• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

View attachment 404714

So these just came. Eek. A day earlier than expected. I was worried they wouldn’t fit hubby because he has large wrists and has to use expansion pieces in his watches but man these things are long! I tried mine on and could almost downsize it to the kids size. I don’t plan on doing that but probably could.
I saw a post the other day asking if the luggage tags came with these bands (may have been in Facebook) but mine did not have the tags ☹ But did have the magical extra card/voucher for free golf and admission to ESPN and other savings. I’m assuming they are all coming with that.

Is there a way to do that? I have very tiny wrists, as small as my children's. Can I just call and change mine to a child's size? I don't want to have a loose band. When we went last time with the old bands, I tore off the sides to make them the child's size. I'm not sure how the new bands work...

Edit: Nevermind, I think it's the same concept. You tear off the sides to make it the child's size.

Is there a way to do that? I have very tiny wrists, as small as my children's. Can I just call and change mine to a child's size? I don't want to have a loose band. When we went last time with the old bands, I tore off the sides to make them the child's size. I'm not sure how the new bands work...

No, it's still just removing the gray part to make it more child size.

Day 1 for me is AK so will try for FoP, EE and KS
Day 2 EP so will try for Soarin', LwtL and SE, will single rider TT
Day 3 doing EMM at TSL then hopping to MK so will FP BTMRR, Splash, PotC
Day 4 MK so 7DMT, BTMRR, Buzz then hopping to AK for Savor the Savannah

Am hoping since I just want one FOP that I can grab it that first day but we shall see

My FP day is this Tuesday and I keep rearranging things. Last day to iron out is Epcot.

My first day at Epcot will be Monday Aug 5th and we'll be there open to close. (PPO and dessert party)

For my second Epcot day, we'll be arriving at the park around 10am because we have DAH the night before. We'll stay until park closing, unless we're just too tired. My choices are:
Friday Aug 9 (we have villains MK night before)
or
Tuesday Aug 13 (we have DAH at AK the night before), this is EMH evening at Epcot

I originally planned Tuesday because of the extra hours, but I think Tuesday will just be much more crowded that Friday and there's a possibly we'll be too tired to stay until 11pm anyway.

Anyone have any thoughts about Friday vs Tuesday at Epcot?

I’m loving reading everyone’s FastPass plans. I need to work mine out.

@dachsie i think you’ll be able to get a fop first day fp especially if you are flexible with your times. I need to get 4 for our second day so I was looking at what’s open 60 days from now. There were a lot of times available. FX it stays that way till my 60 days hits.

My FP day is this Tuesday and I keep rearranging things. Last day to iron out is Epcot.

My first day at Epcot will be Monday Aug 5th and we'll be there open to close. (PPO and dessert party)

For my second Epcot day, we'll be arriving at the park around 10am because we have DAH the night before. We'll stay until park closing, unless we're just too tired. My choices are:
Friday Aug 9 (we have villains MK night before)
or
Tuesday Aug 13 (we have DAH at AK the night before), this is EMH evening at Epcot

I originally planned Tuesday because of the extra hours, but I think Tuesday will just be much more crowded that Friday and there's a possibly we'll be too tired to stay until 11pm anyway.

Anyone have any thoughts about Friday vs Tuesday at Epcot?

If you don’t think you’ll stay for EMH then I’d do Friday.

Officially booked and doing a short trip with the kiddo before school starts...Aug 15-19.

We have never been in a summer month and trying to work the days to have an afternoon break with the heat. Staying at Poly to have a fun pool that should help 'call us' out of the parks.

Was really surprised I was able to get the ADRs I wanted easily and now that Frozen Dessert party is booked I am done with the daily checks on tje website.

Going to be fun if we can handle the weather!

Today was my FP day. Couldn't get Slinky Dog but it was our first park day so none were left. I did grab one in the early afternoon for our last day which we left open in our plans because we are doing the Villians Party the night before. We are going to try to rope drop it on our first day so many not need to use it. There was lots of availability for all the other ones we wanted, including Flight of Passage.

Fast Pass day here, too. Got everything we wanted, not at the exact times, but doable. I was able to get SDD on our 4th and 8th park days. On day 4, there were only evening times open, on day 8 I did get a morning slot. FOP was more plentiful. Day 3 had afternoon and night time availability and day 7 had day and night availability. Initially, I had trouble logging in on my laptop, switched to the app and it was simple. Now I will be obsessing about adjusting the times. Good luck to everyone else this month!

Today was my FP day. Couldn't get Slinky Dog but it was our first park day so none were left. I did grab one in the early afternoon for our last day which we left open in our plans because we are doing the Villians Party the night before. We are going to try to rope drop it on our first day so many not need to use it. There was lots of availability for all the other ones we wanted, including Flight of Passage.

Sorry you didn't get one for your first day, but so glad to hear you got everything else. This makes me even more excited for my FP day tomorrow. I just hope the history of MDE glitching on most Tuesday mornings doesn't happen :crazy2:

Add me to roll call. I am tacking on a stay at Caribbean Beach Aug 3-7 to a continuing education conference. Will actually arrive at the Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek on July 31 and will go to the parks in the evenings but officially move on property Aug 3

You have been added to the Roll Call, enjoy your trip!

I just booked PoP for Aug 24-31!! I’m sure I’m crazy for going when Star Wars is opening, but we’ll have a blast regardless.

I’ve been in August twice before so I know what I’m getting into with the heat. Lol

There was lots of availability for my dates for standard view and standard pool view.

You have been added to the Roll Call, enjoy your trip!

Just booked this week for a stay at the Grand Floridian from July 30th to August 7th and then I will do the 3 day cruise on the Disney Fantasy. This is my first Disney World vacation longer than three nights in ten years. I have been doing only short stays at the front of cruises out of Port Canaveral, but with the deals for Disney this summer, I decided that this would be a good time to do a longer vacation. It seems so strange in deciding my plans that I don't have to try to cram everything into three days.

You've been added to Roll Call. Enjoy those extra days at Disney!

So what do you think are my chances of getting FOP for myself only on Day 1 of my trip? If I don't get it I will be ok, but am hoping since I just need for one I can snag it

Even if you don't get FOP ahead of time, don't worry too much. Make your 3 FP for as early in the day as you can, and then search for / refresh day of, and I am quite sure you will be able to score one FOP day of.

Joining in! Hubby just booked me a solo trip Aug 9 thru 12. So excited! The magicband upgrade is down for now so can only pick from the plain colors but hope it's back up before they ship them.
Now to plan days and fast passes🤓

You have been added to Roll Call . . if you would like to add your resort just let me know. Hope you have a great trip.

I’m arriving July 29, so FP was this morning! So happy I got everything I wanted at the times I’d planned! Now I just need to resist the urge to tweak... for instance, I want to RD Soarin’. Is a PPO reservation really necessary?

PPO is absolutely NOT necessary for Soarin', and depending on how busy the park is, there is a fair possibility that you could even ride more than once before the line gets above 20 minutes.

Disney made me a offer I couldn't refuse. So solo trip from 18 Aug to the 29th.

Love those kinds of offers! You have been added to the Roll Call. What resort are you staying at?

Day 1 for me is AK so will try for FoP, EE and KS
Day 2 EP so will try for Soarin', LwtL and SE, will single rider TT
Day 3 doing EMM at TSL then hopping to MK so will FP BTMRR, Splash, PotC
Day 4 MK so 7DMT, BTMRR, Buzz then hopping to AK for Savor the Savannah

Am hoping since I just want one FOP that I can grab it that first day but we shall see

I know I said this above, but I think it bears repeating. If you do NOT get FOP, just make 3 FP selections for early in the day, say 9:30 - 10:30, 10:30 - 11:30, and 11:30 - 12:30. As soon as you tap into the last FP (as close to 11:30 as you can) start searching for a FP for FOP. Use the refresh method. If you don't know what that is, search here and read about it, familiarize yourself with the process. I am quite certain that you will be able to get a single FOP day of. My son and I were able to score pairs of them last August day of.

My trip is Aug 3 - 17. I have DHS planned on 8/7 (all day), 8/10 (evening), 8/14(afternoon) and 8/15 (morning)

I have paid no attention at all to the new Star Wars stuff. Not because I don't find it interesting, but rather that I have been assuming it is not relevant to my trip.

Do you think there is any chance that something might be open and that I should be spending a bit of time researching it?

Tomorrow is finally my FP+ day. Thought it would never get here. I will be getting FP for 8/3 - 8/11. I have been planning and replanning as DAH nights became available and am excited with the current plan. We are lucky in that we are going to HS EMM and MK EMM. In addition, we are going to DAH AK and DAH MK Villains so are hoping on having a lot of success at each of those to take the pressure off other days. We have pretty much always visited during March/April and although it is hot, I know that this will be even hotter so planning more afternoon breaks and downtime. Hence the early mornings and later evenings. We are park hopping on days of DAH with a break in between and leaving early for dinner reservations on most other days. The only real full day we have is HS on 8/7 when we have EMM and we also want to see Fantasmic. We will spend the afternoons in the shows, inside attractions, etc. or may take a break then too. I think with our "extra stuff" our plan is much more flexible for the daytime. Now hoping the final pieces will fit into place.:)

Tomorrow is finally my FP+ day. Thought it would never get here. I will be getting FP for 8/3 - 8/11. I have been planning and replanning as DAH nights became available and am excited with the current plan. We are lucky in that we are going to HS EMM and MK EMM. In addition, we are going to DAH AK and DAH MK Villains so are hoping on having a lot of success at each of those to take the pressure off other days. We have pretty much always visited during March/April and although it is hot, I know that this will be even hotter so planning more afternoon breaks and downtime. Hence the early mornings and later evenings. We are park hopping on days of DAH with a break in between and leaving early for dinner reservations on most other days. The only real full day we have is HS on 8/7 when we have EMM and we also want to see Fantasmic. We will spend the afternoons in the shows, inside attractions, etc. or may take a break then too. I think with our "extra stuff" our plan is much more flexible for the daytime. Now hoping the final pieces will fit into place.:)

I'll be making FPs tomorrow morning as well. Here's hoping we both snag some great ones.

Our fastpass day was Saturday. We were able to get everything but SDD but I only wanted morning fast passes because we plan on taking afternoon breaks. I'm hoping that since we don't have any firm evening plans that we can snag a SDD fastpass for an evening after we've used up our first 3 passes and head there in the evening. I was able to snag two FOP, which we are all excited about! :-)

Last edited:

We have very similar plans
Mk EMM on 8/4 and 8/11
HS EMM on 8/7 and F!
Villains on 8/1 and 8/8
DAH AK on 8/12

ALso H20glow on 8/3 and MNSSHP 8/16

DD and I will be selecting FP tomorrow. Hope it works out well for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter