*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

Hi.
Are all the pools closed?
I'm going in October for a week with my mom, daughter and grandson (2), and we had planned, like last year,
to use the kids splash area/pool. Will these be closed?
Thank you.

Speaking of the holiday, how quickly do the resort decorations come down. I know they typically start coming down the first week of January in the parks. Is it the same timeline at the resorts?

Good Morning from The Grand!!

Just switched over from BW, so while waiting for our room, I walked around and took some pictures for everyone.

I’ll start with Indoor Pics. Main Building. Smells of fresh paint. What has been painted looks lovely. I can’t wait to see everything done!!

IMG_5217.jpeg

IMG_5227.jpeg

IMG_5228.jpeg

IMG_5229.jpeg

IMG_5230.jpeg

IMG_5245.jpeg

IMG_5246.jpeg

IMG_5247.jpeg

This looks promising! If the scrim is being removed as the painting is complete does anybody think they will start to remove the equipment from the lobby and reopen it until after christmas when the full Lobby renovation begins?
Based on the reports so far, the lobby will be open and decorated as usual for the holidays. Supposedly, the lobby renovation itself will be delayed until after the New Year. At this time, the rooms are being refurbished in the Main Building, as well as what appears to be a fresh coat of paint all around. No exact time frame has been announced by Disney.

Based on the reports so far, the lobby will be open and decorated as usual for the holidays. Supposedly, the lobby renovation itself will be delayed until after the New Year. At this time, the rooms are being refurbished in the Main Building, as well as what appears to be a fresh coat of paint all around. No exact time frame has been announced by Disney.
It would be wonderful if they started removing the panels and lifts from the lobby as we are there in 3 weeks time and it will by my daughters first time staying at the GF. Would be great to have a fully opened lobby!

Hi everyone! Years ago I owned at VGF and then had to sell my contract due to a divorce :( I've since remarried and DH suggested we look into getting a DVC contract again because he knows how sad I've been about it all of these years (and he's not even a Disney fan).

I'm thrilled to say that we should be closing on a new VGF contract, direct through Disney, sometime between today & Saturday! I'm so happy and I feel like I finally got everything I lost from the divorce back then. I cannot wait to stay there again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'll be able to grab a few nights sometime in April. Failing that, then next summer for sure! I can't wait to go home!
Welcome home! A sad ending regarding the divorce and a GREAT new beginning! Welcome back!

Hi everyone! Years ago I owned at VGF and then had to sell my contract due to a divorce :( I've since remarried and DH suggested we look into getting a DVC contract again because he knows how sad I've been about it all of these years (and he's not even a Disney fan).

I'm thrilled to say that we should be closing on a new VGF contract, direct through Disney, sometime between today & Saturday! I'm so happy and I feel like I finally got everything I lost from the divorce back then. I cannot wait to stay there again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'll be able to grab a few nights sometime in April. Failing that, then next summer for sure! I can't wait to go home!
I understand your situation to a T! I lost our GCV in divorce and couldn’t wait to get it back. Congratulations 🎈🎉🍾🎊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter