The Official April 2012 Car Rental Thread

April 14-22 (8 days)
Advantage Car Rental $227 inclusive, intermediate car (booked thru Autoslash.com)
I didn't want to go with expedia.ca since it had cancellation fees, but I am sorely tempted by the rates I am seeing people get from that site!

Went with Dollar - little nervous about them, but there are plenty of people who've said they've had no problems.

Minivan, 10 days (Apr 20-30), airport pick up and drop off. Code AF12C for 7% off. Unlimited mileage. $413.88.

I can live with this, but will keep looking for a better deal.

Ok everyone - post your car rentals here.
Make sure to include your dates, company and code used if possible.
Also make sure the price you quote is "all in" includes taxes, fees, etc.

I am looking for April 16th to 22nd. (6 nights)
Best I can find so far is a small SUV via carrentalsavers.com.
It is with budget and will cost $328

Now I also have an Alamo for same period. Alamo insiders code - no coupon. Full Size for $294

Just beat my earlier deal with an Entertainment coupon book deal through Alamo. Minivan, 10 days, 4/20-30, unlimited mileage, $401.24 all in.

Still going to keep looking, though. This is fun! :cool1:

Edit: Down to National now, $379.83 with Entertainment Book codes. Awesome! How low can it go? How low can it go? *chants*

Now I also have an Alamo for same period. Alamo insiders code - no coupon. Full Size for $294

Full Size on expedia.ca with Dollar $136.29 or Budget $143.66CAN inc taxes and is a prepaid rate. US residents can book on there as well.

Went with Dollar - little nervous about them, but there are plenty of people who've said they've had no problems.

Minivan, 10 days (Apr 20-30), airport pick up and drop off. Code AF12C for 7% off. Unlimited mileage. $413.88.

I can live with this, but will keep looking for a better deal.

wow that's an awesome rate. I tried the same dollar code for my dates (april 29 - may 9th) which is 10 days too, minivan and I'm getting like $700! :eek:

Just beat my earlier deal with an Entertainment coupon book deal through Alamo. Minivan, 10 days, 4/20-30, unlimited mileage, $401.24 all in.

Still going to keep looking, though. This is fun! :cool1:

Edit: Down to National now, $379.83 with Entertainment Book codes. Awesome! How low can it go? How low can it go? *chants*

Do you happen to remember which coupon you used from the Entertainment book? My dates are two days off from yours but still 10 days. I checked without any codes and it was over $900 (I always like to check before I start applying codes) then I went to the Mousesavers site to see what coupons are listed in the entertainment book (I can't use them until I buy a book) but they say 1 day free rental, double class upgrade and a certain dollar amount off coupon are available. I can't figure out how any of the coupons listed would lower the rate by six hundred dollars. Is there another code that you used?

Thanks so much! If I can end up using National I'll feel like I won the lottery. They are my absolute favorite company!

This is the code language:

National Car Rental
$30 OFF
Expiration: 06-30-2013

Additional Offers From National Car Rental
Offer Details
Reserve any size car in the US, Latin America or Caribbean for 5 or more days with a Saturday night keep and receive $30 off. To receive this offer, select the Get Discount Button or call 1-888-575-6279.
© 2011 Enterprise Holdings, Inc.

You know, you can buy the book online and use the online discounts immediately. It would pay for itself. If you buy your Entertainment book through eBates.com, you'll get 17.5% cash back, too. That's what I did - I LOVE eBates!

Oh, by the way, on mine, I got the $30 off, but going THROUGH the Entertainment website got me the biggest discount. That was almost $100 off.

This is the code language:

National Car Rental
$30 OFF
Expiration: 06-30-2013

Additional Offers From National Car Rental
Offer Details
Reserve any size car in the US, Latin America or Caribbean for 5 or more days with a Saturday night keep and receive $30 off. To receive this offer, select the Get Discount Button or call 1-888-575-6279.
© 2011 Enterprise Holdings, Inc.

You know, you can buy the book online and use the online discounts immediately. It would pay for itself. If you buy your Entertainment book through eBates.com, you'll get 17.5% cash back, too. That's what I did - I LOVE eBates!

FANTASTIC! Thanks for the info! I'm off to check ebates out too! My mom loves ebates also and told me to join recently!

Wow at thees going rates i will not rent!!, I check alamo, for 7 days for a compact it was 522!!:scared1: wow i almost bounce out of my skin!! and thats hard to do!. Is this normal?, i admit i do not rent much but these seem high

wow that's an awesome rate. I tried the same dollar code for my dates (april 29 - may 9th) which is 10 days too, minivan and I'm getting like $700! :eek:

Try Budget using BCD x474200 (travelocity code) and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off. Total inc taxes is $442.11 after coupon is applied when return minivan.

Wow at thees going rates i will not rent!!, I check alamo, for 7 days for a compact it was 522!!:scared1: wow i almost bounce out of my skin!! and thats hard to do!. Is this normal?, i admit i do not rent much but these seem high

Try Expedia.ca

Try Budget using BCD x474200 (travelocity code) and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off. Total inc taxes is $442.11 after coupon is applied when return minivan.

Oh yeah I have that one reserved already :rotfl: still on the hunt for a better deal of course!

I have searched 3 separate times and each time an Entertainment book code has won out in the end. With 17.5% cash back from ebates, it will pay for itself pretty easily. I'm going to keep looking though because at one point I had it around $300 but stupidly didn't book.

For those of you that have successfully booked with Expedia.ca, did you use a specific code? We are traveling 4/4 thru 4/12 and the cost is about $400cad. Any suggestions?

For those of you that have successfully booked with Expedia.ca, did you use a specific code? We are traveling 4/4 thru 4/12 and the cost is about $400cad. Any suggestions?

You don't have to enter a specific code. That is Easter week so my guess why rates are higher due to peak travel time. I see that rates go way down immediately after from the 14 to 21st it is like $136 inc taxes for the week.

Looking for 4/21-4/28 from Sanford airport (SFB). Expedia.ca has listings at $310! :scared1:

So far I have the following booked:

Hertz $313.50
Versa or similar
AAA rate

Budget $266.73
Ford Focus or similar

Dollar $238.87
Promo Code: 570

Thrifty $235.56
Ford Focus or simlar
Corporate Discount Number: 004M001010
IATA: 00170201

I found this on mousesavers.com but the dates are wrong. drats!
Get a Premium car rental for $169/week from Budget. Offer valid for pick up by 2/7/12. Use code U102800. Limited availability at this rate. Weekly rates require a five-consecutive-day minimum rental and a 14-day maximum rental. A 24 hour advance reservation is required. Offer may not be available during holiday and other blackout periods; rate surcharges during peak periods may apply. Rates may not be combined with any other discounted rate or promotional offer. Offer expires 1/26/12.

We are going Apr. 28 - May 7 and I have been watching daily.
Today I got a hot deal at Thrifty through Car Rental Mama......full size for $330.00. That is roughly $150.00 less than what I had been seeing.

We are going Apr. 28 - May 7 and I have been watching daily.
Today I got a hot deal at Thrifty through Car Rental Mama......full size for $330.00. That is roughly $150.00 less than what I had been seeing.

Have you checked expedia.ca? You can get a full size for your dates for $190.26CAN with Dollar or $199.86 with Budget and include all taxes and fees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter