The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

Since I've incessantly watched a good 5 or so room walkthroughs, something to note is that there are deluxe studios with just a shower and deluxe studios with a bath tub. However, it's not a booking type (yet).

I don't care, but important to note for folks with small kids.
Thank you for pointing that out! I have a 3 year old and have been trying to think of ways to get him clean lol. He is not a fan of showers yet. I guess my number request would be a tub then for my standard studio in April.

First gardener incident offered “breakfast”. I said thanks but declined. I didn’t want or ask for anything. This time with all the newness, plus everyone was so friendly and they definitely apologized. Was more to help them to get a feel of how things are going with the opening to assist them. Giving the notes sure got the response though. Within the hour, maintenance was knocking on the door with all the issues on his phone.
I would also send an email regarding what you experienced to dvc services, make sure there is a record with the company on a larger scale vs just at the local level. It’ll help with future stays at resorts & corporate providing them with more people help & budget when opening these venues.
Should be this way more often... Getting the freebies isn't the point. But in todays society, too many expect to be rewarded for complaining. (although i guess it helps keep them on top of things)
Agreed , but that doesn’t apply to this case. Compensation for a sub par experience when you pay full price is not getting a freebie. It’s getting the value you paid for. It’s wonderful to be nice but don’t kid yourself, keeping quiet or just accepting an apology when it comes to this level, will hurt everyone. If the higher ups don’t see the numbers affecting their pocketbooks. There won’t be any assistance given on the local level for things like this going forward.

Agreed , but that doesn’t apply to this case. Compensation for a sub par experience when you pay full price is not getting a freebie. It’s getting the value you paid for. It’s wonderful to be nice but don’t kid yourself, keeping quiet or just accepting an apology when it comes to this level, will hurt everyone. If the higher ups don’t see the numbers affecting their pocketbooks. There won’t be any assistance given on the local level for things like this going forward.

Yea i agree, that's why i said...
(although i guess it helps keep them on top of things)
And it is unfortunate that they probably get so many petty complaints that you have to be loud about serious ones, or like you said the higher ups basically don't hear ya' (or care).

Especially if anything might be systemic and a problem in multiple units.
Yes, got that thought for entire garden section when Luis turned off the hot side under sink and used his temp gauge again on cold side. That lukewarm stayed the same. I joked about shower because what if I actually wanted to take a cold shower. He got some warmth detection even on toilet connection hose after flush tests.

VERY intriguing! James Vasquez reported this on the Villas at Disneyland Hotel DVC Owners Facebook group:
"Something cool to point out. Looks like the Downtown Disney entrance is moving closer to the Villas. I was parking at the VGC and the attendant told me I had to park in the Paraidise Pier Hotel structure since the VGC lot was full. I asked why it was full and they told me it was because a chunk of the lot was recently taken away to add a new entrance to Downtown Disney. I took some photos of the new entrance which is where security will be. This new entrance is a slightly shorter walk for anyone staying at VDH. Red dot is the current entrance and blue is the new entrance. I am curious to know if they are going to make the current entrance exclusive for the Disneyland hotel."

384460694_10231085275333374_6985086487152374258_n.jpg
384781116_10231085275053367_1632668928210668680_n.jpg
385875233_10231084631397276_5573186848774576547_n.jpg
386351332_10231084632037292_2919204335253496528_n.jpg
386077924_10231084603476578_9102494887857827202_n.jpg386346831_10231084631957290_4003452938911182241_n.jpg

Did anyone experience the fireworks on their balcony yet? @DonMacGregor mentioned it might be loud with the echo between the buildings. We experienced something like that during our June riviera stay and want to know how it is at VDH.

Opening Weekend all done...
@HouseParty - Opening weekend - (1 bedroom)
@Nonsuch - Opening weekend (2bd hearing accessible)
@Wedgeout - Opening weekend! (Duo/garden).
@DennieC - Opening weekend! (2 bd)
@BlueIsis - Opening weekend! (2 bd)
@The_MT - opening weekend!
@Kenito - Opening weekend!

If you have photos from your room looking outside, I'd love to add to that thread (link). Some of you already have - you rock! Would love your thoughts and comments here too if you haven't. The Great, the Awesome, the Magical, the Work in Progress, etc :-). I've heard a few negatives too.

Did anyone experience the fireworks on their balcony yet? @DonMacGregor mentioned it might be loud with the echo between the buildings. We experienced something like that during our June riviera stay and want to know how it is at VDH.
We've experienced fireworks echo off the Contemporary while staying at the Poly. For a few minutes on those nights I have mild contempt of the Contemporary...the Contemptorary.

With how flat the DLH towers are, they seem like prime echo surfaces.

VERY intriguing! James Vasquez reported this on the Villas at Disneyland Hotel DVC Owners Facebook group:
"Something cool to point out. Looks like the Downtown Disney entrance is moving closer to the Villas. I was parking at the VGC and the attendant told me I had to park in the Paraidise Pier Hotel structure since the VGC lot was full. I asked why it was full and they told me it was because a chunk of the lot was recently taken away to add a new entrance to Downtown Disney. I took some photos of the new entrance which is where security will be. This new entrance is a slightly shorter walk for anyone staying at VDH. Red dot is the current entrance and blue is the new entrance. I am curious to know if they are going to make the current entrance exclusive for the Disneyland hotel."

View attachment 798992
View attachment 798993
View attachment 798994
View attachment 798995
View attachment 798996View attachment 798997
My take on the DLH restaurant situation is that they plan to utilize the reimagined west end of DTD as the "food court" for the hotel. As has been pointed out, the new design of the new west end motif is 100% Mid Century Modern, and it's meant to be a thematic extension of the hotel, right down to the matching breeze block walls outside Din Tai Fung and the Discovery Tower. They've even replaced all of the exterior furniture with more MCM themed tables and chairs at all of the existing towers, and have leaned heavily into the bolder MCM colors there as well. I'm betting something will go back in to replace Steakhouse 55 eventually too, but I think the plan is to make the west end of DTD an extension of Disneyland Hotel.

Dropped this off at front desk this morning (so later at checkout can be all happy and fun stuff!), my room report, of the overall minor issues. It’s for sure a bonding adjustment period, being a brand new product. It’s just when paying luxury, you should really get that high quality in return. (Can write a full book on the positives here. Amazing DVC vacation location!)View attachment 798849
The way ours worked is the fan was motion activated

The way ours worked is the fan was motion activated
That’s what I was expecting to hear during the maintenance visit. Motion sensor worked good with light. We just closed the bathroom door at night. Could still hear it but just white noise. All good. His lips to our ears it stays on haha. Thanks for your update. That means there is a chance they will figure that out.

While on motion sensor topic, they did go high tech try in room. There is even a sensor when the balcony slider door is open, the temperature room control goes blank with an open door warning indicator that lights up. Can’t make any adjustment until that door is closed, screen features light back up.

Chuckle moment for me anyway while self touring. Guys go into the Men’s restroom in the fitness center. Inside you will find a single toilet stall and a single sink. Right across from the entry door is a nice bench. Sure it’s a cool feature to assist maybe when changing but my mind saw it as you have a place to sit, awaiting the other guy to finish up his own sit down movement pondering who #2 works for.

View attachment 798992
View attachment 798993
View attachment 798994
View attachment 798995
View attachment 798996View attachment 798997
I bet the north entrance (red dot) will remain open and the south entrance (blue dot) will be for the added convenience of DLH and PPH guests. N entrance needs to stay open for those parked at Mickey and Friends who elect to walk to the western part of Downtown Disney.

While on motion sensor topic, they did go high tech try in room. There is even a sensor when the balcony slider door is open, the temperature room control goes blank with an open door warning indicator that lights up. Can’t make any adjustment until that door is closed, screen features light back up.
California energy code requirement. All new hotels are required to have the sliding glass doors interlocked with the AC unit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter