The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

Room number is 340. It’s adjacent to another building with vents, HVAC, something causing a loud whirling noise at all times. The beds in the room are located right next to the window which is the perfect spot to hear the noise as loudly as possible.
We had a similar experience opening weekend in room 336. Luckily we were only there the one night but it’s definitely a nuisance. Thankfully I’m a heavy sleeper and my wife likes having white noise but initially falling asleep was annoying.

They told you wrong. The tech is absolutely there. The photos of the doors posted above all include NFC readers and that’s all they need, someone even posted upthread that their magic band turned the light red, which means they communicated.

Someone just needs to push some buttons on a computer to turn them on. Why they haven’t is probably because they’re waiting to do the entire hotel at once.

But it’s false for them to tell you they didn’t install it. View attachment 798213
I used my iPhone and the Disneyland app to unlock the door using the NFC reader.

Room 146? Duo on the first floor with view facing Walnut street? I’m scared to know what your window view look like. I’m assuming it’s the walkway to the grills and the wall.
We had 146 last week. Yes, the window faces Walnut ... but you don't see it or hear it. We chose to consider the "view" as a "garden path protected by a tall garden wall." I was very, very glad to be on the ground floor ... rather than higher up with a view over the wall.

For those who aren't familiar with Walnut St.
It is ALWAYS quiet. No buses, no trucks, no traffic, no tourists. I've driven through there for 4 decades and it remains the same to this day.
We had 146 last week. Yes, the window faces Walnut ... but you don't see it or hear it. We chose to consider the "view" as a "garden path protected by a tall garden wall." I was very, very glad to be on the ground floor ... rather than higher up with a view over the wall.

Guys, I noticed that the Monorail Slide (MS) is actually "a part of" VDH pool area. No fence or gate between the Palette Pool and MS like there is between MS and the other three towers. Who else noticed and loved this fact?

This is absolutely true. Unfortunately I was able to see AND hear the traffic in room 346 last week.

Does the online booking tool directly tell you how many rooms are available or are you calculating it somehow?
There is a way to figure out. It's in a thread that was started last week. I think if you search for "calendar_availability" in the disboards search feature you'll probably find it.
Yeah, see above for how to look at actual room inventory levels.

And this reminds me that I have a long overdue, and somewhat shocking, update on the inventory levels: inventory levels were reduced at some point in mid/late-August. At first I thought it was maybe a collection of Fixed Week contracts that removed inventory, but it's stuck around.

Short version of the reduced inventory (non-accessible):
  • 7 SV Duos
  • 3 PV Duos
  • 1 Garden Duos
  • 39 SV Deluxe Studios (down 1)
  • 56 PV Deluxe Studios (down 4)
  • 1 Garden Deluxe Studio
  • 7 1-Bedrooms (down 2)
  • 6 dedicated 2-Bedrooms
  • 7 lock-off 2-Bedrooms (down 2)

Yeah, see above for how to look at actual room inventory levels.

And this reminds me that I have a long overdue, and somewhat shocking, update on the inventory levels: inventory levels were reduced at some point in mid/late-August. At first I thought it was maybe a collection of Fixed Week contracts that removed inventory, but it's stuck around.

Short version of the reduced inventory (non-accessible):
  • 7 SV Duos
  • 3 PV Duos
  • 1 Garden Duos
  • 39 SV Deluxe Studios (down 1)
  • 56 PV Deluxe Studios (down 4)
  • 1 Garden Deluxe Studio
  • 7 1-Bedrooms (down 2)
  • 6 dedicated 2-Bedrooms
  • 7 lock-off 2-Bedrooms (down 2)
You can only see whats available though correct? Not what is actually declared? Or is there another filter through the developer tools on Chrome that allows you to see all inventory?

Does anyone have a photo of the outside of the building showing all the standard view rooms?
Basically anything not facing a pool - so facing South not East or West.
Here are some pics of the model for reference.

(so the ones facing to the right in this photo)
standard 2.jpg

(looking to the bottom of this photo)
standard3.jpg

(this side of the building)
standard4.jpg(
I believe the few three stories on the bottom left facing Walnut but no view of a pool are also standard)

Basically anything not facing a pool - so facing South not East or West.
Here are some pics of the model for reference.

(so the ones facing to the right in this photo)
View attachment 801667

(looking to the bottom of this photo)
View attachment 801668

(this side of the building)
View attachment 801669(
I believe the few three stories on the bottom left facing Walnut but no view of a pool are also standard)
So there are approximately 70 standard view villas (whether declared or not)? I’m just trying to figure out the odds of being stuck next to the loud fans everyone is complaining about 🤣😭 (though I did request a high floor so hopefully they are able to fulfill that heh). Or less if there are any larger SV villas.

Ok… I finally got a chance to make it over to the villas and tour a studio and 1 bedroom with my kids (but not wife). I have to give it to Disney… it is very nicely done. The views aren’t impressive and the rooms feel a tad small… but they are nicely appointed and efficiently designed.

Now… just try to use my direct Aulani points when needed, wait for resale, or wait for a Black Friday direct point sale…..

Ok… I finally got a chance to make it over to the villas and tour a studio and 1 bedroom with my kids (but not wife). I have to give it to Disney… it is very nicely done. The views aren’t impressive and the rooms feel a tad small… but they are nicely appointed and efficiently designed.
Pics or it didn't happen. ;)

Now… just try to use my direct Aulani points when needed, wait for resale, or wait for a Black Friday direct point sale…..
With the ToT, im thinking you're Aulani points might be the way to go... until resale is loaded with decently priced contracts.

Well certainly start with existing points if you have them (Aulani) ... then just see what happens?

(In the horsey world, some of us try desperately to avoid adding to our personal herds. When poked and prodded by well meaning friends, "Are you looking for a new youngster? Would you consider taking on a project horse?" our answer, "Not looking; not planning on starting a new youngster or project horse. But if the horse happens ..." ). So it is kinda like that ... use the points you have; don't look for more outside your actual travel needs ... but if the right contract happens ... ??? 🤷‍♀️

Pics or it didn't happen. ;)

With the ToT, im thinking you're Aulani points might be the way to go... until resale is loaded with decently priced contracts.
I try and stay off my phone with my kids as much as possible… even though I am breaking that rule right now as I wait in a radiator springs lighting lane at this exact moment….

Our big issue is that we are 1 and 2 bedroom villa people and not studio people… much less availability.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter