*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

There are only two choices, am or pm. So afternoon is pm. ;)

Really, though, for the most part you will usually have a sunny morning and clouds will start building by early afternoon. Showers can come at any time and be very short or longer. Sometimes the rain is very spotty with Animal Kingdom being perfectly dry while it is pouring at MK. Most often the rain has moved on by around time, but of course, there is no pattern and no guarantee. Sometimes a big tropical storm will come through and it will rain all day. And the weather forecasts never do a good job of predicting anything. I remember one trip where we were caught totally off guard at DHS. The weather forecast was wrong and we got drenched one evening. So just be prepared by having ponchos or something with you. :)

Resort pools will close if there is lightening within a certain radius - I think it is ten miles. We have been kicked out of a resort pool when there wasn't a drop of rain at the pool, but there was lightening nearby.

But don't let that scare you. Just know that you may get rained on and take that opportunity to ride an indoor attraction, shop, eat or take a nap. :)

Thanks! We've been to WDW many times but always in late October. The heat, humidity and rain are things I'm really not use to while vacationing there. We had to switch due to my son now entering high school. But a nap sounds perfect! :cat:

We had to switch due to my son now entering high school.

Same :( HS really ruins Disney plans!!

Luckily my DD (last child) is going into 10th. Only 3 more years until we have mid Dec - mid Jan to go and a week in March and Mid May thru Mid August! I love college breaks!

7 more years until I can go any time I want :) And even better, Ill probably be in a scooter by then and I wont even have to walk the parks !!!!!!!

Luckily my DD (last child) is going into 10th. Only 3 more years until we have mid Dec - mid Jan to go and a week in March and Mid May thru Mid August! I love college breaks!

7 more years until I can go any time I want :) And even better, Ill probably be in a scooter by then and I wont even have to walk the parks !!!!!!!

For us it was more like high school sports ruined our Nov. trips. Even then, it wasn't bad with dd because her basketball coach was fine with her missing a few practices, and it didn't affect her starting position. With my oldest son, the competition for spots on the team is much more fierce, so we stopped taking fall trips so he didn't miss any time.

This may be our last trip for awhile since after this year I'll have two in college and one in high school. If only I could get dh to do a trip with just the two of us.

Speaking to the weather, we go multiple times a year during all different months. As @Wood Nymph said up thread pretty much, it's very unpredictable whenever you go and you cannot base days solely on the forecast ( other than a hurricane). Our first Aug trip was a week and we had rain for literally 30 minutes the whole time- not normal lol. We've been in Oct many times and one year had almost 3 days of nonstop torrential rain that was NOT in the forecast before we arrived. Last month for the 4th there was very little rain predicted but it rained more than any Aug trip we've been on, afternoon into the night on 4 days. So whether it says no rain or all rain during your trip, put that aside, plan for some rain, and don't stress out because it's going to be what it is!

I think the point is that it isn't really possible to correlate one of those numbers, be it a 4, 5, 7, 8 what ever, with an exact guest experience. In other words, if it says the crowds will be a 5, what exactly does that mean your day will be like. Does it mean that Haunted Mansion will have a 40 minute wait all day long? Does a 6 crowd mean that the Haunted Mansion line will be 50 minutes all day long? It is just a number. No one knows exactly what that number is going to mean when they are in the park, so to some large degree, it really is useless as far as being any kind of planning too
Agree 100%! This is just one reason Josh stopped doing his predictions. KtP at least says low/high crowds with no numbers lol which I think is as specific as you can get these days.
Im super excited....last night I read that there will be a DescenDance at Disney Springs nightly from 7:30 - 10:30
Yes! My clients watched it last week and loved it!

Lack of sleep along with nerves and I just puked in the planes bathroom

Oh no! There's something going around. My son had a stomach bug on Tuesday, and my husband had it yesterday. Thankfully, it wasn't severe and was fairly short lived (less than 24 hours). I just keep reminding my husband over and over to keep his hands washed so that my daughter and I don't get it for our trip this upcoming week!

How's the walk-up availability at Storybook Dining at Artist Point? My DH is only with me for 2 days on this trip, and since he's a big Grumpy fan, I really want to do this meal. However, the only time that really works for us is 4 pm on Saturday the 17th. No availability right now, and I've got the touringplans ADR finder going, but has anyone had any luck just walking up and asking for a table? It's only the two of us... *crosses fingers*

I don't think anyone answered you yet. Umm, you can try but basically not going to happen. This is probably one of the hardest, if not the hardest, dinner ADRs to get. I'd check a lot the few days before and set up a TP reservation finder. People cancel all the time.

I don't think anyone answered you yet. Umm, you can try but basically not going to happen. This is probably one of the hardest, if not the hardest, dinner ADRs to get. I'd check a lot the few days before and set up a TP reservation finder. People cancel all the time.

I agree. I found an ADR 5 weeks before our vacation so it can happen, but I never saw another one since and it was not at the time we wanted. We just rescheduled everything else around it.

I wouldn't bother trying to walk up. It's completely booked up, your only hope is to find a ressie.
Good luck!!

I had to use a scooter last trip and it was so not fun!!! Getting it on buses with lots of dirty looks and rolling eyes...navigating thru crowds of people with many people, adults as well as kids darting in front of you.

Getting it on buses with lots of dirty looks and rolling eyes...

That is terrible. What is the matter with people???

Im already pushing my luck walking, but I try and do what I can. My feet have never been my friend....many injuries, sprained ankles, broken feet (one at a time), broken ankles etc...in my youth playing sports. Now they swell like balloons when I fly so even before I get outside the airport doors they are in rough shape.

I wont even get into my knees! My DD is not only my youngest, but she is 10 years younger than her youngest brother. Im no spring chicken, but until I am literally crawling in agony, I will push on at Disney. When the day comes that I have to use a scooter, people will have to deal with me. One thing I will not give up is my Disney trips :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter