*The Plaza Restaurant! My Review with Pictures!*

Fairy_Tale_Bride

DIS Veteran
n25002324_31392232_7633.jpg

The Plaza Restaurant was a beautiful and quaint place! It really was quite elegant inside and we loved it!

n25002324_31392236_8859.jpg

n25002324_31392237_9155.jpg

I was ready to get myself a milkshake! I did hear that they were known for their ice cream and it was so true! I got a Toll House Cookie Milkshake and it was so delicious!

n25002324_31392238_9450.jpg

The menu at The Plaza was fantastic! There were so many yummy choices and great vegetarian options too! I got the Veggie Sandwich that came with Sweet Potato Chips and I gotta say that it was the best food I had during the entire trip! This place is not to be missed and I am going back!

n25002324_31392239_9789.jpg

We topped our meal off with the Apple Charlotte and it was just wonderful! It was so fresh and tasty! I'm craving it right now!

n25002324_31392240_89.jpg

The Plaza Restaurant was closing-up and it was just us and another family left! They were closing up for MVMCP and that meant that it was time for us to go party! party:

n25002324_31392241_377.jpg

Thanks for the review and the great pics. I LOVE the Plaza. It's our traditional first restaurant since we always begin in MK. The sandwiches are very fresh, and the ice cream is incredible.

OH! That veggie sandwich a question? Is that Tomato and Mozz? looks delish! We found this 2 trips ago on a fluke- raining and ran in- It was great! We try to work it in every trip. Yummy ice cream! and it is a lovely setting. and has never been crowded when we go.

Love this restaurant. A "must" on our dining list. Also accepts DDE discount card! DH and I share club sandwich (it's very large!), and of course, milk shakes are awesome.:cool1:

Hey crazy Lady,
I had ressie's and cancelled. Can you get take out, like go in and order a shake, or a ice cream cone? If not, I will have to get back my ADR for late at nite, just for ice cream.
OhMari

OH! That veggie sandwich a question? Is that Tomato and Mozz? looks delish! We found this 2 trips ago on a fluke- raining and ran in- It was great! We try to work it in every trip. Yummy ice cream! and it is a lovely setting. and has never been crowded when we go.

Here's what's in the Veggie Sandwich...fresh mozzarella, hummus, basil pesto, cucumber, roasted red pepper, vine-ripened tomato, and lettuce on a freshly baked foccaccia bread served with sweet potato chips! I left the cucumber and tomato off, so mine is not piled as high! It was fantastic! I am also now a huge fan of The Plaza!

Hey crazy Lady,
I had ressie's and cancelled. Can you get take out, like go in and order a shake, or a ice cream cone? If not, I will have to get back my ADR for late at nite, just for ice cream.
OhMari

No, you can't get take-out or anything like that. It is a typical restaurant and it's not too large inside either. There isn't like a bar area or a little ice cream parlor area. You have to sit-down and order. You will most likely need the ADRs to get in, but you could luck out and get a short wait! MK has other places on Main Street, where you just walk-in, get in line, and order ice cream or other goodies!

Thank you for your review and photos of the Plaza. It has always been one of our favorites but we have skipped it the past couple of years to try new places. Our next trip we are going to go back to some of our old favorites including the Plaza. It's nothing fancy but good, fresh food. We have ordered different things and have enjoyed all that we have tried.

We tried The Plaza for the first time this past August and fell in love with it. It was a definite must do for our Christmas trip a couple of weeks ago and I liked it even better this time. My son's girlfriend and I had the vegetarian sandwich and it was excellent. I have been to WDW so many times and never even noticed this restaurant. I read about it on these boards and we decided to make an ADR. After we ate there in August, we were couldn't believe we had missed this little gem for all these years. It's just so cute inside. Also, we never order dessert, but we made sure to order an ice cream sundae and a banana split. We had it planned before we even left home for the trip. I said that was the one place where I was having dessert and it was good!!!

Thanks for the reviews and the yummy pictures!!! After looking at the menu I chose this as a "possibility", printing the menu now so hopefully DH and DS will give it a thumbs up!

We have never been but I added and ADR for my veggie DD and I was a little worried but it looks really good. Thanks for the review:thumbsup2

Thanks for the review and pics. A Toll House milkshake?! I'm totally there! :love:

Great review and thanks for the pics! I think I will try this next time. I like the idea of a quite place to eat off of main street. We went by it last time and it was closed! :sad1: Plus that milkshake looks sooo yummy!!

I had never noticed The Plaze before either and I've been going to WDW, since I was born in 1983! I was so glad to find out about it on the boards and then decide to give it a try because we wanted a quiet dinner. It seriously was the best Vegetarin Sandwich I've ever had and the best option for a vegetarian I have had at WDW! The milkshake was the best too! A lot better than any of the other shakes I have tried at WDW. It's so pretty and upscale-looking inside too! I'm so glad so many of you liked my review and are now going to give it a try! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter