*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

Welcome home! A sad ending regarding the divorce and a GREAT new beginning! Welcome back!
Thank you!
I understand your situation to a T! I lost our GCV in divorce and couldn’t wait to get it back. Congratulations 🎈🎉🍾🎊
Thank you! I’m sorry you had to go through that too. Are you an owner at VGF again now? It has been surprisingly healing to sign the contract and have points again. I couldn’t be happier 🥰

Thank you!

Thank you! I’m sorry you had to go through that too. Are you an owner at VGF again now? It has been surprisingly healing to sign the contract and have points again. I couldn’t be happier 🥰
Yes ma'am I sure am! Just added on GFV to my BCV (favorite resort) & VB (SAP's). And yes, totally agree! There is something incredibly healing and peaceful having DVC points! I totally feel that! I want to talk about to everyone lol! Great to hear someone who understands this feeling. And bravo to your hubby! He's a legend! :)

I feel left out - I didn't receive an email. Relatively new direct member though, so maybe I'm just not in the system yet....
That’s a common issue. You need to review your settings on the member website (I think it’s under Communications or similar - dig down through all the menus until you find it) to ensure you’ve given DVC permission to send emails. Even with that, some members still don’t get emails.

That’s a common issue. You need to review your settings on the member website (I think it’s under Communications or similar - dig down through all the menus until you find it) to ensure you’ve given DVC permission to send emails. Even with that, some members still don’t get emails.
I also did not get an email.

I looked under My Profile and Communication Preferences on the DVC site. Mine was set to snail mail instead of email.

I feel left out - I didn't receive an email. Relatively new direct member though, so maybe I'm just not in the system yet....
I’m a long time member & added on when VGF2 opened for sale for members only & didn’t get the recent email either.
I figure I must not be their target audience, maybe because I live on the west coast & already bought VGF2.
I did get emails as well as phone calls/VMs from a couple of guides about VDH when it opened, so they know how to find me 😂.

I also did not get an email.

I looked under My Profile and Communication Preferences on the DVC site. Mine was set to snail mail instead of email.
Hopefully you'll now get emails! Unfortunately, based on reports I've read here, there's no guarantee....:(

Hopefully you'll now get emails! Unfortunately, based on reports I've read here, there's no guarantee....:(
WOW! Not receiving DVC sales emails honestly shocks me! I haven't received an Annual Pass email since 2016, but I figured I was still getting DVC emails because Disney wanted more money from me :rotfl2:

Could it be that people need to "opt in" to sales emails so it isn't solicited? Or does it vary by state?

Thank you!

Please pass along to your husband that there are some real Disney fans that sincerely appreciate his understanding of what this meant to you. It's quite a commitment, after all, and his actions support what has been important to you over the years. Pretty awesome!

WOW! Not receiving DVC sales emails honestly shocks me! I haven't received an Annual Pass email since 2016, but I figured I was still getting DVC emails because Disney wanted more money from me :rotfl2:

Could it be that people need to "opt in" to sales emails so it isn't solicited? Or does it vary by state?
Not just sales emails - you have to set your preferences to receive any emails, including notices of dues, annual meetings, registration links for Moonlight Magic, etc.

We've been members since day one at OKW and now own at 5 Resorts. We have MDE, AP's, and every possible Disney affiliation and with the exception of direct emails from our guide, we've never received an email from DVC. :D

Yes ma'am I sure am! Just added on GFV to my BCV (favorite resort) & VB (SAP's). And yes, totally agree! There is something incredibly healing and peaceful having DVC points! I totally feel that! I want to talk about to everyone lol! Great to hear someone who understands this feeling. And bravo to your hubby! He's a legend! :)
I've never stayed at BCV, but I'm hoping to one day, I love the whole vibe of it! And thank you, I'm very lucky to have my DH :)
Please pass along to your husband that there are some real Disney fans that sincerely appreciate his understanding of what this meant to you. It's quite a commitment, after all, and his actions support what has been important to you over the years. Pretty awesome!
I will, thank you so much for saying so! I really found my Disney prince with him!

PHOTOS: Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort Lobby Restored Temporarily as Railing Construction Concludes

1693781525074.jpeg

1693781536521.jpeg

Hi everyone! Years ago I owned at VGF and then had to sell my contract due to a divorce :( I've since remarried and DH suggested we look into getting a DVC contract again because he knows how sad I've been about it all of these years (and he's not even a Disney fan).

I'm thrilled to say that we should be closing on a new VGF contract, direct through Disney, sometime between today & Saturday! I'm so happy and I feel like I finally got everything I lost from the divorce back then. I cannot wait to stay there again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'll be able to grab a few nights sometime in April. Failing that, then next summer for sure! I can't wait to go home!
Just wanted to say Hi - we recently closed on our first contract (Dec 210 pts direct - VGF). We usually stay at Riverside so we are looking forward to the upgrade. Took advantage of the Magical Beginnings refund since we weren't going to be able to fit a trip in before next summer anyway. We have our first trip booked for next June.

I need an acronym spreadsheet for all of this talk...
So…I’m a new owner as of today whoop whoop!! Bought direct and thrilled to be own a direct points contract ❤️
:welcome: and Congrats to all of you! Sorry just got back from Disney, so I’m a little behind! I’ll add you all to The Owners List!

Exterior Cleaning and Repainting Project Begins This Week at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Several exterior refurbishment projects are scheduled to take place at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa in the coming months. The first project will be focused on painting and will last approximately 4 ½ months. The second project will be focused on pressure washing and will last through the first of October.

The exterior painting at the Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa began on September 5 and will continue through the middle of January 2024. In order to make this as seamless as possible, Guests staying in the affected rooms will find letters in their room advising them that this project is taking place. The painting should only occur from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and will not occur overnight.

Additionally, throughout this month, crews will be performing the bi-annual exterior cleaning. To ensure the Guest are aware of the upcoming cleaning, signage will be placed in select areas around the resort, and advisories will be shown on in-room interactive TVs.

The pressure washing schedule for each building will be as follows (subject to change without notice):

Building 7: Through September 8
Building 8: September 11-14
Building 5: September 15-20
Building 6: September21-27
Entry signs: September 28
Building 9: September 29 – October 3

Does anyone know when the overall construction at the Grand Floridian will be finished? Especially the conversion of all the rooms to DVC style rooms. I have reservations next March, and I’m wondering if I should try another resort.

Does anyone know when the overall construction at the Grand Floridian will be finished? Especially the conversion of all the rooms to DVC style rooms. I have reservations next March, and I’m wondering if I should try another resort.
Big Pine Key was the only GF building being converted to DVC, and it’s been done for quite some time. Also, the DVC villas in the original DVC VGF building have been refurbished.

All the outlying buildings have been refurbished, and part of the main lobby (upper railings) has been repainted. It’s believed that the club level rooms in the main building are being refurbished now.

Disney did just announce that they’ll be painting the exteriors of all the buildings at GF soon. https://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2023/09/exterior-cleaning-and-repainting.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter