The reasons you've needed medical attention at Disney

I visited the first aid station at the MK once when I had a terrible headache. A couple of ibuprofen did the trick. DH had to go at Epcot one time to get bandages for a blister that developed on his ankle during the day.

My son got an eye infection when he was 2. Something not mentioned in the podcast, but I think the absolutely BEST choice, is having a house call visit from a local doctor. I got the information from the first aid nurse at the Magic Kingdom.

Yes, it was expensive, but he came right to our resort room right on time, same day, and then had a pharmacy deliver medicine we needed to the front desk.

The whole thing took about 1 1/2 hours out of our day, instead of ruining the whole day.

I've heard awful things about the walkin clinic mentioned on the podcast, in terms of waiting times, for years. I'd never go there.

Why is it our kids think that we want their vomit all over us? I have never figured out why they can't turn their heads away! I have one of those that looks at you and pukes with no warning! I have been thrown up on ALOT, but thank goodness never at Disney!

We call Miles the Vomit Comet. He's 9 and still threw up in his bed instead of making it to the bathroom this past Thanksgiving week. Then of course he comes and gets me up to clean it all up and change his sheets.

I wasn't going to admit this publicly, but he's thrown up on a Disney bus *and* in the pool on the Disney Magic, in the past.

No warning, no signs of not feeling well ahead of time, I swear I'm not a bad parent ignoring his symptoms. He just barfs.

I has 13 weeks pregnant with my DD and standing in a line at Animal Kingdom I passed out. Came round to a CM pouring water on me. He was very good and got to a seat and lots of water. It happened again in the holding area of Honey i shrunk the Audience but I am sure it was more panic that time:confused3 CM was very good again - water etc!!!! I still cant go back into HISTA :confused3
At Animal Kingdom? Honey I shrunk the audience is at epcot?

epcot

i was watching reflection of earth and stood in the wrong place and got smoldering cardboard in my eye from the fireworks, not nice as i had to have a eye bath ever 5 min for about a hour.
the fiirst aid centre was great but the funny part is they get around 5-10 person's a night there with the same problem.
next time i am taking some safety specs with me.

les m , u.k

The walk in clinic is not so good. When I got the wood stuck in my knee, my dad and I were in there from about 8 to 2 at night. It was not very fun.

I got a splinter on the bridge at Dixie Landings my first trip...got it pulled out at the first aid station at the MK.

My partner, Gabby knew how disappointed that I was about not being able to see Wishes for my birthday because they chose to throw a MNSSHP on 11/02. So, when our itinerary was turned upsidedown unexpectedly during our last trip, she sweetly offered to go over to MK on 11/01 to see Wishes. I was thrilled, that is the only thing that we went there for that night. We staked out the perfect spot. Just after the opening sequence was done, I felt a fireworks debris fall on my face. It was a really windy night due to a hurricaine off the coast. A few moments later, Gabby grabbed my hand an pulled me away saying "I have something in my eye, we have to get to the light". We went to the icecream parlor and I pulled a ground pepper sized flake of debris from her eye. Her eye was totally red, bloodshot, and she said that she smelled sulfur in her nose. I told her to close her eyes and let me lead her to first aid.

I hope that we didn't mess up the Wishes experience for too many people, but I wasn't very shy in my quest to make my way to first aid in the dark and leading Gabby by the hand as I excused our way through the crowds. The nurse on duty flushed her eye. He also gave her some drops to flush her eye with a few more times and gave her an ice pack. Luckily, her eye did clear over the next few days and we didn't have to seek further medical attention.

We never did see Wishes all the way through during our trip. She is totally spooked about seeing fireworks without eye protection now. She says that she is going to buy everyone clear goggles for our trip later this year, so that nobody has a similar experience. Maggie

On our trip this past August, my DH cut his leg coming off of the Jungle Cruise. It took him a few minutes to realize what had happened (I think the bleeding profusely did the trick! ;) ).

Well I took him over to the first aid station and the nice nurse cleaned up the cut and gave him a stack of band aids - - and we were ready to get back into the park for the evening.

While we were in the first aid station, there was a poor girl (in her 20's) that had hit her face somehow and had lost a tooth/teeth. :scared:

The nurses were trying to locate a local dentist to see her right away! I felt really bad for her!

I came down with one of the worst headaches I have ever had. Nothing was making it stop, so out of fear went to the Celebration ER. They were fast and very helpful. I ended up having meningitis.

I had an episode of very fast heart rythem once while we were at Coranado Springs. When we couldn't stop it, the front dest sent an ambulance TO OUR ROOM. They took us to Celebration hospital, where they got me back to normal very quickly. Then, they gave me a stuffed Mickey Mouse, and called our resort, who sent a cab--no charge.

This is why I keep going back to Disney.

Back in 1999 when my son was 18 months old, we went to Typhoon Lagoon. I was at the back of the park and he was just a foot or so in front of me and we were going down a set of 3 steps. He missed and tumbled down and hit the top of his head on a rock. The blood was pouring so of course I picked him up and ran to the nearest cm. They gave me towel for his head and pointed me to the first aid station at the front of the park. Got to the first aid station and they called the emt's since it was a head injury. (standard procedure I was told). It turned out it was a very small cut and no stitches needed. We just got him cleaned up and we were on our way. From that incidence, I learned that minor head injuries can be bleeders so panic is really not necessary. :)

I've had 2 incidents that required attention. The first was me and the second my nephew. The first, I was 17 and on spring break with mom and dad and 3 girlfriends. We LOVE Disney so we got to MK before park opening that day I think around 7:30 am and were among the first in the park. After going strong from ride to ride, we met up with my parents in the hub for the Easter parade (this was easter sunday 1995). I think the parade was at 1 for some reason, but I guess it could have been 3 already. Anyway, we had never stopped to eat lunch, and it was 90+ that day and we were there from NY, so we weren't prepared for the heat and hadn't had more than a sip of water from a fountain. After about 30 min standing in the blazing sun waiting for the parade to start, right as it started by us I passed out in a huge crowd of people. :faint: I woke up to my parents, friends and a couple of cast member hovering over me :eek: Then, about 30 seconds later, my best friend did the same thing :faint: :scared1: So, as the parade continued, the two of us were rolled on stretchers through the Easter Sunday parade crowd to first aid! We were mortified!:blush:
The cm's gave us a bunch of gatorade and we hung out in the AC for a while. My parents took the other 2 friends and went to casey's and got us all lunch. We ate in first aid and then were back on our feet for the day. For the rest of the trip we had mandatory gatorade/water with us at all times and we had mandatory lunch times! ::lmao:

Ok, the second incident was this past April 07. We were at Coronado springs in the feature pool. It was me, DF, mom, dad, DSis and her husband and 2 kids - 3 and 2. About 20 minutes after we get there, my poor 2 year old nephew is in the kiddie pool with his grandpa and he trips on the mound thing in the middle of it that has sprayers in it and he falls and hits his head on the side of the pool. Lots of blood and a screaming 2 year old - poor little guy! So the cm's get towels and ice and call emt's. It took a LONG time (20 minutes or so) before the emt's got there, and they ended up not being able to do anything for him anyway, so DS and DBIL drove him to the Celebration hospital. They were out of there in 90 minutes with 5 stitches just over his eye. :scared1:
Even though the initial response was slower than we would have liked (just hard to wait with a 2 year old) the cm's were the ones that suggested Celebration hospital instead of urgent care. My sister gave it really high marks and I'd recommend it to anyone that has the need!

Years ago when Typhoon Lagoon had first opened, we went there, and I was prob. in about grade 6ish.... I was standing in the big wave pool, in between ankle and knee deep, well when the wave came it knocked me flying and I broke my tailbone...went to the DR in Lake Buena Vista. Been once for bronchitis too (another trip).

We've been with to WDW with our DD numerous times without even realizing there WERE first aid stations in the parks. Now that we have a DS (21 months), we've had to visit them twice! First time was in October at MGM. DH had DS on a bench outside of the Playhouse Disney area while DD and I were in the gift shop across the way. I hear this very loud screaming and the thought passed through my brain, "Huh, that sounds like my son." Turns out, it was! DS had climbed up on the bench to sit next to DH and promptly fell off, head first! By the time I got there, the bump on his forehead was starting to resemble a unicorn. We then were directed to First Aid by a cast member. Thinking they were going to make it a big ordeal and it would take hours out of our day, we almost didn't go. Not only did they give us an ice pack, they gave us tylenol and a dropper. I had to tell the medic how much I wanted dose wise, and then I had to adminster it, but they were willing to give us whatever we wanted for him. We then got a hand out on what to watch for with head injuries, etc. What a great experience!

The following thread includes the details of my son's unexpected journey throug emergency medical services in Orlando when he was seriously injured at Disney. It was a life changing experience for my family...thank goodness all was well in the end.

(Also, emergency services, Orlando Regional Medical Center, Arnold Palmer Children's hospital and Disney were all fantastic.)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1408713

OMG...that is a parent's worse nightmare! I'm so happy to hear your DS is doing fine after such a harrowing event. :goodvibes

I had just started a newer, stronger, blood pressure medicine just one day before my SOLO WDW trip.
I was feeling fine, but just to be sure, each day, whatever park I was in,
I stopped at the first aid station to have my blood pressure checked.

The people in the first aid station
were great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter