The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

Groceries are delivered to Bell Services, and they’ll refrigerate/freeze items as long as they’re marked clearly.

At RIV, packages should be at Bell Services or the front desk - I’d check Bell Services first. At Disney resorts that have convention centers, like BWV, packages go to the Business Center at the convention center, which sometimes makes it difficult to pick them up due to operating hours.
Cool thank you

We will be staying at RR in November in a one-bedroom (both previous stays were one-night stays in a preferred studio). We love the resort, but won’t be adding points (we’re very close to retirement, so the timing unfortunately just doesn’t work for us :worried: ). The GV looks amazing!

The RR one-bedroom is our favorite stay on property.

Returning to Riviera next month 1 Bedroom Preferred (last stay was a Tower Studio). Super excited for the room itself. Torn on what view to request. Anyone have any preferences? Been exploring the TP Room Finder and they are recommending the rooms at the center overlooking the pool but it would be nice to watch Epcot fireworks...
We also love 1-BR. We started with 75-points in 2019. Last trip this July 4 we had enough points saved for a 3-night 1-BR stay...with financially dire consequences! Hahaha.

Our love led to a decision to buy direct, 200 more points last week signed on the Wish during our first Member Cruise! With summer incentives, magical beginnings. and the special Member Cruise discount, our price per point ended up $30 less than when we purchased in '19 (albeit we didn't qualify for developer discounts cuz 75-points was the minimum at that time for a 'blue card').

Moral of the story, beware the siren call of Riviera 1-BR!

We also love 1-BR. We started with 75-points in 2019. Last trip this July 4 we had enough points saved for a 3-night 1-BR stay...with financially dire consequences! Hahaha.

Our love led to a decision to buy direct, 200 more points last week signed on the Wish during our first Member Cruise! With summer incentives, magical beginnings. and the special Member Cruise discount, our price per point ended up $30 less than when we purchased in '19 (albeit we didn't qualify for developer discounts cuz 75-points

Point taken! ;) Congratulations! So far we’ve been able to restrain from purchasing additional DVC home resorts points - ours are OKW (1992) and BLT (2008). As I’ve posted previously, I don’t believe RR looked great in pre-sale/promotional photos. Our first visit was a pleasant surprise. It’s a lovely resort and now one of our favorites. We’re excited to be staying in a larger unit this trip (although the studio is a very nice size).

We have our first stay at RIV in May and are staying in a standard view room. We are super excited!
We always request high floor at resorts because they are quieter, but any other things I should add? We would love a view of fireworks and Spaceship Earth, but don't mind walking further to dining, etc. I seem to recall there was some sort of really bad view further back in the thread but can't remember what it was.

We have our first stay at RIV in May and are staying in a standard view room. We are super excited!
We always request high floor at resorts because they are quieter, but any other things I should add? We would love a view of fireworks and Spaceship Earth, but don't mind walking further to dining, etc. I seem to recall there was some sort of really bad view further back in the thread but can't remember what it was.

Our first stay at RIV is 11 days (not that I'm counting down days or anything) in a 1 bedroom standard view. We are really excited too!

Our love led to a decision to buy direct, 200 more points last week signed on the Wish during our first Member Cruise! With summer incentives, magical beginnings. and the special Member Cruise discount, our price per point ended up $30 less than when we purchased in '19 (albeit we didn't qualify for developer discounts cuz 75-points was the minimum at that time for a 'blue card').

Just give in already.. go to the 2BR.. :P We're about to add on to have the ability to book 2BRs for 5-6 nights per year at RIV and combine it with our resale points for split stays. We are going to bank and borrow for our wedding coming up in a couple years though to book 2 2BRs and a GV for 4 nights and may want even more after that.. but I THINK we'll be good..

Our first stay at RIV is 11 days (not that I'm counting down days or anything) in a 1 bedroom standard view. We are really excited too!

We just came back yesterday from our first stay in a standard 1BR at RIV and it was amazing! It was reallllly nice to go back to RIV after Moonlight Magic at HS on the skyliner. Hope you have an amazing time!

Just give in already.. go to the 2BR.. :P We're about to add on to have the ability to book 2BRs for 5-6 nights per year at RIV and combine it with our resale points for split stays. We are going to bank and borrow for our wedding coming up in a couple years though to book 2 2BRs and a GV for 4 nights and may want even more after that.. but I THINK we'll be good..
We must be on the same wavelength! 275 RIV points will do that trick! I have another trick up my sleeve to future proof when we are empty nesters…fixed week contracts for standard view studio WK49 (resort studio @VGF) and WK50 (@RIV). Hardest rooms and weeks to secure on property. When you goto add on, consider a fixed week. 🤓

Thanks for the heads up emchen. We bought 75 points in '21 and have our first stay this weekend in a 1BR. Looking forward to the stay, not the additional money I'll be spending on more points 😂

We must be on the same wavelength! 275 RIV points will do that trick! I have another trick up my sleeve to future proof when we are empty nesters…fixed week contracts for standard view studio WK49 (resort studio @VGF) and WK50 (@RIV). Hardest rooms and weeks to secure on property. When you goto add on, consider a fixed week. 🤓
I meant to attach what was avail at RIV as of Sept 5. Here it is below…
Thanks for the heads up emchen. We bought 75 points in '21 and have our first stay this weekend in a 1BR. Looking forward to the stay, not the additional money I'll be spending on more points 😂
Have fun!! Say hi to the Skyliner for us!

Attachments

• fw-riviera.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 39
I meant to attach what was avail at RIV as of Sept 5. Here it is below…

Have fun!! Say hi to the Skyliner for us!
Wow, according to that spreadsheet, they're doing fixed weeks in Tower Studios. When I bought my fixed weeks at Riv about 2 years ago, that was not an option. I had specifically asked my guide about that just to know the options. But looking at that sheet and how they've rebalanced the points over the years, I'm coming out ahead with my FW 41 & 49 vs. number of points today.

Wow, according to that spreadsheet, they're doing fixed weeks in Tower Studios. When I bought my fixed weeks at Riv about 2 years ago, that was not an option. I had specifically asked my guide about that just to know the options. But looking at that sheet and how they've rebalanced the points over the years, I'm coming out ahead with my FW 41 & 49 vs. number of points today.
Yeah. If you bought a FW for weeks in the fall, before 2021, you are now getting a screaming deal compared to people who bought those weeks after the points-hike.

Our first time at riviera last night. Is it typical to wait a while in the morning for the skyliner? Like every car that came into the station was full. Like aren’t they suppose to send some empty ones to get on?

Our first time at riviera last night. Is it typical to wait a while in the morning for the skyliner? Like every car that came into the station was full. Like aren’t they suppose to send some empty ones to get on?
They are supposed to send some empty ones. They need to have like a set ratio they adhere to like for every 3-4 at CBR 1 for RIV. We're not rope drop people so fortunately it hasn't affected us as much but I can see how annoying it is. Even when we go in the middle of the day it can be hard to get an empty one.

Just back from a couple nights in a tower studio. Room 8621. The room had a standard bath tub instead of the shower. I didn’t even know this was a possible design layout. Still a great trip but would have much preferred a shower.

Just back from a couple nights in a tower studio. Room 8621. The room had a standard bath tub instead of the shower. I didn’t even know this was a possible design layout. Still a great trip but would have much preferred a shower.
Odd, I wonder why this was

Thanks for this information. I now know what my first room request will be for our February trip!

I just switched part of my AKL stay to Riviera!
I own at AKL and every time I think about staying someplace different, I usually just can’t do it - I love my zebra and giraffe too much.
But Riviera was available for the second half of my trip - the idea of being right on the skyliner was too tempting to pass up - so I’m doing a split stay.
What are your favorite things/best tips?
So excited!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter