The reasons you've needed medical attention at Disney

tinkerbellblondie19

Blonde? Just a little. Or a lot.
Can be dark, can be funny, can be the I-can't-believe-I-forgot-about-that-and-look-where-it-landed-me moments.

Like running through one of the bushes in the labyrinth at the back of the UK and getting a piece of wood stuck in my knee :banana:

Ate a bagel with cream cheese, smoked salmon, capers, and onions from Starring Rolls, then rode RnRC twice in a row...I was offered a choice of pepto bismol, mylanta, and tums at the first aid station...took all 3.

My 12 year old running a screaming high fever:sad2:

We used the First Aid station at the MK to store my son's insulin and infusion sets. When it was time to change the set it was nice to have a private room in a clean place. We didn't have to miss a beat in our park touring. :thumbsup2

dd had a major panic attack and had to lie down at the first aid station at MK. It served her well, we are both very grateful. S

We were staying at the Disneyland Hotel and I had a very bad sinus infection. I knew I wouldn't be able to stand the flight home if I didn't get some antibiotics and decongestant soon. :headache:
Disney has a policy that they will transport you to a doctor or hospital if your needs are beyond what they can help you with at the park, hotel, or resort. DH was attending a convention there, so I had to wait for him to get back around 9pm to stay with our DD. :cutie:
At the time, they had these white jeeps with Mickey ears on them used by their security, and I was told to look for one looking for me out front. I thought that would be cool!:earsboy:
Turns out they were all too busy so they hired and paid for an actual ambulance to transport me! No lights and sirens... oh, well.
But, the EMTs waited for me and drove me back.

Disney treats you right!:goodvibes

My mother having her foot run over by an ECV outside of the Hall of Presidents and needing to ice it to keep the swelling down. She also lost her balance but somehow or another I managed to grab her arm and keep her standing or she would have been knocked down also - which luckily moved me out of harms way or I would have been on my butt to boot. Poor Mom ended up with a giant bruise on her shin and a sore foot. Thankfully it was the last day of our trip. (Just for the record - bad things happen when adults allow children to try to back up and manuever an ECV in a crowed space - or any space for that matter!) The cast members were very fast to react and helpful - but we never did get an apology from the EVC family. :confused3 They just scootered away I guess.

On our honeymoon Disney cruise, DH asked if I wanted him to reapply sunscreen on my back during our last day on Castaway Cay. I didn't realize the sun in the Bahamas was hotter than in MD and passed on the extra lotion and REALLY paid for it later!!! :headache: When I pass up a picture with Mickey before getting back on the ship, you know I don't feel well!!! I missed our last night at dinner because there was no way I could have put a shirt on my back... The medical attention on board offered up good old Tylenol - I ended up paying double the price for Solorcaine at our Disney hotel when we got off the ship the next day. I learned my lesson after that:upsidedow

A few years ago DS had some "plumbing" problems and spent most of our first few days visiting every restroom in the world...so we took him to the closest urgent care clinic. They gave him some antibiotics and told him to drink more fluids (why won't he ever listen to his mother!) and promptly charged us double the co-pay. Even after they received payment from our insurance and an EOB indicating the correct co-pay, they refused to refund the difference. I was not happy but decided it just wasn't worth the fight over $20!

Our last trip down, DS4 was acting like he didn't feel good...but wanted to do the triceratops spin. So I thought he must feel ok.

We head off towards ts and pass the Pooh and friends place and he wanted to go down there.

So off we head down in line and he looks at me and just throws up all over me, him, the stroller and street. :scared1:

They were very friendly and offered to go get me a shirt to wear, and even for him to go up and see Pooh before we went home. :confused3 but DS is shy and was hating all the attention so we just left.

They were very nice....the funny part was they asked DS4 if was ok and he says "can I go on the triceratops spin now?!"

My mother having her food run over by an ECV outside of the Hall of Presidents

Sorry, I know "food" must be a typo for "foot", but I initially had a very funny visual to go with it...and wondering why her food had been on the ground in the first place!

Karla B.

I had some contractions from all the walking and it made me wonder what if, i'm sure plenty of pregnant women ended up in the first aid!

Our last trip down, DS4 was acting like he didn't feel good...but wanted to do the triceratops spin. So I thought he must feel ok.

We head off towards ts and pass the Pooh and friends place and he wanted to go down there.

So off we head down in line and he looks at me and just throws up all over me, him, the stroller and street. :scared1:

They were very friendly and offered to go get me a shirt to wear, and even for him to go up and see Pooh before we went home. :confused3 but DS is shy and was hating all the attention so we just left.

They were very nice....the funny part was they asked DS4 if was ok and he says "can I go on the triceratops spin now?!"

Why is it our kids think that we want their vomit all over us? I have never figured out why they can't turn their heads away! I have one of those that looks at you and pukes with no warning! I have been thrown up on ALOT, but thank goodness never at Disney!

I've gone in twice.

Once during Grad Nite when I was chaperoning. My headache was T H I S big and I got some Tylenol. My neck just starts tightening everytime I hear that song, Errybody in the Club Getting Tipsy as they played it in heavy rotation that night.

The other time was when after getting off of California Screamin' my daughter's ear started bleeding. They took a look at it and got us the information to the closest Kaiser. Turns out she had some abrasion from her hearing aid but it really freaked me out.

Sorry, I know "food" must be a typo for "foot", but I initially had a very funny visual to go with it...and wondering why her food had been on the ground in the first place!

Karla B.

LOL - opps - yes it is supposed to be foot. I will edit it - but don't you know that I proofed my post several times before I clicked and I still missed that. And in my book, having your very expensive Disney food run over by an ECV might just be cause for a medical emergency!!!

Uncleromulus had a kidney stone attack the very first night of our trip last May!! Hurt just as much as they say it does!!! Took two trips to the ER at Celebration Hospital--some Percocet/Motrin combination medication and I managed to stay at WDW and finish the trip.
Now doing what I SHOULD have been doing long before-drinking LOTS of water.

I has 13 weeks pregnant with my DD and standing in a line at Animal Kingdom I passed out. Came round to a CM pouring water on me. He was very good and got to a seat and lots of water. It happened again in the holding area of Honey i shrunk the Audience but I am sure it was more panic that time:confused3 CM was very good again - water etc!!!! I still cant go back into HISTA :confused3

a couple of EMTs showed up and I ended up getting transported to Arnold Palmer because of preterm labor.:rolleyes:

This made me wonder if anyone has actually given birth to a child in one of the parks? Wouldn't that be something to have on your birth certificate! LOL!

I'm hoping you were o.k. I had pre-term labor also and 5 weeks of bedrest - ugh!!

This made me wonder if anyone has actually given birth to a child in one of the parks? Wouldn't that be something to have on your birth certificate! LOL!

After that we also wondered if anyone had ever given birth in the parks. I know years back someone delivered a baby and left it in the bushes at the MK. I think that was baby Jasmine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter