The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

We will be staying at RR in November in a one-bedroom (both previous stays were one-night stays in a preferred studio). We love the resort, but won’t be adding points (we’re very close to retirement, so the timing unfortunately just doesn’t work for us :worried: ). The GV looks amazing!

Fellow Riviera neighbors. Just a friendly ask/suggestion that you may wish to bug our friends at Shop Disney (guest.services@shopdisney.com) to ask them to add options to order Riviera (and Disneyland Tower if you own there too) to the custom shirts, bags, etc. that we can order from the site. I've ordered a bag for CCV and VGC (and hope to order for AKV soon - waiting for a good sale) and we love them for pool days and for a large bag to help us get our stuff from room A to B during split stays. I just sent a friendly email asking them to please work with DVC to get these resorts as options in the Disney Vacation Club merch you can order/customize. Figure I'd ask for help for any who are also interested to see if we can get the site updated. Riviera has been open for a few years and I'm surprised they haven't added their current flagship resort to the options to order.

Sorry in advance if you see this post in the VDH owners thread too.

Fellow Riviera neighbors. Just a friendly ask/suggestion that you may wish to bug our friends at Shop Disney (guest.services@shopdisney.com) to ask them to add options to order Riviera (and Disneyland Tower if you own there too) to the custom shirts, bags, etc. that we can order from the site. I've ordered a bag for CCV and VGC (and hope to order for AKV soon - waiting for a good sale) and we love them for pool days and for a large bag to help us get our stuff from room A to B during split stays. I just sent a friendly email asking them to please work with DVC to get these resorts as options in the Disney Vacation Club merch you can order/customize. Figure I'd ask for help for any who are also interested to see if we can get the site updated. Riviera has been open for a few years and I'm surprised they haven't added their current flagship resort to the options to order.

Sorry in advance if you see this post in the VDH owners thread too.
I've bugged them a few times since Riviera opened but can't hurt to do it again and volume helps I'm sure. Right? I mean at least there's great options when you're staying there but come on - it opened in late 2019... where's the shop disney love?

First of all, THANK YOU FOR COMING BACK KIND STRANGER :)

This is disappointing. We own and love Riviera… we love Topolinos. But how can every other breakfast spot have allergy free waffles but this does not?
They do have a waffle that’s free of some allergens just not egg free.

Attachments

• IMG_6807.jpeg
    IMG_6807.jpeg
    43 KB · Views: 17
Hi - heading to WDW November 30th and staying at Riviera for the first time since buying a small contract. We reserved a studio and I was wondering what others would recommend in terms of room request with the easiest access to dining and skyliner? If I had to prioritize, I would want better access to dining over the skyliner. Our group isn't sensitive to noise either so being in a busy section that sees a large amount of foot traffic shouldn't be an issue. Any other recommendations a first timer at this resort should know?

Thank you in advance!

Hi - heading to WDW November 30th and staying at Riviera for the first time since buying a small contract. We reserved a studio and I was wondering what others would recommend in terms of room request with the easiest access to dining and skyliner? If I had to prioritize, I would want better access to dining over the skyliner. Our group isn't sensitive to noise either so being in a busy section that sees a large amount of foot traffic shouldn't be an issue. Any other recommendations a first timer at this resort should know?

Thank you in advance!
IMO, if you are referring to dining at the resort, then room requests won't make any difference for either of those. Topolinos is on the top floor of the east wing, and the other QS places are on the ground floor, whereas the Skyliner station is on the far west side of the resort.

But, since the resort is so compact, it's still a relatively short distance from any room to either of those. I would guess that, assuming you have decent mobility, it might take - maybe - 3-5 minutes to get from one side to the other.

We were most recently on the 6th floor of the west wing, and we went to everything at the resort, and there was no point that any of us complained about walking too much.

Returning to Riviera next month 1 Bedroom Preferred (last stay was a Tower Studio). Super excited for the room itself. Torn on what view to request. Anyone have any preferences? Been exploring the TP Room Finder and they are recommending the rooms at the center overlooking the pool but it would be nice to watch Epcot fireworks....

Returning to Riviera next month 1 Bedroom Preferred (last stay was a Tower Studio). Super excited for the room itself. Torn on what view to request. Anyone have any preferences? Been exploring the TP Room Finder and they are recommending the rooms at the center overlooking the pool but it would be nice to watch Epcot fireworks....
Only one way to see the EPCOT fireworks, and that's with a view of the Skyliner station! We had that view once and it was nice

Thank you in advance!
Suggestions:
Request a room on the east section of the Riviera Resort. The east side of the resort offers easy access to the Riviera Resort restaurants: Topolino's Terrace, Primo Piatto, and the Bar Riva pool bar.

The walk to the Skyliner through the gardens and past the fountains and mosaics in the tunnel area, is beautiful in the daytime and nighttime. Be sure to take pictures of the Peter Pan and the Tangled mosaics!

To watch the fireworks - enjoy a cocktail and dessert at Topolino's Terrace sitting on the outdoor rooftop terrace.

Other favorite features of the Riviera Resort:
Three swimming pool areas - great for lounging and family fun
Le Petit Café located in the lobby area - beautifully prepared dessert offerings throughout the day
Character breakfast at Topolino's Terrance -- a family must do for every Riviera Resort stay
Favorites enjoyed at the quick service Primo Piatto: Spicy Italian Sandwich and the Greek salad

Only one way to see the EPCOT fireworks, and that's with a view of the Skyliner station! We had that view once and it was nice
With a Preferred View room, yes, I think you'll get a good view of the EPCOT fireworks if you have a view of the Skyliner and are on at least the 4th floor. This was our view of the fireworks from a Standard View room on the 5th floor (8555).
IMG_2576.jpeg

Other times when we've been on a SV 3rd floor (8343), or a Tower Studio on the 1st floor, we were too low to see the fireworks well because of the trees. Sorry, I don't have pictures of those for comparison. In hindsight, maybe I should have taken a couple of pictures just for this kind of comparison.

Hey all! 👋🏼 Just booked a 4 night stay for the end of February. It’s our first time at RIV, and we’re pumped! Question for you RIV vets: We will arrive early afternoon, probably by 1 pm. Assuming our room is not ready until 4, would there be a place to change and enjoy the pool while we wait? (Weather permitting, of course)

Hey all! 👋🏼 Just booked a 4 night stay for the end of February. It’s our first time at RIV, and we’re pumped! Question for you RIV vets: We will arrive early afternoon, probably by 1 pm. Assuming our room is not ready until 4, would there be a place to change and enjoy the pool while we wait? (Weather permitting, of course)
Welcome home! I hope you'll enjoy Riviera as much as we do. Bell Services can hold your bags until your room is ready, and somewhat close to the pools, there are some restrooms & showers where you can change into your swimsuits.

Double checking- is the mug refill station at Primo Piatto?

Thanks!
Yes. There are 3 freestyle machines that turn off at 11pm when Primo closes. We were told that there were more freestyle machines by Bar Riva that are on 24/7. We never checked, however.

I had my Amazon delivery address erroneously set to rivieras address since I’ve been working on putting my Whole Foods delivery order for my upcoming trip this weekend and I accidentally had an umbrella I ordered for my trip delivered to riviera. Will they hold the package?

I had my Amazon delivery address erroneously set to rivieras address since I’ve been working on putting my Whole Foods delivery order for my upcoming trip this weekend and I accidentally had an umbrella I ordered for my trip delivered to riviera. Will they hold the package?
Yes! I've had packages shipped and held, if your trip is this weekend, you should be good to go! I also arrive at Riviera this weekend!!!!!!

Yes! I've had packages shipped and held, if your trip is this weekend, you should be good to go! I also arrive at Riviera this weekend!!!!!!
Awesome! Thank you for letting me know! Does bell services usually hold the package? Yay for us getting to check into riviera, it always feels like it takes forever to get to the day of check in but we are almost there!

We are checking in tomorrow! 2 Bedroom standard view, very excited!

Is the package delivery the same as groceries? We ordered groceries from Publix via Instacart and is scheduled to be delivered between 5pm-8pm tomorrow. Do they deliver direct to the room or to bell services? First time doing this.

Awesome! Thank you for letting me know! Does bell services usually hold the package? Yay for us getting to check into riviera, it always feels like it takes forever to get to the day of check in but we are almost there!

We are checking in tomorrow! 2 Bedroom standard view, very excited!

Is the package delivery the same as groceries? We ordered groceries from Publix via Instacart and is scheduled to be delivered between 5pm-8pm tomorrow. Do they deliver direct to the room or to bell services? First time doing this.
Groceries are delivered to Bell Services, and they’ll refrigerate/freeze items as long as they’re marked clearly.

At RIV, packages should be at Bell Services or the front desk - I’d check Bell Services first. At Disney resorts that have convention centers, like BWV, packages go to the Business Center at the convention center, which sometimes makes it difficult to pick them up due to operating hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter