The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that will be really interesting if Disney goes down this path - how much do you need to charge for it to really provide a benefit? Too 'cheap" and then everyone gets it and it defeats the purpose but too high and either people don't buy it or the optic are bad if you have to spend $400/day on top of $130 to get in the gates

Also, do they add anything for any of AP tiers? As an example, Universal's premier gets express after 4 (well 2pm now during pandemic world)

I think that will be really interesting if Disney goes down this path - how much do you need to charge for it to really provide a benefit? Too 'cheap" and then everyone gets it and it defeats the purpose but too high and either people don't buy it or the optic are bad if you have to spend $400/day on top of $130 to get in the gates
They’ll want to find a proper balance. They won’t want to eat into VIP tours by pricing too low, unless they’ll make much more off it. A lower price point that is heavily restricted usually works well for other parks, or charge per ride or for a pack of rides. Or they just charge a small fee for access to the system hoping that most jump on board, like Disneyland minus the paper. Many directions it could go.

Universal, along with most parks that have a similar system, limit it. Frequently two tiered for unlimited rides or once on each. Some parks though, like Cedar Point, still gets 2 hour plus lines for Fast Lane, even with charging triple the price of a day ticket.
As opposed to waiting in 4 hour line. The most so have waited in a Fastlane queue was 45 mins. I love the paid systems over FP+. At Cedar Point every time I have gone I've bought it. With it I manage to get on all rides and attractions while also being able to enjoy other parts of the park like shows. The best part is how limited it is.

As opposed to waiting in 4 hour line. The most so have waited in a Fastlane queue was 45 mins. I love the paid systems over FP+. At Cedar Point every time I have gone I've bought it. With it I manage to get on all rides and attractions while also being able to enjoy other parts of the park like shows. The best part is how limited it is.

That is the part I wonder about if Disney were to implement something like that - if they kep tit limited they would sell out super fast and/or it would be crazy expensive .... if they don't really limit it then it defeats the purpose

That is the part I wonder about if Disney were to implement something like that - if they kep tit limited they would sell out super fast and/or it would be crazy expensive .... if they don't really limit it then it defeats the purpose
Its probably going to be crazy expensive. I think it will end up like how Shanghai has it. They bundle attractions for a cost. Maybe make it $150 for 6 attractions per person.

The $25 a ride is what the pass costs. Instead of getting a FP for free the $25 is what you would pay.

Right, though it would be to guarantee a pass for each attractions vs the chance of trying to obtain a FP for up to 3 in advance

So for those traveling at slow times, paying to stay off-site, or just really good at using FP+system the benefit isn't there compared to others

Right, though it would be to guarantee a pass for each attractions vs the chance of trying to obtain a FP for up to 3 in advance

So for those traveling at slow times, paying to stay off-site, or just really good at using FP+system the benefit isn't there compared to others
I have always said I prefer the paid option most parks use. Its much better then the FP+ system Disney used. No planning needed, and it limits who gets to use it so you are able to do many re-rides if you want.

I'm thinking it's going to be similar to the Shanghai fast pass system they are using now. You pay for a bundle of different rides. The cost there is between $70 and $90.
How does this work if different members of your party like different types of rides.

If they go this way it will be something that is on a per ride basis with dynamic pricing being based on current wait time. You want to jump to the front of a two hour FOP line? That will be $75. The line is one hour $50.

Maybe they could put the passes for all the rides you select in a booklet. And depending on the level of ride you select if could have a letter corresponding. Maybe letter the levels A through E
Oh Thank Goodness! I was afraid the complicated mess of taking weeks or months to plan a Disney trip might be in the past. Now with the five of us, all liking different rides, hmmm, who has C for Pirates, er was it A for Astro Orbiter?
Just teasing but I do hope things don't start getting overly complicated, (again).

I have always said I prefer the paid option most parks use. Its much better then the FP+ system Disney used. No planning needed, and it limits who gets to use it so you are able to do many re-rides if you want.

I love the paid systems over FP+. The best part is how limited it is.

WDW has that already. VIP. :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter