The secret tricks to booking ADR's?

Late November/early December will probably be packed at the parks this year. There have been many threads like yours in the past couple of weeks, complaining about difficulty making ADRs of all kinds for this time period. The bulk of the problem probably is competition from other vacationers, as the CM suggested.
Oh I hope not.:worried: I know there isn't really a slow time anymore, but all these issues coming up doesn't sound too good. We booked this time to do a Disney Christmas before the big crowds come!

Odd things are happening with Disney Dining Reservations these days, at least that's my experience. I tried to reserve something at AKL on DME at 4 1/2 months out. Yeah, I know-that's late, but I'd reserved others earlier, this was just something else I thought of. Anyways, nothing available at Boma (no surprise) or Jiko. Now THAT's a surprise-a few year's ago, I got Jiko same day. Just for "fun". I changed from AKL to "African cuisine", Now, several times were offered at both Boma and Jiko. Strange!

Late November/early December will probably be packed at the parks this year. There have been many threads like yours in the past couple of weeks, complaining about difficulty making ADRs of all kinds for this time period. The bulk of the problem probably is competition from other vacationers, as the CM suggested.

While it may be true that this year will be more crowded than in the past, we cannot attribute this directly to ADRs being difficult to make. The exact same feedback came through from threads from last year - starting the week after thanksgiving, bookings got VERY difficult to make - and once CP was released, things settled down. I've been following these threads recently too, and the overwhelming majority of bookings people are attempting to get are things that have been confirmed by Disney reps to simply not be fully open for booking yet. And my guess is that since people can't make what they REALLY want, they're taking other restaurant reservations as placeholders instead. Many things in and around Epcot are blocked because of CP. The MVMCP is affecting opportunities in MK because of early closures multiple days of the week. ROL packages and Dessert parties after September aren't posted yet. I second everyone's frustrations with getting reservations - when I wake up early, I want to be able to do my 180+x and be done. I do appreciate being able to book this far in advance, however if Disney is no longer able to keep up with that time frame for posting availability, then maybe it should be shortened (90-120 days) so they are able to have full availability posted for all dining events and avoid people constantly calling and complaining that they woke up at 3am and can't get anything they want. I feel lucky to have found this group since you are all on the lookout for the same things I am and we can give each other heads up as soon as we see things start opening up.

Akershus dinner is one of the ones I am trying to get. Is that one of the CP restaurants?
If so, when do they tend to release those ADR's?

At exactly 6am, there was literally nothing at Akershus available any time of day!

We leave Tuesday for our trip and could not get anything at Akershus....suddenly, about 3 days ago I could literally go for breakfast, lunch or dinner on my EPCOT day! This after months of nothing showing up! Keep trying and if not, don't lose hope, try right before your trip!

Like others have said - just keep trying! I've been able to get everything for my trip in early-mid December except a breakfast at Garden Grill, which seems to be due to the CP dining package. Had a lot of difficulty getting other Epcot reservations (Coral Reef, Biergarten, etc.) due to the packages too. I did manage to get a 5pm at Biergarten, 4:45pm at Coral Reef and a PPO breakfast at Akershus by simply being flexible with my plans for our dates and booking these towards the end of my trip. (It helps that we will be there for 13 days which I know is a blessing and not everyone can get away for that long.) Meanwhile, I had my pick of the litter for BOG. Reservations every 15 minutes to choose from! Go figure! o_O My suggestion is try to book the hard-to-get reservations toward the end of your trip if possible, and continue to check daily!

I go every year at ths time and again in May. No issues at all in May. No ADRs for BOG dinner or Garden Grill at all for my Nov/Dec trip. I used touring plans and just got the Garden Grill ADR I wanted at the time I wanted so there is hope. The same thing happened last year at this time. I'd heard it was a combination of CP package hold backs and free dining. I don't know if free dining has anything to do with it, but I know that the CP package did. It is frustrating, but part of the 'fun' of planning. ;)

I am also having a hard time finding adrs for end of November beginning of December. Any advice appreciated:) it's our first trip

I am also having a hard time finding adrs for end of November beginning of December. Any advice appreciated:) it's our first trip

Same time as our trip. Many restaurants, especially at Epcot, just opened the last two days. Touring Plans free finder got us a Sci-Fi at the time and date we needed within a couple of days.

I am trying to do bookings for first week of January and I was a little perplexed by what was and wasn't available. California Grill (which I normally get easily) I cannot get for the whole 9 days. On the other hand CRT was available EVERY day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter