The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

We are flying out Wednesday for our first stay at Riviera! We have a 2BR SV from the 23rd-29th and are very excited.

We requested fireworks view through member services many, many months ago. When I called for something else a few months ago they confirmed it showed our request on there still.

With that in mind, I swear I read somewhere on this site, maybe even somewhere in this thread when it was a hundred or so pages smaller, that if you make a room request like that to not do the online check in. Is that true or am I misremembering it? Or can you do the online check in within 24 hours or something because I think they assign the room some time before your visit?

Anyway, if anyone has any tips let me know. If it’s best to check in the day of at the desk or whatever that’s fine. I just don’t want to mess up.

Thank you!
You can check-in but do not do any room requests. Those will override your message to member services.

Have so much fun!!!

Ah! Thank you very much! Very excited, first trip for the kids and we have a lot lined up.
Very exciting. We did a 2bd at Riviera last year with my kids, mom, and grandparents. The room (and resort) was amazing. Have a great trip.

I’ve rented thru Dave’s and I’m getting ready to put in my room requests. We want to be in a room facing what I would call the center... I. E. facing the beau soleil pool and the activity lawn. My question is if I put center section would they understand?

I’ve rented thru Dave’s and I’m getting ready to put in my room requests. We want to be in a room facing what I would call the center... I. E. facing the beau soleil pool and the activity lawn. My question is if I put center section would they understand?
I would chat with member services online to do your request and you can just do pool facing from what I’m hearing you say.

I usually give them a room number as an example. If you go to Post #1 in this thread, there's a map of the room numbers, or you can go to TouringPlans.com to check the room views and include a room number. Be careful though, pick a room number that's the correct category and floor that you like. The first time I did this, they were nice enough to give me the exact room that I gave as an example. It was certainly pixie dust!

Since I rented thru Dave’s , I can’t do that. I thought about doing pool facing but I could get the Riviera pool which is the side we really don’t want.
thanks for your help, anyway.

Those rooms are all PV rooms, so assuming that is what you booked, I. would simply ask if they owner can send a request saying you Want a room facing that pool.

I don’t know the contract with David’s anymore, so it may or may not require an owner to do requests.

Since I rented thru Dave’s , I can’t do that. I thought about doing pool facing but I could get the Riviera pool which is the side we really don’t want.
thanks for your help, anyway.
Even if you make/DVC owner makes a room request, there's no guarantee that you will get what you want if they are both PV rooms. I personally would not be so invested in a specific view, so as not to be disappointed. Just IMO.

Hello Riviera owners! We are planning our first trip to Disney World. How are the buses to Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom from Riviera? I’ve been warned to avoid my time on buses, but I thought Riviera might be better since it doesn’t share buses with other resorts? Thanks for anyone who can help a Disney world novice out!

Hello Riviera owners! We are planning our first trip to Disney World. How are the buses to Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom from Riviera? I’ve been warned to avoid my time on buses, but I thought Riviera might be better since it doesn’t share buses with other resorts? Thanks for anyone who can help a Disney world novice out!
From RIV the busses are great. Usually not more than 20 minutes apart. You can also check the schedule on the app.

It can be hit or miss coming home from the parks. But, you can also grab the Caribbean Beach bus and walk (Aruba is right by the skyliner) so you double your chances of getting back fast.

Thinking about a Christmas trip at RIV for next year. Anyone have any insight as to availability at RIV for that time of year? Specifically, I’d be looking to book a standard deluxe studio at the 11 month window. TIA!

Thinking about a Christmas trip at RIV for next year. Anyone have any insight as to availability at RIV for that time of year? Specifically, I’d be looking to book a standard deluxe studio at the 11 month window. TIA!
Standard studios and tower studios go fast. You will need to be online asap at 11 months.

People walk those. They are hard to get.

Excuse me if this question has been asked before, but I did a search & didn’t find the answer!

We are a family that likes to have a cook-out - burgers & dogs etc. We’ve been doing this at the Boardwalk for years, but now we’re booked at the Riviera. I can’t seem to find definitively whether there are grills or not!

Can someone confirm if they are there or not? Thank you!

Excuse me if this question has been asked before, but I did a search & didn’t find the answer!

We are a family that likes to have a cook-out - burgers & dogs etc. We’ve been doing this at the Boardwalk for years, but now we’re booked at the Riviera. I can’t seem to find definitively whether there are grills or not!

I have not seen grills before. It'd be great if they did between the splash pad and Caribbean Beach.

It does not based on my knowledge and I just watched a resort tour quick to verify the couple spots and didn't see them.

There is a fire pit each night though so if you just want to do a hot dog or possibly bring one of those butterfly things you likely could cook over that possibly? Heck if you talked to the CMs if you had a rack to put over it they might let you cook on it after the smore session is done.

I have not seen grills before. It'd be great if they did between the splash pad and Caribbean Beach.

They would need to lock it off behind a gate with a keycard likely then as I don't believe any moderate resorts or lower have grills and with so many CBR rooms you might run in to an issue with people trying to get by cheaper since they don't have kitchens.

Now could they just put in a ton? Maybe but not sure they ever do it.

They would need to lock it off behind a gate with a keycard likely then as I don't believe any moderate resorts or lower have grills and with so many CBR rooms you might run in to an issue with people trying to get by cheaper since they don't have kitchens.

Now could they just put in a ton? Maybe but not sure they ever do it.

That may be why they don't exist, but I'd also hope they try to find a solution rather than not include an amenity many love.

I think the easy answer is to just add grills to both Riviera and Caribbean Beach. I think it's a silly to have grills be a deluxe exclusive amentiy, especially as expensive as resorts have become.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter