*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

We check in this week for 2 nights before going to AKL. Unfortunately we had 2 nights in a resort studio booked and I was able to grab a 1 BR for the second night hoping the first night would also open up. It didn’t and now we have a split stay within a split stay at VGF. Hoping it’s not too bad, really looking forward to our first VGF stay though.

So with all the announced renovations coming, what do y'all recommend I add for a room request for a standard deluxe studio for the first week in December? We like high floors because they are quieter and are more concerned about a nice view/away from construction than we are with being close to anything.

Thank you for any help!
We will be at VGF a few weeks before you in standard view also. I think there's a pretty good chance of construction views no matter what now, unfortunately. We normally request to face the resort grounds/beach pool/fountain - I think with the exterior construction on the main GF building seemingly working it's way to the left (and then I'm assuming moving around to the front of the building?), there's a decent chance the scaffolding will be on the side of the building most prominent in that view in the next few months. If you request the standard views in the front of VGF overlooking the porte cochere and the parking lot, then you probably have a Poly tower construction view and still possibly scaffolding on the GF main building (just depends where it it has extended to at that point in time.) At this point I'd rather just request to be on the opposite side of wherever the VGF exterior painting is occurring at the time, which we may not be able to confirm until we get there (and I know possibly too late for a room change at that point.) From the photos, looks like they are painting the lake side of the villas building first so I'm just trying to resign myself to the fact that there's a likelihood we have to deal with that. I think having to view scaffolding on the main GF building will not feel as intrusive as painting occurring right outside your own balcony though, since there's still a decent amount of distance between the VGF and main GF building.

We check in this week for 2 nights before going to AKL. Unfortunately we had 2 nights in a resort studio booked and I was able to grab a 1 BR for the second night hoping the first night would also open up. It didn’t and now we have a split stay within a split stay at VGF. Hoping it’s not too bad, really looking forward to our first VGF stay though.
We spent 3 nights in a resort studio & then moved over to our 1 br. in the original building last December - easiest split stay ever, we just wheeled our suitcases over to the original DVC building’s bell services on our way to a park in the morning & collected them on our way to our villa when we returned that afternoon.

So with all the announced renovations coming, what do y'all recommend I add for a room request for a standard deluxe studio for the first week in December? We like high floors because they are quieter and are more concerned about a nice view/away from construction than we are with being close to anything.

Thank you for any help!
Anything but 1221...

We spent 3 nights in a resort studio & then moved over to our 1 br. in the original building last December - easiest split stay ever, we just wheeled our suitcases over to the original DVC building’s bell services on our way to a park in the morning & collected them on our way to our villa when we returned that afternoon.

Thanks for sharing that, I’m glad to hear it won’t be too painful to move from BPK to the DVC building.

Still stalking the website to see if I can pick up that first night but it’s getting down to the wire so I’m not very hopeful.

No, 1221 is the villa that looks onto the peaked roof of the entrance portico.
Ohhh...Got it! :D

I guess I will request high floor, away from construction, not villa 1221. Are most of the other standard views fairly good? I am pretty sure I read that some of them look at the monorail, which would be fun.

So, I was up before 4 a.m. my time to make my ADRs for my Nov./Dec. trip. I’d read that Narcoossees was closed again until mid October, but neither Narcoossees or Citricos showed as available to book through 12/5, anyone have any insight as to when they’ll load available dates for booking?

So, I was up before 4 a.m. my time to make my ADRs for my Nov./Dec. trip. I’d read that Narcoossees was closed again until mid October, but neither Narcoossees or Citricos showed as available to book through 12/5, anyone have any insight as to when they’ll load available dates for booking?
Nope. But ran into the same thing this morning. I will just keep checking

Someone posted this in the main GF Resort thread today - it's the most thorough update I've seen in awhile:

Some screen shots of VGF:

1696010603676.png
1696010735532.png
1696010799768.png
1696010904496.png
It looks like they are painting all sides of the building at the same time. If anyone is staying there now in the original VGF building, please let us know if this has had any impact on your stay. I was hoping maybe I could ask to be away from it next month, but if they are painting every section all at once, I guess that's not going to work!

Walls Down Around Gasparilla Island Grill, Construction Tunnel Removed From Entrance at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Earlier this month, we reported that scaffolding had partially come down on the balconies above the quick-service restaurant.

Construction Walls Down at Gasparilla Island Grill

With work seemingly wrapped up in this area, the walls have also come down.

Construction Walls Down at Gasparilla Island Grill

Taking a look at the Grand Floridian from across the Seven Seas Lagoon, we can see that crews are actively at work on the roof of the resort.

Grand Floridian Construction 9-29-23

Scaffolding covers the entire left side of the building, as well as the lower middle and far right sections.

We spotted an entire team at work on the roof, likely continuing with the process of replacing the red tiles.

Scaffolding has gone up around the center turret on this building, as well.

On this building, we saw crew members in two lifts hard at work.

We previously saw these lifts working on guests rooms on the other side of this building. Now it appears so though they’re working on the siding.

We will be at VGF a few weeks before you in standard view also. I think there's a pretty good chance of construction views no matter what now, unfortunately. We normally request to face the resort grounds/beach pool/fountain - I think with the exterior construction on the main GF building seemingly working it's way to the left (and then I'm assuming moving around to the front of the building?), there's a decent chance the scaffolding will be on the side of the building most prominent in that view in the next few months. If you request the standard views in the front of VGF overlooking the porte cochere and the parking lot, then you probably have a Poly tower construction view and still possibly scaffolding on the GF main building (just depends where it it has extended to at that point in time.) At this point I'd rather just request to be on the opposite side of wherever the VGF exterior painting is occurring at the time, which we may not be able to confirm until we get there (and I know possibly too late for a room change at that point.) From the photos, looks like they are painting the lake side of the villas building first so I'm just trying to resign myself to the fact that there's a likelihood we have to deal with that. I think having to view scaffolding on the main GF building will not feel as intrusive as painting occurring right outside your own balcony though, since there's still a decent amount of distance between the VGF and main GF building.
I did not see this post until today! Thank you for your help! Do you think I should call MS back to change my "away from construction" to "away from painting"?

I did not see this post until today! Thank you for your help! Do you think I should call MS back to change my "away from construction" to "away from painting"?
Considering they are currently painting on 3 sides of the building simultaneously, I'm not sure you'll be able to avoid it, unless it's possible that they'll be finished with a section by your trip? I would just follow this thread for updates and maybe you can adjust your request once your trip gets closer based on the progress of the painting. Maybe they will finish up sooner than January... 🤞

Keeping my fingers crossed that the walkway to Poly & MK will be open by March, however I know that is very unlikely to happen. It's one of my most fave features of staying there.

Thank you for the video's. I am excited to see the progress but am worried this break in the lobby reno's for the holidays will cause there still to be construction when we go next June. It is our home resort and this past June all the scaffolding was a lot to navigate. I know it is necessary but I don't remember every staying at a resort impacted so much for so long. Maybe it is just me.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the walkway to Poly & MK will be open by March, however I know that is very unlikely to happen. It's one of my most fave features of staying there.
Isn't the MK walking path currently open from GF?

Just the Poly walking path to GF closed again recently?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter