*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

Hi everyone. Gf is my home resort and will be staying there this August and just got an email saying that there will be construction during our visit. Any ideas what they might still be working on by then? Was thinking maybe the main lobby?

We are going in June and got the same email. I just hope this doesn't include access to the monorail. Here's hoping it is not as bad as it was last year in June with the outside construction and the inside painting.

Hi everyone. Gf is my home resort and will be staying there this August and just got an email saying that there will be construction during our visit. Any ideas what they might still be working on by then? Was thinking maybe the main lobby?
I got that too for our trip in early September.

From what I have seen from other resorts, they post if a pool or mode of transportation won't be available. For Grand Floridian, I have to imagine they would give enough notice about the monorail.

I think this will just be for the main floor of the lobby (furniture, carpeting, light fixtures, wall paper / paint. Nothing would indicate that the monorail would be affected.

I hope you are right and the monorail is not impacted. I can live with the lobby floor torn up and redone in stages but the exterior should all be done based on last summer.

Construction work has begun on one of the buildings next to the Beach Pool at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa. There is not a specific end date for this refurbishment at this time

1706373846082.png

Info found on https://wdwnt.com/ Facebook

Hi, I am looking for a one-night waitlist for a 2 bedroom. As a recent owner I am not sure of best approach. First week of December 2024. Both standard view and lake view are gone. My first thought as 15-year owner at BoardWalk would be to waitlist the Lake View because the standard view is more popular with less points. But doing research, it appears there are 47 dedicated 2 bedrooms, 30 standard view and 17 lake view. So would a standard view actually be the better choice to waitlist? Maybe not because of the time (first week of December)? Just trying to play the odds and wondering what the highest odds might be. I also assume the dedicated is easier because the lockoff would require both a 1 bedroom and a studio to cancel. Thanks.

Hi, I am looking for a one-night waitlist for a 2 bedroom. As a recent owner I am not sure of best approach. First week of December 2024. Both standard view and lake view are gone. My first thought as 15-year owner at BoardWalk would be to waitlist the Lake View because the standard view is more popular with less points. But doing research, it appears there are 47 dedicated 2 bedrooms, 30 standard view and 17 lake view. So would a standard view actually be the better choice to waitlist? Maybe not because of the time (first week of December)? Just trying to play the odds and wondering what the highest odds might be. I also assume the dedicated is easier because the lockoff would require both a 1 bedroom and a studio to cancel. Thanks.
Can you waitlist both.

If it was me I would waitlist the Standard View for the reasons you said.

You have 4 choices; dedicated lake (17) dedicated standard (30) lock off lake (17) lock off standard (30) https://dvcnews.com/wdw-resorts/grand-floridian/vgf-resort-information . I agree w/ your thinking that the dedicated 2 br. standard view waitlist has the best shot of filling, but I’d definitely be stalking as well, because a 1 night opening could randomly open up in any category.

Definitely go on the website and check for availability. My son had a waitlist for a deluxe studio in September. When I went online this morning, the room he wanted was available but his waitlist was still showing. We went in and modified his original reservation to change to deluxe studio and canceled the waitlist.

Definitely go on the website and check for availability. My son had a waitlist for a deluxe studio in September. When I went online this morning, the room he wanted was available but his waitlist was still showing. We went in and modified his original reservation to change to deluxe studio and canceled the waitlist.
Agree! Always check yourself. This has happened to me as well. My understanding is that the waitlists only scan the available reservations multiple times a day rather than a continuous check, so this can happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter