The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

When you have an on-site resort reservation, you get access to 120 days of park reservations. So if you plan ahead and grab a room reservation every 4 months, you will technically have access to the hotel park reservations pot, which is ALL days available (so far at least for this past year). This makes the park reservation limit for Magic Key moot.
I have a question related to this. We've never been to DL so I apologize if this is basic. So right now we have a 8 night / 1 night split stay. On the DL site it says for the 9 night stay -- "Make a Park Reservation will be available after Sun, Feb 18, 2024" and for the 1 night stay -- "Make a Park Reservation will be available after Mon, Feb 26, 2024". We have two sets of 5 day tickets (so 10 days total).

So my question is when Feb 18 gets here should we be able to make the first 9 days of reservations and then when the Feb 26 roles around I can make the lat day? Or do we make them one day at a time starting Feb 18?

Got the information on parking with your cash stays. (Using points $0). Transient Tax $5.25 and Tourism Impv Tax $0.70 line items are added with the daily $35.00. ($40.95) per night. 👍🏻

Dropped this off at front desk this morning (so later at checkout can be all happy and fun stuff!), my room report, of the overall minor issues. It’s for sure a bonding adjustment period, being a brand new product. It’s just when paying luxury, you should really get that high quality in return. (Can write a full book on the positives here. Amazing DVC vacation location!)IMG_1240.jpeg

Got the information on parking with your cash stays. (Using points $0). Transient Tax $5.25 and Tourism Impv Tax $0.70 line items are added with the daily $35.00. ($40.95) per night. 👍🏻
Wait they price parking as tax exclusive? i.e., $35 before tax?

I wonder if this is what's going to change in the future for VDH points stays: guests pay ToT for parking like they do for the room.

Wait they price parking as tax exclusive? i.e., $35 before tax?

I wonder if this is what's going to change in the future for VDH points stays: guests pay ToT for parking like they do for the room.
Correct. For each night it will fall in line items looking like this. When they had the DVC cash stay availability we did book cash figuring heck..this type event doesn’t happen often & get to experience in my life memories!IMG_1243.jpeg

Update: Luis came by room #249 this morning having the issues I submitted. He tested sink and warm somewhere is mixing into the cold tap in room. He found the toilet line had some warmth. Shower same. He even turned off the hot line at sink & cold warmed still. The crew coming back after we checkout to do work. As far as the bathroom fan system. There is no motion sensor for it, just the lights. It runs continuously. Sounds like they might have a way to turn them down on sound. No guarantee on that fix. Was great getting his visit.

One thing for sure this Monday morning, there are maintenance crews swarming the resort ground working on things including around the pool and bbq’s.
Sounds like they paused for opening weekend but are ready to dig in on any pending items, and probably all the issues reported by guests like you. I'm glad you had a great stay, though, despite the issues.

Until the bar under our tower in breezeway is complete, (They will be including tables for restaurant style quick service too!), don’t miss trying the opened lounge by the extinct steakhouse 55. Amazing bartenders, drinks, & food options. Live jazz band last night started at 7pm.

I have a question related to this. We've never been to DL so I apologize if this is basic. So right now we have a 8 night / 1 night split stay. On the DL site it says for the 9 night stay -- "Make a Park Reservation will be available after Sun, Feb 18, 2024" and for the 1 night stay -- "Make a Park Reservation will be available after Mon, Feb 26, 2024". We have two sets of 5 day tickets (so 10 days total).

So my question is when Feb 18 gets here should we be able to make the first 9 days of reservations and then when the Feb 26 roles around I can make the lat day? Or do we make them one day at a time starting Feb 18?
First of all, 9 days sounds amazing! 😍 I actually don’t know the correct answer to your question because I stopped worrying about park reservations when I realized the resort park reservation bucket is always fully available. My suggestion would be to just wait until 2/26 and do them all at the same time. It’s really nice to not have to worry about not getting one when you have resort stay.

When outside on balcony won’t really notice traffic unless something louder like a truck or modified exhaust passes. Pool with the sound track, cuts that noise out pretty well. Now there is a Disney access road running between the back wall of VDH property and the perimeter fence along the road. Will hear at times that traffic..trucks…back up alarms..etc. Overall, traffic noise not bad at all.View attachment 798067View attachment 798068View attachment 798069View attachment 798070
Is that Walnut St back there?

For years, they've took away a lot of what made the resort special—the waltzing waters, the marina, gardens, waterfall area, etc. However, the tide appears to be turning with this tower and the potential of Disneyland Forward.

It's like they knew this may be their last chance to build a DVC property in Anaheim.

If you own here—you should be proud.
I think DisneylandForward will bring another option in the Toy Story/GardenWalk area. ;)

My thoughts, we also own Grand California. Does not have the lobby that the Grand has, that is a one timer, but I did like the feel of the DH grounds, more like a Hawaii resort. The room has a lot more light than the Grand, and has more modern features. Cool lighting for sure, we liked the pool, has a total palm springs 60s vibe to it. The weather was not real hot, so on a hot day I assume getting a chair will be an issue.
That is exactly how i would hope it to feel. Glad to hear it!!

S
First of all, 9 days sounds amazing! 😍 I actually don’t know the correct answer to your question because I stopped worrying about park reservations when I realized the resort park reservation bucket is always fully available. My suggestion would be to just wait until 2/26 and do them all at the same time. It’s really nice to not have to worry about not getting one when you have resort stay.
Thanks. That sounds easy enough. Yes, the 9 nights should be fun. It'll let us take our time and not kill ourselves trying to fit everything in. Did I mention the DL trip is after starting at WDW for 7 days :-)

Genius! Kickn myself, can’t believe I didn’t realize this!!!

Standard ticket-specific blackouts still apply I assume?

Thank you!!!
Yes ticket specific rules will still apply. I hope DLR doesn’t catch on and change things to WDW rules. I consider it one of my DVC perks LOL

Dropped this off at front desk this morning (so later at checkout can be all happy and fun stuff!), my room report, of the overall minor issues. It’s for sure a bonding adjustment period, being a brand new product. It’s just when paying luxury, you should really get that high quality in return. (Can write a full book on the positives here. Amazing DVC vacation location!)View attachment 798849
Wow. I hope they offered you some form of compensation. Even though this is opening week, you paid full points/cash to stay here so your experience shouldn’t be sub par.

Wow. I hope they offered you some form of compensation. Even though this is opening week, you paid full points/cash to stay here so your experience shouldn’t be sub par.
First gardener incident offered “breakfast”. I said thanks but declined. I didn’t want or ask for anything. This time with all the newness, plus everyone was so friendly and they definitely apologized. Was more to help them to get a feel of how things are going with the opening to assist them. Giving the notes sure got the response though. Within the hour, maintenance was knocking on the door with all the issues on his phone.

First gardener incident offered “breakfast”. I said thanks but declined. I didn’t want or ask for anything. This time with all the newness, plus everyone was so friendly and they definitely apologized. Was more to help them to get a feel of how things are going with the opening to assist them. Giving the notes sure got the response though. Within the hour, maintenance was knocking on the door with all the issues on his phone.
Should be this way more often... Getting the freebies isn't the point. But in todays society, too many expect to be rewarded for complaining. (although i guess it helps keep them on top of things)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter