The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

To be honest, I was just playing around with this thread since I read every page of the VGF thread. 🙂. Although, the poll question will most likely be of real interest.

I am 50/50 on the condo question but I am going to go with yes just because that is what I prefer :)

Regarding pricing I think it will be around $220 by mid 2024.

I see Disney making it part of the original offering, completing the resort as a full offering with studios, 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms. People will buy without blinking an eye that it has less than 50 years. Could you imagine the disappointment if they flipped the GFV2 and said it was going to be a new studio only resort?

I see Disney making it part of the original offering, completing the resort as a full offering with studios, 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms. People will buy without blinking an eye that it has less than 50 years. Could you imagine the disappointment if they flipped the GFV2 and said it was going to be a new studio only resort?
This is why I think it will be part of the original offering as well.

But I would say it was much clearer in the announcement about GFV it was part of the association. I would love it to be not (and I am not even an owner) but one of the benefits if “future resorts” which is only two if you don’t add Poly2 and really none of you aren’t headed to California.

based on the announcement, I think it will be a different association. They reference 2 separate things. They didin

"Today, Disney Vacation Club announced proposed plans to develop new Disney Vacation Club villas at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort."
" the proposed vacation ownership property would complement the existing resort "
"Since 2015, Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows has been a favorite resort destination, offering an island paradise in the middle of the magic."

based on the announcement, I think it will be a different association. They reference 2 separate things. They didin

"Today, Disney Vacation Club announced proposed plans to develop new Disney Vacation Club villas at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort."
" the proposed vacation ownership property would complement the existing resort "
"Since 2015, Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows has been a favorite resort destination, offering an island paradise in the middle of the magic."

Its that line about the proposed property will complement the existing resort that does make you wonder whether it will be a new association.

It certainly is enough that it can go either way! It’s vague on purpose

I'm so bad. I just bid on a 300 point Poly resale contract. It was accepted. So much for my plan to buy VGF2. I like both resorts, but I prefer the point charts at Poly. With the new additions, I am confident it will have space as my family needs more room. For now, studios are fine. I guess I'll have to rent points, which I did not want to do. We do not need any until 2024.

Its that line about the proposed property will complement the existing resort that does make you wonder whether is will be a new association.

It certainly is enough that it can either way!
Compare the vague Poly wording with the definitive wording that Disney used to announce VGF2:

Projected to open in summer 2022, these new Villas are an expansion of The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and will be a part of its current condominium association. Information regarding the start of sales and rental bookings will be released at a later date.​

Compare the vague Poly wording with the definitive wording that Disney used to announce VGF2:

Projected to open in summer 2022, these new Villas are an expansion of The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and will be a part of its current condominium association. Information regarding the start of sales and rental bookings will be released at a later date.​

Exactly! Quite a difference. Whether they plan to keep it the same or not, they purposefully decided not to commit to one or the other.

Exactly! Quite a difference. Whether they plan to keep it the same or not, they purposefully decided not to commit to one or the other.
Just consider this wording in today's Polynesian announcement compared to the VGF2 wording:

the proposed vacation ownership property would complement the existing resort and evoke the spirit of the Pacific Islands.​

If it was out-and-out part of PVB, they probably would have said so. Instead, they say it will "complement" the existing Polynesian Village Resort.

The last paragraph in Disney's announcement is what clouds this:

Since 2015, Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows has been a favorite resort destination, offering an island paradise in the middle of the magic. Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows currently has 380 Disney Vacation Club villas, including the largest Deluxe Studios at any Disney Vacation Club resort at Walt Disney World and unique two-bedroom Bora Bora Bungalows, located over the waters of the Seven Seas Lagoon – the first of their kind at Disney.​

It's a non sequitur unless Disney intends to include the "new Disney Vacation Club villas at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort" in PVB.

Remember, PVB is not mentioned at all until the final paragraph.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter