The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wager new association for the following reasons
1- poly2 is brand new construction, gfv2 was a hotel room conversion
2- poly2 looks like a new resort, new pool, likely new food options etc meaning new costs to bear

this leaves Disney with two options. Increase fees for all owners or create a new association and costs apply to that association only

increasing fees for existing owners probably unpalatable so let’s go with new association

although this is technically called poly, dvc is really building a brand new resort. It’s not as grand as reflections, dvc didn’t want to go that big but they wanted a mk resort. So they picked an existing resort to tack on a new complex.

this will have all the trappings of a new resort though mark my words like I said, pool, food etc

I don’t see what incentive Disney would have to make yet again another resort versus tacking it onto the existing association. They will still sell the resort at a premium rate and will have all of those costs covered by the million points from the new villas. Plus they will get the building back paid in full earlier than expected since they won’t have to do a 50 year lease. Their profit remains the same whether it’s a new or added to existing association, except by opening it as a new resort they risk alienating an entire group of owners.

I understand the arguments for why CCV was a separate association - who would buy premium prices for a resort set to expire in 2042. PVB2 has ample time left on the lease to make it an attractive offering.

I don’t see what incentive Disney would have to make yet again another resort versus tacking it onto the existing association. They will still sell the resort at a premium rate and will have all of those costs covered by the million points from the new villas. Plus they will get the building back paid in full earlier than expected since they won’t have to do a 50 year lease. Their profit remains the same whether it’s a new or added to existing association, except by opening it as a new resort they risk alienating an entire group of owners.

I understand the arguments for why CCV was a separate association - who would buy premium prices for a resort set to expire in 2042. PVB2 has ample time left on the lease to make it an attractive offering.

The incentive would be to allow for the resale restrictions and allow the plan they had prior to the pandemic to continue.

I don’t think they’d have trouble selling it even with a shorter lease than 50 years as new with the 2066 expiration.

Plus, they didn’t announce what room types would be there so no we don’t know if more studios will be part of it.

Way too many unknowns to know the plan. With it being so far out, I wonder if it will be months before we know more.

The incentive would be to allow for the resale restrictions and allow the plan they had prior to the pandemic to continue.

I don’t think they’d have trouble selling it even with a shorter lease than 50 years as new with the 2066 expiration.

Plus, they didn’t announce what room types would be there so no we don’t know if more studios will be part of it.

Way too many unknowns to know the plan. With it being so far out, I wonder if it will be months before we know more.
I suppose so, but why not do that at GFV2. I know it’s not a new build, but I would assume at their flagship resort they’d have no issue selling those points with the resale restriction in place?

I guess time will tell!

I suppose so, but why not do that at GFV2. I know it’s not a new build, but I would assume at their flagship resort they’d have no issue selling those points with the resale restriction in place?

I guess time will tell!

I think it was easier to make BPK part of that resort and do the quick flip than what it would have taken to make the entire new association.

VGF was a small resort too so not a major disruption to add more rooms.

Poly is large and this would make it huge. Plus, someone mentioned the new build could make the resorts MFs skyrocket.

Again, I don’t know which way they will go but I’d do believe that they did not announce it as part of PVB on purpose.

Talk about FOMO. As long as it’s not announced, you may get people to buy current resorts direct just to ensure they won’t get left out if restrictions happen.

I think another sign will be if they come out with a big Poly incentive. If they do, I’d say that could indicate new association because they won’t care about selling points to the current one.

I think all new construction going forward will have resale restrictions, a la Riviera, DLT, now Poly2, and that no way will they deviate from that plan. VGF2 was an exception because it was a quick hotel flip. This is a totally cool new resort that everyone will buy in spite of whatever resale restrictions come with it.

So many resale buyers have dismissed the value of buying direct because they can live without Riviera, and didn’t anticipate any exciting new construction happening in the foreseeable future. It looks like things have changed.

I think all new construction going forward will have resale restrictions, a la Riviera, DLT, now Poly2, and that no way will they deviate from that plan. VGF2 was an exception because it was a quick hotel flip. This is a totally cool new resort that everyone will buy in spite of whatever resale restrictions come with it.

So many resale buyers have dismissed the value of buying direct because they can live without Riviera, and didn’t anticipate any exciting new construction happening in the foreseeable future. It looks like things have changed.

I am starting to lean this way the more I read the announcement and pick apart the words! It is also a tower which are my favorite type of building which is one of the reasons I am not a huge fan of the current DVC Poly set up…

This may be the purchase that gets me to 1000 points. I will have just replenished the savings account from what I spent on VGF to add on 100 points here! Lol

And I own RIV and resale restrictions don’t bother me so I agree,,,it will sell with them.

For those voting it will be a different association, do you suggest I not purchase 300 points via resale right now? Now, I am worried.

For those voting it will be a different association, do you suggest I not purchase 300 points via resale right now? Now, I am worried.

Given that we don’t know, I don’t think anyone should assume it’s a given this resort won’t be restricted from resale buyers, until DVC announces that it’s the same association.

But, only you can decide how disappointed you will be if you find out next year that you find out you will be locked into the current villas. That is the worst case scenario.

However, you will still get the current villas and the ability to use all the amenities of the resort regardless.

I won't mind staying at the original villas as long as I can stay at the other non-new properties, too. I don't want to get locked into only staying at Polynesian. If they do that, they would do that from a certain date going forward or only on resale from the new building contracts (assuming they're different), right?

I think it will probably be a new association, mostly because it will sell better if Poly1 can’t book at 11 mo. How many millions of points are in poly1? Am I really going to buy direct when a poly1 resale can get me that same 1bedroom in a brand new building? Maybe that’s why Poly got the refurbishment, so existing owners won’t be as upset with the new build? I just can’t see DVD allowing resale owners access to this resort which is what happens if it’s part of the same association, isn’t it?

I think it will probably be similar to Riviera in room types and layout, which also makes it more likely to be new association.

They definitely worded their release so it could go either way, so there’s bound to be a long debate for the next few months.

One thing is for sure, I wouldn’t even think about buying a Poly resale contract right now, and I’m sure glad I’m not trying to sell one, either now or in the next few years. If Poly2 is indeed a new association, it’s going to leave the original Poly owners holding the short end of the stick, and potentially diminish the value of their points.

One thing is for sure, I wouldn’t even think about buying a Poly resale contract right now, and I’m sure glad I’m not trying to sell one either, either now or in the next few years. If Poly2 is indeed a new association, it’s going to leave the original Poly owners holding the short end of the stick, and potentially diminish the value of their points.
Great, I just put in an offer today. Should I rescind?

It's such a good deal, too. I was even thinking I bet it passes ROFR since they will be selling Poly again soon. I'll sleep on it. Thanks.

I won't mind staying at the original villas as long as I can stay at the other non-new properties, too. I don't want to get locked into only staying at Polynesian. If they do that, they would do that from a certain date going forward or only on resale from the new building contracts (assuming they're different), right?

Any resale purchase now for the current Poly will follow the current rules which is everything but RIV and future resorts.

So, what you would be gambling on is this new DVC at the Poly and the DLT at this point.

Best case, it’s the same association and you will be able to stay there with the Poly resale points you have purchased. Worst case, it’s brought on as a new resort located at the Poly and you won’t have access to stay there.

Regardless, you won’t be limited to only Poly.

So, here are some more thoughts I had after looking back at the announcement for VGF new rooms and this.

That press release specifically said adding to the Villas at GF. This says new DVC villas coming to Poly Village Resort, which is the WDW hotel, not Poly Villas and Bungalows.

Definitely different message. What it means? We obviously don’t know.

I could see this being new with a name like Luau Cove Tower.

The close expiration seems to be the stickler but then again, could they decide to amend the POS…assume it would need a vote of owners. to add resale restrictions in exchange for being the same association of this new tower?

Would they go to that trouble? And, how many current Poly owners would be tempted by that?

So many ways this could go! Long term this makes lots of sense to keep it new because it gets them back to the plan with RIV pre pandemic.

I guess there will be no shortage of topics the next two years!

So, here are some more thoughts I had after looking back at the announcement for VGF new rooms and this.

That press release specifically said adding to the Villas at GF. This says new DVC villas coming to Poly Village Resort, which is the WDW hotel, not Poly Villas and Bungalows.

Definitely different message. What it means? We obviously don’t know.

I could see this being new with a name like Luau Cove Tower.

The close expiration seems to be the stickler but then again, could they decide to amend the POS…assume it would need a vote of owners. to add resale restrictions in exchange for being the same association of this new tower?

Would they go to that trouble? And, how many current Poly owners would be tempted by that?

So many ways this could go! Long term this makes lots of sense to keep it new because it gets them back to the plan with RIV pre pandemic.

I guess there will be no shortage of topics the next two years!
I’ll add to your thinking

Name - spirit of aloha at Polynesian resorts

association - new

restrictions - yes, identical to riv

I think another sign will be if they come out with a big Poly incentive. If they do, I’d say that could indicate new association because they won’t care about selling points to the current one.

I totally agree. This will be the tell. And, how confusing to be selling both a restricted and non-restricted wing of the same property...

Disney has to decide whether resale restrictions and a sluggishly selling property are worth more to it than a 8 year less contract length. I guess 9 years since it opens "late" 2024. I think Disney would rather take the shorter contract. So, I say existing association.

I also think they would have called it something new if they were splitting it off, like they did with CCV. Throwing some name on it would have been easy to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter