The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

Yes, that is correct. With online check-in at Disneyland Resort, there is no separate option for DVC owners. It is the same process at the Grand Californian. It defaults to the same function as for regular hotel guests, but will be handled correctly on your folio at checkout day.
I would still check the bill though. Our last stay at VGC (on points) this summer, we got charged for parking for the entire week and I had to call to get a refund.

The standard views at Disneyland are WAY worse than the standard views at Walt Disney World. I would suggest people book the preferred view category or not you will be looking at a really ugly city/buildings that will take you out of that vacation mode (even though most don’t have a balcony, makes a big emotional difference). In WDW , the standard views still involve greenery, water and few parking lots, but not at Disneyland. Or keep the drapes closed 😃. Just wanted to put that out there.

The standard views at Disneyland are WAY worse than the standard views at Walt Disney World. I would suggest people book the preferred view category or not you will be looking at a really ugly city/buildings that will take you out of that vacation mode (even though most don’t have a balcony, makes a big emotional difference). In WDW , the standard views still involve greenery, water and few parking lots, but not at Disneyland. Or keep the drapes closed 😃. Just wanted to put that out there.
I am staying Standard view next month and laughed when I saw some of the views from the room. Certainly not the same as standard view at the Poly! Hah. Oh, well… You live and you learn I guess. I will say, some of the preferred views don’t look that great either and my luck, I would end up with one of those! So, at least I’ll be saving a few bucks with my ugly roof view. 🤣

With the info from the room view thread and photos, the Garden Units (4 duo & 4 deluxe) are figured out! Looking at the units from the pool, right to left. ADA’s 155 (duo) & 255 (deluxe), unit access stairs space for 2nd level & ground level, separating the units, 153 (deluxe) & 253 (duo), 151 (duo) & 251 (deluxe), 149 (deluxe) & 249 (duo)!

With the info from the room view thread and photos, the Garden Units (4 duo & 4 deluxe) are figured out! Looking at the units from the pool, right to left. ADA’s 155 (duo) & 255 (deluxe), unit access stairs space for 2nd level & ground level, separating the units, 153 (deluxe) & 253 (duo), 151 (duo) & 251 (deluxe), 149 (deluxe) & 249 (duo)!
Where is this? (nvrmnd, i found it. lol)

Last edited:
Totally agree. We are in standard studio and our room overlooks the AC Chillers and it is so loud. All you hear are the AC running all the time. We had a pool room first night and it was quiet

I did the check-in on the app for this weekend's stay - I picked 1 car at $35 since there was no other options to pick the free parking while stay on DVC points. Is that correct and there will be no charge for parking upon checking out?
I put 0 cars during check in and they had prepared a car placard for me when I checked in with the parking attendant on 9/28. I didn’t get charge for parking in my folio.

First of all, 9 days sounds amazing! 😍 I actually don’t know the correct answer to your question because I stopped worrying about park reservations when I realized the resort park reservation bucket is always fully available. My suggestion would be to just wait until 2/26 and do them all at the same time. It’s really nice to not have to worry about not getting one when you have resort stay.
Is that true regardless of season? I’ve not been to DL in about 4 years, pre park res. Well versed in how it works as WDW but not DL. We have trips in early December and then for race weekend and aren’t sure how early we really “need” to buy tickets and make park reservations.

When I looked recently, everything was wide open. The first (Dec) trip we will be offsite for some of the days, does that up the risk or not?

Is that true regardless of season? I’ve not been to DL in about 4 years, pre park res. Well versed in how it works as WDW but not DL. We have trips in early December and then for race weekend and aren’t sure how early we really “need” to buy tickets and make park reservations.

When I looked recently, everything was wide open. The first (Dec) trip we will be offsite for some of the days, does that up the risk or not?
I thought about it and I have to be honest that my experience is purely with Magic Key only. And right now when I wanted to go test to see what it would show me if I'm buying a ticket, they're doing an update and that is making me soooooo nervous. I can tell you Dec with you being offsite I would definitely buy tickets sooner than later because people are definitely sad about days selling out. Its always crowded through the holidays and that is why even the top tier Magic Key pass is blocked out for 2 weeks end of December. Once they finish updating the system I will try to play around to see if anything changes and also go digging to see what to regular ticket buyer see and report back.

ETA: I guess this is probably not actually a DVC "issue". Looks at availability at Disneyland hotels and Good Neighbor Hotels there is no availability for as far out as you can look.

ETA2: All is back to normal.
--------------------
For those of you who login this morning and see your VDH (and I assume VGC) reservations gone from your Dashboard it is because the maintenance seems to be going on much longer than anticipated (shocker). If you try to book a room at either of those resorts all rooms are zero points and there is a message once you expand the availability menu on the room type that says bookings for VDH/VGC are currently unavailable.

The linked reservations are still there on disneyland.com but don't look quite right as it isn't showing who is on the reservations but if you click show linked accounts it is correct.

Last edited:

TheDailyWoo (Adam) stopped by Wednesday (a DVC member too). Did a great job here.
He may not be the most informed person, generally and I see that's the case here re: DLH history or room categories or amenities (I certainly don't mean that in a mean way), but he's such a fun personality! And so nice that he treated his mom to a stay at VDH.

Disney YouTubers have different strengths.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter