The Official Spring 2007 CP

Joanna71985 said:
You got ops? Awsome, and congrats. If you are doing advantage, I might see you in May. I hope to come back for the Aumni program.

Yep doing advantage and I might just go Disney crazy and extend for a whole year. It would be nice to see all the seasonal Disney changes. I've never even been there during the Christmas season. I can't wait to see ya down there!

Had a crazy question that came out of chat the other night.... How many floors are the apartments. Because I know I hope to not be on the ground floor. But I haven't seen anything that says how many floors the complexes are. Any alums?

MissSpooky said:
Had a crazy question that came out of chat the other night.... How many floors are the apartments. Because I know I hope to not be on the ground floor. But I haven't seen anything that says how many floors the complexes are. Any alums?

Besides me? ;) Anyway, I believe it goes up to 3 floors per building.

Joanna71985 said:
Besides me? ;) Anyway, I believe it goes up to 3 floors per building.

Thanks! I wasn't sure who would get the question 1st. You're the greatest! Hope you're having a good thanksgiving down there! Hopefully I'll be there next year for it!

MissSpooky said:
I'm checking in the same day but I'm operations! Can't wait to meet ya! :wave:

Congrats! :thumbsup2

Gee, it seems like everyone (except me!) is checking in on the 17th. :rotfl:

I chose to go on Dec 13th so I could experience Disney at Christmas.

I have never been there before, and probably wouldnt have a chance to go back, so I decided to go earlier than most.

Salukfan said:
Congrats! :thumbsup2

Gee, it seems like everyone (except me!) is checking in on the 17th. :rotfl:

Yeah it was freaking me out that I wouldn't have the choice of that day when my packet finally got here. So I grabbed it while I could. I wish I could go dec 13th though!

Tide27 said:
I chose to go on Dec 13th so I could experience Disney at Christmas.

I have never been there before, and probably wouldnt have a chance to go back, so I decided to go earlier than most.

I just hope I get to extend to see Disney all in one year with the diff seasons. I would go now if not for all the plans to be made and finals. I need the time to get my grades better too!

Hey all! I finally figured out how to register on this site. I was accepted as a character performer-pooh for Spring '07. I am coming in on Jan. 8th. Does anyone know what other character I may be playing too? i heard you don't just play one character. I am way excited! Hope to meet you all real soon. :)

singerkt said:
Hey all! I finally figured out how to register on this site. I was accepted as a character performer-pooh for Spring '07. I am coming in on Jan. 8th.

I'm coming in on the 8th, too!! I hope to meet you. I gave my nephew a walking Pooh bear and he loved it!!

Seemed like most ppl are coming in mid or lat Janaury. I just wanted to get to WDW asap! I hope you have fun being Pooh!

singerkt said:
Hey all! I finally figured out how to register on this site. I was accepted as a character performer-pooh for Spring '07. I am coming in on Jan. 8th. Does anyone know what other character I may be playing too? i heard you don't just play one character. I am way excited! Hope to meet you all real soon. :)

Congrats. That is very exciting.

How exactly do you go about requesting time off? Has anyone asked for time off on their CP before? I'm doing the Spring 2007 CP, but have a religious conference that I previously committed to. I need to be able to go for at least one day of the conference in February.

I'd figure I'll ask for Feb. 9th off, because then I would have been on the CP for 30 solid days by then. I think they really can't say no since it is for religious purposes.

Thanks.

sandicinderelli said:
How exactly do you go about requesting time off? Has anyone asked for time off on their CP before? I'm doing the Spring 2007 CP, but have a religious conference that I previously committed to. I need to be able to go for at least one day of the conference in February.

I'd figure I'll ask for Feb. 9th off, because then I would have been on the CP for 30 solid days by then. I think they really can't say no since it is for religious purposes.

Thanks.

Just ask for those days off, asap. The sooner, the better. I'm sure they will, especially for religious purposes.

Hey everyone!

I just got accepted for Spring '07- Operations! :cool1:

It seems like I'll be joining a whole bunch of people doing Operations this spring!

I'm nervous about what I may be doing....I talked to my recruiter about doing a high spiel role, but who knows! :rolleyes:

Anyways, I look forward to meeting all of you...I arrive January 15th... anyone else arriving on that day?

See you all soon! :cheer2:

FSUDisneyGirl said:
Hey everyone!

I just got accepted for Spring '07- Operations! :cool1:

It seems like I'll be joining a whole bunch of people doing Operations this spring!

I'm nervous about what I may be doing....I talked to my recruiter about doing a high spiel role, but who knows! :rolleyes:

Anyways, I look forward to meeting all of you...I arrive January 15th... anyone else arriving on that day?

See you all soon! :cheer2:

Congrats!! I arrive on the 8th. I wanted to start as soon as possible.

Joanna71985 said:
Just ask for those days off, asap. The sooner, the better. I'm sure they will, especially for religious purposes.

Thanks, Joanna. You're such a big help. I was wondering - should I go ahead and request the time off on the portal and then talk to my scheduling manager? What do you recommend?

sandicinderelli said:

Thanks.

Yea, they should give you those days off for the religious conference.

I would ask as soon as possible, but religion is protected under the Civil Rights Act, and therefor are required to make at least a "reasonable accomadation" for your religious needs.

sandicinderelli said:
Thanks, Joanna. You're such a big help. I was wondering - should I go ahead and request the time off on the portal and then talk to my scheduling manager? What do you recommend?

I would request the time off and see how that goes. Then if need be, I would talk to the scheduling manager.

My 18yo freshman DD accepted her CP last week, Jan 6th in merchandising. She's a little bummed, wanted character handling or ops, but is just happy to be going. My 20 yo DD did the CP, wound up quitting school and working at WDW full time, so I'll have 2 down there! 18yo's name is Megan plus the first part of my user name, so if you see her, don't get her into too much trouble! I'm planning a Mom-visit in May! Good luck, everyone, and HAVE FUN! It is such a great opportunity...yadayadayada, yeah, OK...have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter