The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

I believe the deluxe studios mini fridges have a freezer compartment and the tower studios don’t.
You are right. I just watched on YT someone's video tour of a regular studio at Riviera (non Tower) and the refrigerator had a very small freezer.

You are right. I just watched on YT someone's video tour of a regular studio at Riviera (non Tower) and the refrigerator had a very small freezer.
Last time we stayed at RIV, we were in a Deluxe Studio with a mini-fridge. We tried keeping a pint sized tub of ice cream in the small freezer section, but it wasn't cold enough to keep it as ice cream. It became very cold soup. Next trip will be our first time in a Tower Studio. Without a freezer section, we can't make that mistake again.

Hello Riviera family!!

So I booked my vacation for next January a 1br pref.

I tried to do a room request online did they remove this feature ?

Also does anyone have any room/view recommendations? Like high floors? Or wing preference ?

Thanks I’m advance!

I just like to add despite all the hate on Riviera I’m a proud owner and I think the resort is top notch !

Last edited:
Hello Riviera family!!

So I booked my vacation for next January a 1br pref.

I tried to do a room request online did they remove this feature ?

Also does anyone have any room/view recommendations? Like high floors? Or wing preference ?

Thanks I’m advance!

I just like to add despite all the hate on Riviera I’m a proud owner and I think the resort is top notch !
Welcome home! Hooray on your family's trip next January. Btw, is it for the last week of Jan? Just FYI, that seems to be when Disney likes to close the Skyliner for maintenance.

For preferred, I like asking for a view of the pools or skyliner. We've had high floors and and also been as low as 3rd floor and the view is great regardless. Now, the East wing has some pref. rooms that are only views of greenery/CBR buildings and I'm not a fan of that view just because I feel I would rather save points and get a view of Spaceship Earth/Fireworks at that point. I think you have to call Member Services so they can add a note tot he reservation with your preferences.

ETA: I think Riviera hate is waning. When we first bought there were so many nay-sayers on this site... that seems to be lessened as people have stayed and realize it's a nice place. I won't say who but I remember having debates here on Disboards about Riviera and "line-of-sight theming" or "moderate location" with folks back in early 2020... but now some of them own at Riviera! 🤣🤣🤣

Welcome home! Hooray on your family's trip next January. Btw, is it for the last week of Jan? Just FYI, that seems to be when Disney likes to close the Skyliner for maintenance.

For preferred, I like asking for a view of the pools or skyliner. We've had high floors and and also been as low as 3rd floor and the view is great regardless. Now, the East wing has some pref. rooms that are only views of greenery/CBR buildings and I'm not a fan of that view just because I feel I would rather save points and get a view of Spaceship Earth/Fireworks at that point. I think you have to call Member Services so they can add a note tot he reservation with your preferences.

ETA: I think Riviera hate is waning. When we first bought there were so many nay-sayers on this site... that seems to be lessened as people have stayed and realize it's a nice place. I won't say who but I remember having debates here on Disboards about Riviera and "line-of-sight theming" or "moderate location" with folks back in early 2020... but now some of them own at Riviera! 🤣🤣🤣
Oh yea I’m tracking the Skyliner. So we are there towards the beginning of January.

I’m considering high floor and I asked for lake/pool view. So I might have to call and ask for that additional request.

Some influencers seem to avoid Riviera or criticize it. I got in early and I am truly happy with my purchase.

I did witness the debates and I found it funny how they struggled to accept the new resort.

Oh yea I’m tracking the Skyliner. So we are there towards the beginning of January.

I’m considering high floor and I asked for lake/pool view. So I might have to call and ask for that additional request.

Some influencers seem to avoid Riviera or criticize it. I got in early and I am truly happy with my purchase.

I did witness the debates and I found it funny how they struggled to accept the new resort.
High floor with pool view is likely good enough, but no harm in being more specific. I don't think the East wing part that faces CBR can see the pool at all, just a bit for the splash pad, so pool view should do the trick.

On influencers: if you watch the DVC Show hosted by DIS Pete Werner, you can see the trend I was talking about. Much negativity at first, but now Pete owns at RVA and loves it lol. I think the hate toward the restrictions bleed into other areas, but when people stay they seem to realize they like it lol. We were sold on the long contract, awesome rooms (some of the best on property if not the best!), and Skyliner.

High floor with pool view is likely good enough, but no harm in being more specific. I don't think the East wing part that faces CBR can see the pool at all, just a bit for the splash pad, so pool view should do the trick.

On influencers: if you watch the DVC Show hosted by DIS Pete Werner, you can see the trend I was talking about. Much negativity at first, but now Pete owns at RVA and loves it lol. I think the hate toward the restrictions bleed into other areas, but when people stay they seem to realize they like it lol. We were sold on the long contract, awesome rooms (some of the best on property if not the best!), and Skyliner.
So just called MS and locked that request!

I have not listened to Pete in a while as I been very busy but that’s good to hear he had a change of heart !

I was mainly referring to dfb guide she never mentions Riviera and when she does she makes it some what negative.

Anyways to stay on a more positive note. I have seen videos on some visits where some rooms have gifts for the family and guest. Is that service through floral and gifts ?

Btw I appreciate all of your responses they are super helpful !

I tend to do the opposite of what is "trending" with people, so when I heard all the negative attention Riviera was getting, I made a point of checking it out on our next trip down. Absolutely fell in love with it, was on the phone with Member Services a month or two later buying our first DVC Contract. Have already had two stays there and have three more lined up!

We just got back from a trip to Disneyland, stayed at the Grand Californian (hotel side) for the first time, the first thing we said when we walked into the room was "this sure isn't the Riviera!".

Correct, when we were on the east wing in preferred view deluxe studio room # 8581, we could see the splash pad but not the pool.
IMG_0429.jpeg

I agree. I think that there are still a few loud critics on here that like to repeat the same criticism over and over, but the vast majority of comments about RIV are very positive.

Hello! I saw that there was skyliner refillable mugs at some point. Has anyone seen them at the riviera? We will be at beach club next week and I would come to RIV for one of those! We have way too many Star Wars mugs. Thanks!!

Hello! I saw that there was skyliner refillable mugs at some point. Has anyone seen them at the riviera? We will be at beach club next week and I would come to RIV for one of those! We have way too many Star Wars mugs. Thanks!!
You mean the cool metal ones? Those were around years ago, back when the Skyliner first opened. No longer available, sorry. When I got my mug at Riviera last month they just had the regular 50th blue/yellow plastic mugs.

So sad to hear you can’t order extras free of charge anymore at topolinos breakfast. I was finally able to get a reservation for the first time for our trip in May. :(

So sad to hear you can’t order extras free of charge anymore at topolinos breakfast. I was finally able to get a reservation for the first time for our trip in May. :(
We'd go to Topolino's for breakfast twice on our week-long stay at the RIV. It might just whittle down. I'd rather they charge a la carte rather than the same flat fee as other AYCE character breakfasts... Especially since my kid is 10 and is a "Disney Adult" but only goes for the Mickey Waffles...

Last week, BF and I FINALLY got to come home to Riviera! We bought into it back in 2019.

We loved being along the Skyliner, but I think it influenced us to go to Hollywood Studios more than we would typically do during a regular trip. We were able to secure a dinner reservation at Topolino's and... I really wanted it to be better. I don't know if it was just the dishes that we ordered, but it just felt a little flat. He had lobster pasta and I had the scallops with risotto. I enjoyed the gnocchi appetizer. I probably should have ordered the filet.

The room was beautiful and I really liked the tub.

I feel torn, because while I loved the room, I missed being on the Monorail loop. Although, with HEA coming back, maybe I can convince my BF to take a weekend trip back to Bay Lake Tower...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter