• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Running Thread - 2019

ATTQOTD: MA native here so of course we watched it. Honestly, we weren’t impressed. Surprised the Pats won as the Rams were the better team, but the defense finally showed up and Brady was meh. Liked the Amazon commercial. And I thought Maroon 5 was fine, but I’m a Maroon 5 fan. We did enjoy watching Goddell have to give the trophy to Kraft as we know how much he loves NE.

Fun fact: at my last job our office was a wall of windows and looked over Government center in Boston and the parade route. So we could watch the parade and see the players from there. I have since left that job, but it was nice not having to line up for hours to catch a quick glimpse of The teams.

ATTQOTD: I watched the Super Bowl and it was boring. I agree that a good defensive game can be exciting, but this was not s good defensive game. It was simply a bad game. I was over a friend’s party and we mostly MST3K’ed the whole game. Romo was the best pet of the game. Half time show was terrible. Most of the commercials were meh.

ATTQOTD: We watched the first half over at a friend’s house. They have a projector and we always watch the game in their massive garage. There were a ton of kids running around playing (including one of my own) so it was tough to concentrate on the game and/or the commercials. I was the only one who caught on that it was the Mountain from Game of Thrones in the Budweiser commercial and no one around me seemed to be excited about it. Felt like one of those moments where you have your hand up for a high five and no one gives you one so you just end up high fiving yourself!

I did watch it all. The game was lackluster but I'm a Suh and Burkhead fan so glad they got some mentions (go big red).

I liked a few commercials, the Avocado dog/people show one, Walmart and the movie cars, and the Peanut one. Oh and the really plain Burger King one.

As for Half time. I wish they would have done the tribute to the Spongebob creator better. I had not idea he had passed. His picture and dates would have helped. Instead I thought it was just an odd lead off to the rapper.

Thanks! So... The finisher "bling".

I feel kinda bad complaining about it, but I was really hoping for a nice medal or belt buckle. The race logo with crossed light houses would have made for a great design. Instead, they had e a locally made piece of artisan pottery in the shape of a wide, shallow cup with the race logo stamped into the unfinished bottom. It would have been nice to at least have the race logo where it could be seen so you know you were looking at a finisher's item. Ah, well, I ran this for the experience and the accomplishment, not the bling, anyway!

Yeah, not that I have done a lot of ultra’s but of the handful I have done the “bling” has been a real mix. I had two races where I got a belt buckle and you would have thought they handed me gold I was so excited. I think it was my first 12 hour race that I got this really small dog tag type medal that literally looked like they could have gotten it from a gum ball machine. Interestingly all around me people were pretty psyched about it so I checked myself a bit and just tried to enjoy the moment. I kind of got the feeling that most of these runners were not here for the bling and I bet many of them have drawers/boxes filled with medals. I need to work on this for myself, but I have to admit Disney races definitely spoil the “bling” of other events!

ATTQOTD: I am a Saints fan, so I had feelings and skipped the game. Glad to hear that the Patriots won (and not because of hate against the Rams). I think they represent the strongest dynasty we will witness in our lifetimes, and I have to respect that. Best news: the 2018 season is over and 2019 brings new hope and promise. Who Dat!

As for Half time. I wish they would have done the tribute to the Spongebob creator better. I had not idea he had passed. His picture and dates would have helped. Instead I thought it was just an odd lead off to the rapper.

Thank you @cavepig for explaining about the Spongebob creator. Did not know he had passed, and we did not pick up on it during the halftime show. It was a confusing segment.

Well so much for running today - it was absolutely pouring down! However I didn't want to skip a day so went to climb stairs instead for a total of about 90 storeys. At least now I have a rainy day exercise!

ATTQOTD: Nope, didn't watch it... but am not American or in America, never understood how American football is played, and even if I had wanted to watch it I wouldn't know anywhere to watch it locally! (Last year I was actually in WDW during the Super Bowl so I did turn on the TV to watch it, but didn't understand the game at all so most of it was lost on me...)

ATTQOTD: I watched, fell asleep on the couch sometime in the 4th quarter, but my husband nudged me during the commercials. I liked the NFL 100 and the Audi one the best. I was disappointed in the Avengers and Toy Story 4 trailers. Halftime show confirmed that I really don't like Maroon 5 songs. I think the show should have been centered around Atlanta artists, so I did like the 30 seconds of Big Boi. Oh well, didn't feel like I wasted 4 hours of my life, but it was just so-so.

ATTQOTD: I watched, fell asleep on the couch sometime in the 4th quarter, but my husband nudged me during the commercials. I liked the NFL 100 and the Audi one the best.

The Audi one where the grandfather gave him the futuristic car? That was actually pretty good.

ATTQOTD part 2: re: Super Bowl commercials... am I the only one one on the planet who shouted, "TOYOTA'S BRINGING BACK THE SUPRA?!?!?!!" :rotfl: I was pretty jazzed.

I did it too! I had a Celica in college, the Supra's slightly smaller less powerful sibling.

I also think the First Responders ad was well done about the coach meeting up with the team that saved his life.

ATTQOTD: As a Rams fan, the game was terrible...it reminded me of the pitiful Rams teams from 3-4 years ago. I can’t stand the Pats and Edelman *cough* cheater *cough* either . I enjoyed a few of the commercials (Game of Thrones Bud Light, Bad Alexa ideas/Amazon, Fumble with NFL players), but most were duds which I think is the case for most years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter