The Official Spring 2010 PI Thread

They've changed the way the program is run considerably since my last application. I'm hoping this will be in my favor as it lets me highlight my applicable experience in each PI better where as the old one would barely let me submit materials/multiple resumes.

There's also a "general" option for applying for the PI program? Does anybody know what roles this generates?

In response to the number of Internships, here are a few things they mentioned at our housing meeting last week. (I just started mine this week).

Only ~90 interns are staying in housing right now. Everyone is housed in building 6 of Patterson. I believe they said that there are around ~250 interns at the moment. These numbers are obviously down from previous years, so just keep it in mind that as the economy rebounds they will probably add more positions.

There's also a "general" option for applying for the PI program? Does anybody know what roles this generates?

I saw that too. Anyone know what it means? Also, it seems like there are a lot more PI postings than there were for Fall 2009.

I have applied for a management internship, and am planning on applying for a few of the finance ones!

Anyone know any kind of timeline?? I know we don't have much information, but for anyone who has applied: do calls for interviews come soon after you apply, or do we have to wait until the application deadline has passed to hear any sort of communication?

Hey all!

I've applied to a Management Internship and 2 CP Alum only internships. I've had something strange happen while I was applying to both of them, though. On the management one, my internet disconnected and then reconnected before I hit the "next" button, and it took me to this seemingly third-party log in page. (I assume maybe the third party was the people who created the application?) I can't figure out how to go back and finish (or be sure I finished) my application. On the Alumni only application, I clicked the "Save as draft" button hoping to go back and finish it later. It said I could access it later to finish it, but I can't figure out how to go back to that application either. :confused3 On both I was able to submit my resume and cover letter, it's the application part after that I wasn't able to complete. Does anyone know how to check and go back to them?

Heather, you should be able to log back in to the sight, then go to jobs applied for or something like that (along the top, near where the cart button is). If you don't have a profile made, then you did not apply (I think). I would start there, and email the disney people if it still doesn't work.

I just applied for hotel, retail, food and beverage and the culinary management internships. Will see what happens. Have the interviews started yet?

That's a very good question. I applied for the retail management internship as well, haven't heard anything. I applied for College Recruiting, College Recruiting Coordinator and Cast deployment, but I had an interview for those already, it went pretty well. I am still waiting on the managment one though, it seems that they have not starting reviewing application yet. It's driving me crazy. But just in case I don't get one, I'm doing another CP program in spring.

I don't think we are going to hear anything on the MI's until after the closing date of the application. At least that is the impression that I got. I wish they were doing interviews as we applied like the alumni internships, but I think they wait to receive all the resumes.

I don't think we are going to hear anything on the MI's until after the closing date of the application. At least that is the impression that I got. I wish they were doing interviews as we applied like the alumni internships, but I think they wait to receive all the resumes.

I had the same feeling about the MI as well, that maybe they will wait til Oct. 2nd to start to process. What alumni internships did you apply for??? They told me I have to wait until november for answer. I will be going crazy by that time. Good luck. :thumbsup2 I wish we had more people on this thread:cool1:

. What alumni internships did you apply for??? They told me I have to wait until november for answer.

I didn't actually apply for any of the alumni ones. None of them were in the fields I wanted. I applied for an MI in Merchandise (and I am kinda playing with the idea of applying for Operations). I also applied for three finance internships since I am an accounting major.

What about you?

And as for waiting till November, I think I may very well go nuts waiting for an answer. I have a feeling this fall is really going to test my patience!

Haha - November is right. I received my offer for my Spring 2009 PI on Nov. 17th and I was in the middle, some waited until December before hearing anything!

They should start the basic phone interviews soon. It's normally 2-4 weeks after you apply that you hear something.

I've put in for roughly 8 PI's now as I'm paranoid that I won't get one. (I'm debating applying for some more as well.)

-4 in costuming (where I hope to end up)
-2 in management (not bad, but not my fav)
-1 in photography (again, good, but not my fav)
-1 general (I have no clue, so I can't give my opinion)

I didn't actually apply for any of the alumni ones. None of them were in the fields I wanted. I applied for an MI in Merchandise (and I am kinda playing with the idea of applying for Operations). I also applied for three finance internships since I am an accounting major.

What about you?

And as for waiting till November, I think I may very well go nuts waiting for an answer. I have a feeling this fall is really going to test my patience!

I applied for Retail management, college recruiting, college recruiting coordinator and cast deployment. I have a long wait ahead of me if they not going let you know until mid november:scared1: I will be a nervous wreck by then. I really am hoping for a management PI that is my first choice, at least a screening call, would calm me down a little.

Haha - November is right. I received my offer for my Spring 2009 PI on Nov. 17th and I was in the middle, some waited until December before hearing anything!

I'm really hoping to getting a PI this time around, but how did your process go, it is a little different from the past??? I just received one phone interview for the professional internship alumni ones, and nothing from managment one, it will almost be three weeks from which I applied for it. Maybe they will wait until deadline to start the process. I'm paranoid.

They should start the basic phone interviews soon. It's normally 2-4 weeks after you apply that you hear something.

I've put in for roughly 8 PI's now as I'm paranoid that I won't get one. (I'm debating applying for some more as well.)

-4 in costuming (where I hope to end up)
-2 in management (not bad, but not my fav)
-1 in photography (again, good, but not my fav)
-1 general (I have no clue, so I can't give my opinion)

Hey, this great you are interested in so many areas. Just a little hint, I don't know if it is true, but they look at how many PIs you apply to see if you are not just applying just to get a internship to work at disney. They like to see where your interest are and some of your experience. Just don't seem desperate to them, besides that you should be ok. It will be a long wait for all of us, good luck!!!!:thumbsup2

Hey, this great you are interested in so many areas. Just a little hint, I don't know if it is true, but they look at how many PIs you apply to see if you are not just applying just to get a internship to work at disney. They like to see where your interest are and some of your experience. Just don't seem desperate to them, besides that you should be ok. It will be a long wait for all of us, good luck!!!!:thumbsup2

I have professional experience in all the areas I've applied in. I could apply for more as I have experience in other fields as well, but the degree requirements keep me from being qualified.

I don't think the rumor is true as I applied in Fall 08, with approximately 3-4 internships, and never got an offer. Another person applied for 5-6+ and was offered a less desirable internship, but still received one.

That seems sooooo far away right now. I am hoping that once I get back to school next week, it will help take my mind off worrying about getting an interview!

Yay!! I think I fixed my application form problem! :cool1: I applied to another internship and was able to complete the form in its entirety. I think the application form is then attached to all the applications. Does anyone know for sure? I know the form was completed up to the point I clicked "Save as Draft" so maybe that's the case.

I guess I'll call to schedule the CP Alumni-Only Internships interview tomorrow! Has anyone had the interview for it yet? How was it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter