The ultimate split-stay thread

We plan on leaving our room super early (around 6am) for rope drop, the morning of our resort switch.

Is it possible to call bell services to pick up our luggage for the swap without us being there? We don’t want to have to wake up earlier than we have to, to drop our luggage off at bell services.

You either have to bring it to them or be in the room when they come get it. They will no longer come get it from your room if you're not there. But you can schedule a pick up as early as you want.

You either have to bring it to them or be in the room when they come get it. They will no longer come get it from your room if you're not there. But you can schedule a pick up as early as you want.
Thanks for the reply! So I can actually schedule a pickup?! That would be great! I have only ever asked for them to send someone over (with no sort of guarantee of when they would arrive).

Thanks for the reply! So I can actually schedule a pickup?! That would be great! I have only ever asked for them to send someone over (with no sort of guarantee of when they would arrive).

Yup. I call the night before and schedule for the next morning.

I didn't see this thread before. So glad to see it, planning a split stay next year for the first time and could use the advice!

Thanks guys!

@Frederic Civish, I already have all my ADRs booked and my hotel stays done. I was just needing affirmation that I wouldn’t have a break down.

I’m am saddened that no one thinks it’s doable with my family configuration. Not just here, but over the phone and on another thread.

I really wanted to stay at each of those Deluxe resorts to get a flavor of each one. But I do appreciate the honesty.

If I did do it, should I physically check out each day?

To me it's way too much switching for one trip. Especially with a little one. You will lose too much time just doing the switches, if I am reading this right.

We arrive on 11/28 for one night at the beach club, then check into our package at POFQ on 11/29... will I be able to make fastpasses 60 from the 28th or wait until 60 days before our package?

We arrive on 11/28 for one night at the beach club, then check into our package at POFQ on 11/29... will I be able to make fastpasses 60 from the 28th or wait until 60 days before our package?

60 days from when your package starts. If you activate your tickets early, at a Guest Services location when you arrive on the 28th you'll be able to make FP+ reservations that day.

Hi folks - I have a few questions. I've resort hopped in the past, but haven't done so since Disney added the Magic Bands and parking fees. (I know - it's been like 6 years since my last stay!)

I'm getting a sense from My Disney Experience that they're going to mail my family two sets of Magic Bands.. Seems like a waste, but perhaps their system can't figure out how to combine a split stay. How will I know which set holds my tickets and fast passes? Can someone on property combine all of our info onto one set?

As for parking, do you have to pay the daily rate at both hotels on the day of your swap?

Hi folks - I have a few questions. I've resort hopped in the past, but haven't done so since Disney added the Magic Bands and parking fees. (I know - it's been like 6 years since my last stay!)

I'm getting a sense from My Disney Experience that they're going to mail my family two sets of Magic Bands.. Seems like a waste, but perhaps their system can't figure out how to combine a split stay. How will I know which set holds my tickets and fast passes? Can someone on property combine all of our info onto one set?

As for parking, do you have to pay the daily rate at both hotels on the day of your swap?

Either set of MBs will work for both stays, you could either decline one set or go ahead and get both to either have an extra in case of loss or to have 2 different colors each. You are just entitled to one MB per person for each stay, so if you had a 4 way split you would be entitled to 4 sets of MBs. The tickets, etc aren't actually ON your MB, per say, MBs are just a link back to your account which has ALL of your info on it. So they are interchangeable.

As for parking, you pay per night not per day, so the night before you change resorts should be on your first resort, and the first night of your second resort should be on that resort. Just check your folio to make sure it's done correctly. This is assuming they charge you, we did a 3 way split stay in June and were never charged parking even though we booked all of it after the cutoff to avoid parking :confused3. We even asked once when they charged us, to be able to pay with a GC instead of it going to our cc, and that didn't trigger them to add it so we didn't worry about it. I'm not going to force them to take my money for parking!

has anyone done a split stay between YC/BC? i decided on that because theyre connected and it seems so easy, but its still too long for me to pull my luggage around due to a bad back. anyone know what my options are for assistance? is asking a luggage transfer here ridic?

has anyone done a split stay between YC/BC? i decided on that because theyre connected and it seems so easy, but its still too long for me to pull my luggage around due to a bad back. anyone know what my options are for assistance? is asking a luggage transfer here ridic?

We had bell services transfer our luggage between the YC and BC in June, it never even crossed my mind that it would be ridiculous! We had 4 kids and a ton of luggage that I didn’t pack super well since we were moving rooms and not leaving lol! They came and tagged our bags as usual in our room, and told us the usual spiel that we should prepare to not see them until afternoon. Then they said as an aside that Since we were just transferring to the BC that really shouldn’t be the case, and we should be able to ge them earlier since they were so close. I got them impression the bags were just taken over, and don’t go into the whole transfer process they have behind the scenes. However we went to legoland and didn’t get back until late afternoon, so we didn’t need our bags anyway so I don’t know when they could have been available.

awesome, thank you! ive asked this question in other places and gotten some attitude so i appreciate this. this is what i needed to hear!

awesome, thank you! ive asked this question in other places and gotten some attitude so i appreciate this. this is what i needed to hear!

Attitude? On the dis? No way :rolleyes1

Seriously though, I can’t see why you would with that question. Although there is always something to someone...

I don’t think it’s ridiculous, especially if it’s a burden for you. During our last stay we needed to change rooms within the same resort. Disney actually called US to make arrangements to move our stuff, lol. Don’t feel bad at all, that’s what Bell Services is for :)

Just returned from a 4 resort split stay! We spent 2 nights each at WL, Poly, BC and a night at AKL. It was wonderful and we just scheduled the time to have bell services to come get your bags for transfer. Bell services also called to see if we were ready at the designated time. I enjoyed the split stay, however DW prefers to completely unpack and not move for the duration of the trip. I don't think I will be able to convince her to do another multiple resort stay, maybe only 1 move. :)

why wouldnt i just walk. shrug. :)

Oh. Well, IIRC they tagged 20 pieces of luggage for the 6 of us (Any little bag counts, like the kids backpacks, etc), plus we had two 18 month olds, a 5 yr old, and an 8 yr old! Plus they don’t have guest luggage carts anyway. That’s why we didn’t just walk :D! I can certainly see why walking is easiest for some, I would definitely do that if it were just my DH and I for a weekend trip with a bag each, it otherwise I’m going to let Disney help. No need to criticize those who do things differently. I agree- shrug.

Okay, this a split stay dining package question. We have three nights reserved with the Deluxe Dining Package check in on Thursday checkout on Sunday. We intend to use credit until 11:59 pm on Sunday. We will be checking in to another on-property resort on Sunday but just for that night and will not have the dining plan. We are driving home Monday morning and will not need any credits for that day. I want to be sure the dining credits will remain valid until 11:59 pm on Sunday regardless of us checking into a new on-property resort. I had read a conflicting report that checking in to a new resort automatically cancels any remaining credits from the 1st resort. Doesn't sound right to me but thought I would ask the experts.

Okay, this a split stay dining package question. We have three nights reserved with the Deluxe Dining Package check in on Thursday checkout on Sunday. We intend to use credit until 11:59 pm on Sunday. We will be checking in to another on-property resort on Sunday but just for that night and will not have the dining plan. We are driving home Monday morning and will not need any credits for that day. I want to be sure the dining credits will remain valid until 11:59 pm on Sunday regardless of us checking into a new on-property resort. I had read a conflicting report that checking in to a new resort automatically cancels any remaining credits from the 1st resort. Doesn't sound right to me but thought I would ask the experts.
Yes, you have until 11:59 pm to use the rest of your credits. The check in for the next resort won't affect your credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter