoping to do better.

Subscribing - I'm looking for a minivan for about 10 days. I had a really good rate through Alamo, but waited to book, and now it's almost doubled. :scared1:

So far, the best I can find is through Hertz with the Entertainment discount, but it's still almost $600. Hoping to do better.

Try Budget using x474200 (travelocity code) and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off. Note coupon will be applied when return minivan.

Prepaid rate of $130.66 with Dollar or $138.14 with Budget on expedia.ca

Are you Canadian? LOL Seriously though -- it looks like we can book (I don't see anything saying you have to be Canadian for the deal)...am I missing something? I'd hate to do this and then get there and not have a car b/c I'm from US.

Thanks!

Are you Canadian? LOL Seriously though -- it looks like we can book (I don't see anything saying you have to be Canadian for the deal)...am I missing something? I'd hate to do this and then get there and not have a car b/c I'm from US.

Thanks!

You should be able to book no problem. Elsewhere I saw a couple of folks who have already booked. I found this on expedia.ca.

Can I use a credit card with an international billing address?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes! Now, if you have a credit card with a billing address outside Canada you can use it for:
hotel reservations
rental car reservations

When entering your international billing address be sure to click "Non Canada billing address" to enable the international billing address format. At this time, you will not be able to book flights with your non Canada credit card.

You should be able to book no problem. Elsewhere I saw a couple of folks who have already booked. I found this on expedia.ca.

Can I use a credit card with an international billing address?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes! Now, if you have a credit card with a billing address outside Canada you can use it for:
hotel reservations
rental car reservations

When entering your international billing address be sure to click "Non Canada billing address" to enable the international billing address format. At this time, you will not be able to book flights with your non Canada credit card.

Do you have your confirmation already? Does it mention anything about taxes being included? I read on another thread that although the price says it includes taxes, the confirmation shows it doesn't, so the poster thought maybe the taxes are only included if the renter is from Canada? That's still a great base rate even if we have to add taxes and fees.

Thanks!

Do you have your confirmation already? Does it mention anything about taxes being included? I read on another thread that although the price says it includes taxes, the confirmation shows it doesn't, so the poster thought maybe the taxes are only included if the renter is from Canada? That's still a great base rate even if we have to add taxes and fees.

Thanks!

I booked Dollar through expedia.ca and my confrimation has one section that says taxes and fees are not included but another page says they are. So, I printed the confirmation page that says they are included! :confused3

The taxes and fees can't be 100% of the rental rate (I hope) The old rate I had with Budget was $263 for a compact and now I have $124 with Dollar, so I should still be ahead.

From what I've seen in the past year, we won't see significant movement on rates until March. It's so, so hard to be patient! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter