• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly it depends on the economy and temperature of the world/country. Does Disney want to come out and nickle and dime people for ride wait times? If that is the case, they'll implement a paid FP system where you can buy per ride.

If Disney wants to attract people back to the parks and spend money, they'll probably need to offer package deals (tickets/resort discounts) and then start promoting the new fastpass system that is very generous with some kind of payfor mechanism.

It'll be very interesting to see what Bob and Josh come up with.

Yeah, I’m not willing to pay $25 to ride one ride.
Agree... no way. This would be a total downgrade. Even when not booking FP+ til day of I’ve always been able to get what I wanted... for free. It’d be a quick way to have my husband (the Disney skeptic) axe all further Disney vacations. (We are typically 1-2 weeks a year.)

Honestly it depends on the economy and temperature of the world/country. Does Disney want to come out and nickle and dime people for ride wait times? If that is the case, they'll implement a paid FP system where you can buy per ride.

If Disney wants to attract people back to the parks and spend money, they'll probably need to offer package deals (tickets/resort discounts) and then start promoting the new fastpass system that is very generous with some kind of payfor mechanism.

It'll be very interesting to see what Bob and Josh come up with.
Agree .. i don't think Disney will need to (or be able to) use FP+ as a selling point to the parks for at least a year. At this point .. I am sure people are already questioning their November-February Disney trips that they thought (way back in May/June) things would be back to "normal".

If the virus fear is still "out there" and Disney continues to run in "restricted" mode .. for another 6 monthsI would guess that Disney's attendance is going to be in the tank and "skipping the line" won't even be needed for a long time with the amount of crowds they will have.

With the economy arguably going down hill even more (from simply the loss of jobs due to the lack of demand of a wide array of goods/services thanks to the shutdown) .. Disney will have to offer financial incentives to go and not just "perks" ..especially when they aren't even running at full attraction capacity. A "perk" isn't really an incentive if you are going to a park with no fireworks, M&Gs, closed attractions, restaurants, no park hopping, etc.

I mean .. personally that is what I am waiting on - some sort of financial incentive to go either this year OR next, because I feel the "value" for the dollar isn't there right now (despite the record low crowds).

Agree .. i don't think Disney will need to (or be able to) use FP+ as a selling point to the parks for at least a year. At this point .. I am sure people are already questioning their November-February Disney trips that they thought (way back in May/June) things would be back to "normal".

If the virus fear is still "out there" and Disney continues to run in "restricted" mode .. for another 6 monthsI would guess that Disney's attendance is going to be in the tank and "skipping the line" won't even be needed for a long time with the amount of crowds they will have.

With the economy arguably going down hill even more (from simply the loss of jobs due to the lack of demand of a wide array of goods/services thanks to the shutdown) .. Disney will have to offer financial incentives to go and not just "perks" ..especially when they aren't even running at full attraction capacity. A "perk" isn't really an incentive if you are going to a park with no fireworks, M&Gs, closed attractions, restaurants, no park hopping, etc.

I mean .. personally that is what I am waiting on - some sort of financial incentive to go either this year OR next, because I feel the "value" for the dollar isn't there right now (despite the record low crowds).
WHEN they want to start meeting/expanding capacity (which is clearly not now), they will need a discount. We took our summer vacation funds which would typically go to Disney and spent 1/2 as much going to Gatlinburg/Dollywood/Smoky Mountains instead. Simply due to no discount. Not that we couldn’t afford it, or that we were scared, or that we didn’t want to wear a mask. Not paying the same price to stay at Pop that I’ve paid to stay at AKL (ok I might be exaggerating a TINY bit... but not much).

No idea how accurate this is, but see a report that "Project Nugget" refers to more than just the firework launching site and covers all the night time events planned for the 50th

One specific thing mentioned was adding projection mapping to Main St at MK like they have in Disneyland.

That has been talked about for years. It's likely that it happens now

That is the part I wonder about if Disney were to implement something like that - if they kep tit limited they would sell out super fast and/or it would be crazy expensive .... if they don't really limit it then it defeats the purpose

I don't think this would be implemented until after 9/26/21, somehow that date must have significance.

I think that date is basically a spot where they had the least amount of reservations afterwards and far enough back from the 50th that they could go.

If it means I can stay at the Embassy Suites for $160 a night instead of $300 for a moderate, $75 to skip the lines on the 3 busiest rides seems like a bargain.
Disney won't come up with anything that makes off site that attractive.

I keep trying to figure out how they are going to make this work at different price points where it doesn't take away from their VIP business, structured not to hurt their on site resort premiums and where it can generate enough business to make it worth the effort. I always end up spending significantly less money than before. Every time I price it out for my family it makes more sense to stay off site than on site. We are spending less days at WDW because we won't need as many.

That happens every time I price it out. That is when I know Disney isn't going with that structure I just came up with. The goal is going to be to get more of my money. They aren't coming up with a plan that has me spending money Disney has saved me at Universal.

I don't think this would be implemented until after 9/26/21, somehow that date must have significance.
The 9/26/21 date is the end of the Walt Disney Company’s fiscal year. That’s the significance of that date. They’re not accepting reservations for the next fiscal year yet. It also so happens to coincide with the 50th anniversary of WDW this year.

The 9/26/21 date is the end of the Walt Disney Company’s fiscal year. That’s the significance of that date. They’re not accepting reservations for the next fiscal year yet. It also so happens to coincide with the 50th anniversary of WDW this year.

I know that.

I just meant that normally reservations would be able to be made through 12/21 by now, not 9/26/21. To me that says something is going to change with the reservations, whatever, after 9/26/21.

I know that.

I just meant that normally reservations would be able to be made through 12/21 by now, not 9/26/21. To me that says something is going to change with the reservations, whatever, after 9/26/21.
True. I’m wondering if they just have no idea what their capacity is going to look like for that period yet. Will resorts still be closed, etc. Its going to be a very interesting time.

Disney won't come up with anything that makes off site that attractive.

I keep trying to figure out how they are going to make this work at different price points where it doesn't take away from their VIP business, structured not to hurt their on site resort premiums and where it can generate enough business to make it worth the effort. I always end up spending significantly less money than before. Every time I price it out for my family it makes more sense to stay off site than on site. We are spending less days at WDW because we won't need as many.

That happens every time I price it out. That is when I know Disney isn't going with that structure I just came up with. The goal is going to be to get more of my money. They aren't coming up with a plan that has me spending money Disney has saved me at Universal.
The only thing that makes sense to me is to do it similar to how Universal does it. Depending on the level of resort you stay at the cost of the FP goes down.

No idea how accurate this is, but see a report that "Project Nugget" refers to more than just the firework launching site and covers all the night time events planned for the 50th

One specific thing mentioned was adding projection mapping to Main St at MK like they have in Disneyland.
Yeah interesting considering what was said by Martin was to not think too much of this project. Just site upgrades which apparently are much needed. Likely will have to wait and see if further permits under this label come for Main Street.

The only thing that makes sense to me is to do it similar to how Universal does it. Depending on the level of resort you stay at the cost of the FP goes down.
If Disney created a express pass like Universal's and charged $200 a day for it ($111 dollars more than UO) it would still end up with my family spending over $2000 less on our vacation at WDW because we aren't staying in the Disney bubble than we would under the current set up staying in the Disney bubble.

If Disney created a express pass like Universal's and charged $200 a day for it ($111 dollars more than UO) it would still end up with my family spending over $2000 less on our vacation at WDW because we aren't staying in the Disney bubble than we would under the current set up staying in the Disney bubble.
I’ve never gone to UO but I have priced out a stay at portofino bay vs WDW hotels we enjoy. The costs have always been so similar we have always decided WDW (just for the kids ages it makes more sense).

Wouldn’t the $2000 difference be similar for UO, but it seems to be working for them?

This is a legit question for me - not arguing your point at all I’d just like to know the difference.

I’ve never gone to UO but I have priced out a stay at portofino bay vs WDW hotels we enjoy. The costs have always been so similar we have always decided WDW (just for the kids ages it makes more sense).

Wouldn’t the $2000 difference be similar for UO, but it seems to be working for them?

This is a legit question for me - not arguing your point at all I’d just like to know the difference.

I am not spending $2000 less overall, I am spending $2000 less at WDW. My family is staying at, IMO, nicer and cheaper accommodations off site. We are doing two days at UO because we don't need those days at WDW because we now have a WDW express to speed up getting everything done. We aren't adding on Park Hopper. We are only doing four meals at WDW instead 21 or 22 meals.

I am not spending $2000 less overall, I am spending $2000 less at WDW. My family is staying at, IMO, nicer and cheaper accommodations off site. We are doing two days at UO because we don't need those days at WDW because we now have a WDW express to speed up getting everything done. We aren't adding on Park Hopper. We are only doing four meals at WDW instead 21 or 22 meals.
Like I said I think when it becomes a paid system it will be the same as Shanghai's. Imagine FP with ride times but having to pay for them. I'm sure Disney will find a way to get people to stay on site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter