The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't ever see that happening.

Radiator Springs Racers is essentially a clone of Test Track just with a different track layout.

That's basically like saying Haunted Mansion and Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin are clones of each other.
The two are completely different experiences.

That's basically like saying Haunted Mansion and Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin are clones of each other.
Yes and no.

I just don't see RSR/Carsland coming here anymore. Before the current DHS plans there was a good chance.

RSR and TT are so very different. As are Indy and Dinosaur. I don't think that anyone would be sad if either or both rides were ported to WDW. RSR is a great ride and I think it'd be awesome in an expanded TSL/Pixar side of the park. It would make logical sense. If the parks have to be a larger focus of corporate Disney, we may see a much faster development cycle than the parks ever have historically. USO isn't slowing down and continues to develop parks/rides/lands that erode WDW market share and market share matters to the important guys - on Wall Street.

I can see Echo lake and star tours area becoming Indy land eventually. Update the stunt show and put in a new ride. Would be quite a minimal outlay to get the land in place

I can see Echo lake and star tours area becoming Indy land eventually. Update the stunt show and put in a new ride. Would be quite a minimal outlay to get the land in place

Wonder how much they could combine - there is a lot of stuff in that area between the Frozen Singalong Theater and Hollywood and Vine, 50's primetime, etc. - or would you divide the area in two?

And Indy themed restaurant would be cool (as would a bar, though they already have Jock Lindsey's at Disney Springs)

Still think the best/easiest would be to re-theme Star Tours to Indy and the backlot express to an Indy quick service, and do something with the celebrity spotlight area (where you currently meet Olaf). Just measuring that quick, and that alone would be like an 8 acre mini-land - and leaving the rest of Echo park which is sorty of retro/50s themed doesn't really that disconnected to Indy
Indy land.jpg

idk I just feel like we probably aren't going to have a bunch of lands now. I know that seems to currently be the trend but I don't think thats all HS is going to become.. I think they would want to change things out more frequently than that

idk I just feel like we probably aren't going to have a bunch of lands now. I know that seems to currently be the trend but I don't think thats all HS is going to become.. I think they would want to change things out more frequently than that
then again they havent so far...

The other thing to think about is besides Star Tours being rethemed after SW:GE opens and a possible update of Fantasmic, are they going to do another massive project at DHS or shift their focus to Epcot. They may look at it as SW:GE and TSL being able to make it a full day park (which it still doesn't) and shift their attention somewhere else. I hope this isn't the case as DHS has potential to expand into the best park they have, but I could see them doing this.

They may look at it as SW:GE and TSL being able to make it a full day park (which it still doesn't) and shift their attention somewhere else.
I don't get this thinking... certainly not true in anything but a purely subjective sense...

To me, the notion that a SW fan, for instance, would NOT be able to fill at least a day in DHS once GE is open just does not compute.

Last edited:
A whole day will likely be spent just in the line to enter the land.
Well you are definitely right about that! My point is there is still not going to be enough offerings compared to Magic Kingdom or Epcot. Animal Kingdom still needs at least one expansion to make it a full day park and DHS needs at least two more attractions. The way I view it is that if there are no wait times for the attractions, you should still have enough to keep yourself busy for most of the day. DHS does not have that.

Well you are definitely right about that! My point is there is still not going to be enough offerings compared to Magic Kingdom or Epcot. Animal Kingdom still needs at least one expansion to make it a full day park and DHS needs at least two more attractions. The way I view it is that if there are no wait times for the attractions, you should still have enough to keep yourself busy for most of the day. DHS does not have that.

guess it depends what you do - but our last trip we spent a whole day at DHS and didn't even get to everything. Now, we do like Star Wars so that was some of the time, and my kids are still into Disney Jr. so we did several meet and greets with those characters - but always find a ton to do in the park, between character meets, the shows, watching the Citizen's of Hollywood. We were able to get on TSMM 3 times and Star Tours twice. Easy to spend a whole day there now - let alone after they add 2 more lands!

Per Martin at WDWMagic.com - all plans for Indy land in DHS have been scrapped. No more indy land, he has also stated he has not heard if Indy to DAK is real, but he has his ears out....so no denial but no support for Indy to DAK

Per Martin at WDWMagic.com - all plans for Indy land in DHS have been scrapped. No more indy land, he has also stated he has not heard if Indy to DAK is real, but he has his ears out....so no denial but no support for Indy to DAK

Does that imply they will be getting ride of the existing stunt show or just that they won't add anything new to DHS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter