The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kick out Aerosmith and overlay Rock 'n' Roller Coaster to become Monsters Inc Door Coaster. Port over Mike and Sulley to the Rescue from DCA and put it where Star Wars Launch Bay is. Connect the 2 with some shops and a restaurant in the current backstage area between them. Boom. Monster's Inc Land. 2 rides with one being an overlay of an existing ride and one being already Imagineered. Both would really keep costs low.

Echo Lake gets a retool of Indiana Jones Stunt Show and a retheme of Star Tours to an Indiana Jones ride. Boom. Indiana Jones Land with minimal capital outlay.

Shutter Fantasmic and Beauty and the Beast. Plenty of land to bring in Cars Land from DCA. Boom. Again, already Imagineered rides. They'll leave out Mater's Junkyard Jamboree since there is already a clone of it at the Studios. Besides, you can't build a land with more than 2 rides. It just can't be done.

Grand finale boom....transformation to Lucas-Pixar Studios is complete.

Defying all odds... i would love to see this

Kick out Aerosmith and overlay Rock 'n' Roller Coaster to become Monsters Inc Door Coaster. Port over Mike and Sulley to the Rescue from DCA and put it where Star Wars Launch Bay is. Connect the 2 with some shops and a restaurant in the current backstage area between them. Boom. Monster's Inc Land. 2 rides with one being an overlay of an existing ride and one being already Imagineered. Both would really keep costs low.

Echo Lake gets a retool of Indiana Jones Stunt Show and a retheme of Star Tours to an Indiana Jones ride. Boom. Indiana Jones Land with minimal capital outlay.

Shutter Fantasmic and Beauty and the Beast. Plenty of land to bring in Cars Land from DCA. Boom. Again, already Imagineered rides. They'll leave out Mater's Junkyard Jamboree since there is already a clone of it at the Studios. Besides, you can't build a land with more than 2 rides. It just can't be done.

Grand finale boom....transformation to Lucas-Pixar Studios is complete.

The idea of retheming the most intense coaster on property, that even some adults are too scare to go on , to a kids IP makes no sense to me. Plus how can they afford taking RNRC offline anytime in the next five or so years?

Please no retheming to RNRC! Or TOT. Deep down I feel that someday something will change with those 2, but hopefully not anytime soon. They've got to have all the new stuff up and running before they can afford to close anything else in that park.

Please no retheming to RNRC! Or TOT. Deep down I feel that someday something will change with those 2, but hopefully not anytime soon. They've got to have all the new stuff up and running before they can afford to close anything else in that park.
I dont see them retheming TOT any time soon if ever. RNRC on the other hand... but I really wouldn't mind I would rather it have a Disney tie

I dont see them retheming TOT any time soon if ever. RNRC on the other hand... but I really wouldn't mind I would rather it have a Disney tie
TOT won't happen because of how their contract works. If they retheme WDW's TOT then they have to retheme all of them. RNRC will be, but I don't see them doing it anytime within the next 4 years.

Is there expected to be a major phase 2 expansion after SW:GE and TSL or just smaller projects?

Is there expected to be a major phase 2 expansion after SW:GE and TSL or just smaller projects?

To those lands or to DSH in general? I don't think anything major to those lands but you see a lot of rumors of other big projects to DHS (Monstropolis, etc)

No. You will likely see things like Star Tours and Launch Bay change but that's about it.

While this isn't rumored, per se, I'm speculating that once SW breaks insane HP levels of theme park attendance increases, that WDW will be forced to keep ST, and expand GE. The demand is just so high for the land attracting the unwashed, and multi-generational SW fans, that 2 rides isn't going to support the crowds. In fact, I wonder if they'll have to close DHS due to capacity and not just the land...I think its going to be next level nuts.

Also, any word on how TSL is going to look, and restaurants? I'm sure that's been asked and answered, but honestly, until pretty recently, I've given exactly 0 poops about a movie I've never seen that's aimed at children, but I'm still glad its coming to the park of course. More is more even if doesn't blow my skirt up. I'm getting optimistic now that land may be more inclusive than I originally thought.

ETA: what is the capacity of DHS? I know its just a bit bigger than MK, but much smaller than AK and Epcot...

While this isn't rumored, per se, I'm speculating that once SW breaks insane HP levels of theme park attendance increases, that WDW will be forced to keep ST, and expand GE. The demand is just so high for the land attracting the unwashed, and multi-generational SW fans, that 2 rides isn't going to support the crowds. In fact, I wonder if they'll have to close DHS due to capacity and not just the land...I think its going to be next level nuts.

Also, any word on how TSL is going to look, and restaurants? I'm sure that's been asked and answered, but honestly, until pretty recently, I've given exactly 0 poops about a movie I've never seen that's aimed at children, but I'm still glad its coming to the park of course. More is more even if doesn't blow my skirt up. I'm getting optimistic now that land may be more inclusive than I originally thought.

ETA: what is the capacity of DHS? I know its just a bit bigger than MK, but much smaller than AK and Epcot...
Star Wars wouldn't expand to Star Tours. There are built in expansion pads already they would use first.

You have never seen Toy Story? It is definitely not only for children.

Star Wars wouldn't expand to Star Tours. There are built in expansion pads already they would use first.

You have never seen Toy Story? It is definitely not only for children.

I get the lay out... I was suggesting that they'd keep ST for capacity. I didn't know they already had built in expansion pads. That's awesome! Thanks.

Yeah - no interest in it. I don't care for children's movies, or "feel good" movies really unless its a true comedy. Just not me. My ex used to get to me to go see them with him in the theater, let me tell you about my epic naps in the Lego Movie, Inside/Out, etc. I have a cold, cold, dark heart, I can't believe WDW still takes my money...oh, wait, yes I can:)

I get the lay out... I was suggesting that they'd keep ST for capacity. I didn't know they already had built in expansion pads. That's awesome! Thanks.

Yeah - no interest in it. I don't care for children's movies, or "feel good" movies really unless its a true comedy. Just not me. My ex used to get to me to go see them with him in the theater, let me tell you about my epic naps in the Lego Movie, Inside/Out, etc. I have a cold, cold, dark heart, I can't believe WDW still takes my money...oh, wait, yes I can:)
I know this is off topic but aren't most Disney movies "aimed" at children? Toy Story 1 and 3 are arguably two of the best animated movies of all time. 2 was good but not as good as the other two in my opinion.

I know this is off topic but aren't most Disney movies "aimed" at children? Toy Story 1 and 3 are arguably two of the best animated movies of all time. 2 was good but not as good as the other two in my opinion.

I understand they are masterpieces in the genre and don't doubt it. I just have no interest and wouldn't seek it out. I did, for nostalgia watch the live action BT&B. I am going into TSL with the same mindset of Carsland. I expected it to be nice - and it was! I really enjoyed RCRs, and thought the whole land was fantastically well done without knowing the source material. I've been impressed with what I've seen from TSL thus far, when at first it wasn't a blip on my radar.

Being open minded to parts of WDW (or anything in life!) that might not appeal at first is important. Look how pretty Pandora turned out! Lots of people were very "meh" about it, but its been universally enjoyed. I wasn't like "wow, that's a great movie" but I knew the world was beautiful, so I figured it'd be cool. It was for people like me who were like "has possibilities," to the "never saw the movie, no interest," to the "I love you Avatar" camp. It was neat to see it work out.

Just because I don't care about the movies, doesn't mean, I won't enjoy the land. I've never seen SOTS, and wouldn't, but the ride is adorable! I think that's great about WDW. The parks are detailed and interesting enough, I don't have to know TS to enjoy TSMM. No one has to know Twilight Zone to enjoy TOT, etc., etc. Especially on the rumors forum, I think being encouraging an open mind is good. Walt would approve!

More is more even if doesn't blow my skirt up.

PLEASE, PLEASE, post an advisory at the beginning of your post that it will contain such an euphemism. I still have coffee bubbling from my nasal cavities and have yet to clean the coffee off my keyboard and screen. Hope I can stop laughing long enough to clean it up before the keyboard shorts out.

I understand they are masterpieces in the genre and don't doubt it. I just have no interest and wouldn't seek it out. I did, for nostalgia watch the live action BT&B. I am going into TSL with the same mindset of Carsland. I expected it to be nice - and it was! I really enjoyed RCRs, and thought the whole land was fantastically well done without knowing the source material. I've been impressed with what I've seen from TSL thus far, when at first it wasn't a blip on my radar.

Being open minded to parts of WDW (or anything in life!) that might not appeal at first is important. Look how pretty Pandora turned out! Lots of people were very "meh" about it, but its been universally enjoyed. I wasn't like "wow, that's a great movie" but I knew the world was beautiful, so I figured it'd be cool. It was for people like me who were like "has possibilities," to the "never saw the movie, no interest," to the "I love you Avatar" camp. It was neat to see it work out.

Just because I don't care about the movies, doesn't mean, I won't enjoy the land. I've never seen SOTS, and wouldn't, but the ride is adorable! I think that's great about WDW. The parks are detailed and interesting enough, I don't have to know TS to enjoy TSMM. No one has to know Twilight Zone to enjoy TOT, etc., etc. Especially on the rumors forum, I think being encouraging an open mind is good. Walt would approve!
I completely understand you don't need to like a movie to like an attraction or land. I was more or less asking how you are so interesting in Disney if you aren't a fan of children's films. Most of what Disney and Pixar does is children's aimed films. It's all good though. I was just kind of shocked that you hadn't seen toy story.

I completely understand you don't need to like a movie to like an attraction or land. I was more or less asking how you are so interesting in Disney if you aren't a fan of children's films. Most of what Disney and Pixar does is children's aimed films. It's all good though. I was just kind of shocked that you hadn't seen toy story.

I'm an iconoclast?

I love the parks...I don't think I've ever suggested I was a huge Disney fan (except to the extent my dad bought me a good bit of stock over the years). I mean I loved the stuff when I was a kid. But my romance with the parks began the first time I walked into Epcot. You might have noticed with my posting about my deep love of the place. It is unusual to have a singular Disney love of just the parks. It also explains why I don't care about characters. They're nice to see, but I don't care personally besides a cool backdrop.

ETA: it is cool to find out all the reasons that brought someone to wdw. In my social set, let's just say that my love for wdw is not often brought up and by no means encouraged. I have a couple of friends who have converted, but largely I endure a good bit of teasing because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter