The Unofficial STROLLER Thread

Is there a significant difference between the model years? There are new ones avail for both years on Ebay, with the 2006 one being cheaper. Is there any noticeable difference, besides fabric which would warrant the additional $15?

Thanks, I checked both Wal-Mart and Babies R Us for the stroller bag up here and neither carry it.

I was doing a search to see if one was available on our way to Seattle but the site is temporarly unavailable.

Decided it is more of a hassle to try and have it shipped to another Wal-Mart and then stop and get it on our way. Instead, I'm going to make one! My mom said she has some material left over from making my dad some bags so I'll head over one night next week and get started.

I just purchased a City Mini Double for an upcoming trip and now need a rain cover. Can anyone recommend a rain cover that works/fits with this stroller? Or is best get to buy the Baby Jogger one?

We bought the Mini Single and then just bought a Protect a Bub Raincover from Ebay for it. I haven't tried the 2 together because I still haven't opened the stroller box and it has been here since April. LOL

But I have heard that they are a good fit and I think they make a Double raincover. We have used a generic raincover on a Peg P3 in the past and it was great at covering the stroller but after awhile, the plastic seemed to be stiffer and harder to fold back up.

The Protect a Bub one is mostly a waterproof fabric that is very lightweight and then has a plastic window. It folds up very small and stores in its own carrying case. HTH's :wizard:

How hard is it to rent a single stroller at the parks midday if you find you need one?

Its going to depend on what time of year you go. If it is summer or Thanksgiving or Christmas then I have seen them run out but if it is a slower attendance time then you should be fine.

We bought the Mini Single and then just bought a Protect a Bub Raincover from Ebay for it. I haven't tried the 2 together because I still haven't opened the stroller box and it has been here since April. LOL

But I have heard that they are a good fit and I think they make a Double raincover. We have used a generic raincover on a Peg P3 in the past and it was great at covering the stroller but after awhile, the plastic seemed to be stiffer and harder to fold back up.

The Protect a Bub one is mostly a waterproof fabric that is very lightweight and then has a plastic window. It folds up very small and stores in its own carrying case. HTH's :wizard:

I second the protect-a-bub. They are great covers. In the summer for WDW I put it on the stroller at the beginning of the trip and just roll the front up onto the canopy and secure with a clothes pin so whenever we go into a ride all I have to do is unroll and the stroller is protected. Remember summer in WDW you could have a clear sky going into a ride and when you come out you may find it has poured. My DH has thought I was nuts a few times covering the stroller on a sunny day only to be happy after one of our 5 minute storms hit during small world. :)

Just curious....which Mac is best? I am new to the "Mac" world, but have been investigating recently. My son is 1 year old, weighing 24 lbs and 32 inches long. I would like something that reclines all the way - is that an option with the Macs?

I know you asked about Macs, but we have the Graco IPO and it reclines all the way. It is very comparable to Macs IMO, costs a little less and the recline is what sold us. DD took all her naps in hers.

I am really torn between the Mac Trimuph and an Graco Ipo stroller we saw at BRU. I love the price of the Graco and the reviews on line are good and the price would be around $75 dollars less then the mac. Here it is; whatcha think.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2640528

We used a Graco IPO for our 12 month old and LOVED it. It has tall, easy to push handles that my 6'0" DH could push comfortably. It folds up easy, reclined all the way for naps and has a nice canopy. We were very pleased with it on our trip. I rave about it to anyone who will listen ;)

Has any one tried renting a double stroller from orlando strollers . com???

I would like some feedback please. Thanks:confused3

I am looking for cup holders for the Mac triumph? I didn't know how awkward it would be to keep undoing them before folding it up. BRU did have an organizer that a was really for a Joovy but made of soft material that might work better. Anyone use this or have suggestions?

I'm purchasing a P3 stroller with similar handles to the Triumph. Another poster said the Jolly Jumper caddy works well on her P3. That's the kind I had already bought for the stroller as extra storage as the P3 has one water bottle holder.

I would think the Jolly Jumper one would fit the Triumph. It was $12 up here in Canada at Sears. It has a zippered area in the middle and two spots for water bottles and two smaller pockets in the front for keys, cell phone, etc.

We have a new baby on the way so I'm starting to look at double strollers. We have a Mac Techno XT and love it so I'm thinking about the Twin Techno or Twim Triumph. My daughter is 2 yo so I'd like to find a double stroller that can comfortably accommodate both kids.

Are these strollers the same width? I know the Twin Techno is a little heavier but I like the fact that it has bigger wheels and a larger sun canopy. Has anyone who owns the Twin Triumph found that the wheels are too small?

If the Twin Techno is enough wider than the Twim Triumph that it is hard to get through doors I'll definitely get the Twin Triumph.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

We were in the same situation deciding between the two. We went with the Techno, because I couldn't find out if the Triumph actually reclined all the way for an infant. We have had no problems fitting the stroller through a single door with lots of trips to the zoo, mall, and a Disney trip. It fit through the door to our hotel room with no problems. I can't comment on the Triumph, but I don't think you can go wrong with the Techno.

This has probably been asked but here it goes
Does the extra shade you add on to the strollers work on Macs when folded?
or do you have to take it off?

I see several of you have the Combi Urban. I have a few questions, hoping you can help...

1) Does the bar (for lack of a better word--where the snack tray is located on most strollers) come off? My son is 4, I want him to be able to hop in and out quickly. I know the snack trays almost always come off, but that bar looks different, not sure if it's permanent?

2) My older son is 7 but rail thin. He is under the 55 lb. max but he's tall. Do you think he would fit in it?

Trying to figure out a solution where my kids can ride in the stroller for a bit if they need to, without me having to pay a ton for the Disney rental fees! The Combi seems like one of my only options w/ 2 kids who are so big?

Thanks for any help you can give me!
T

I see several of you have the Combi Urban. I have a few questions, hoping you can help...

1) Does the bar (for lack of a better word--where the snack tray is located on most strollers) come off? My son is 4, I want him to be able to hop in and out quickly. I know the snack trays almost always come off, but that bar looks different, not sure if it's permanent?

2) My older son is 7 but rail thin. He is under the 55 lb. max but he's tall. Do you think he would fit in it?

T

The bar does come completely off. How tall is your son? My son is 50" but average weight. He sat in my daughter's and looked kind of silly. I could push him in it, but he just looked too big. He's not rail thin though, so maybe that would make a difference?

The back is 20" if that helps any. :)

We just bought a Mac Quest for DS2. I never thought I would spend that much money on an umbrella stroller, but I LOVE it. It pushes with ease with only one hand if necessary and turns super easy. We saw it at Babies R US and it was $175.00 for a 2007 black print model (normal price was $225.00) Anyway, I checked ebay and found a BNIB for only $137.50 and that included shipping and the rain cover! At first, I thought spending a lot on a stroller for a child 2 1/2 YO was a bad decision. However, I know that since it hold up to 55 pounds, I can get a lot of use out of it. Plus, he has to be contained. If not, he'll be running around like a wild man. My sis has a DS that is just 6 weeks older than mine. We went to the mall this week and her DS walked by her side. There is no way mine would, he has to be in a stroller.

We checked out the Volo but I didn't like it because it didn't recline. The triumph was nice but the Quest won me over when I saw the leg extenders. DS is already tall for his age and I like the idea that when he is older, I can use the extenders and not have to worry about his feet dragging.

I just wish I would have had it when DD, DS and I went in Jan. It was so hard boarding the bus with that clunky travel system stroller while holding an almost 2 YO. Now, that I have 2 extra adults to help me, I'll have the good stroller.

I'll have to check out the extra skins that are available. We are done having babies but in case it gets ripped or something it's nice to know they are available.

I've read of stroller stealing at Disney and of course I don't want someone to take it since it did cost a good chunk of change. I plan on putting our name in a inconspicuous place just in case. That way, if I see someone with it, they can't deny that they didn't steal it. Does anyone think I'm being too paranoid???

For the poster looking at the Combi Urban for 2 children- I don't know if the Combi Urban is made better than the Flare. I was looking at purchasing the Combi Flare for my niece, but it didn't seem to be well made. I also didn't like how the back went narrower. I then started looking at other strollers and really liked the P3.

I just ordered one from www.albeebaby.com It was more than what I originally wanted to pay, but it is a good quality stroller and could be resold for close to purchase price. I don't think I will sell it. It says it has a weight limit of 45lbs (however I have a Perego double stroller and I have put children who weigh much more in it). My niece is almost 44" tall and she has plenty of room height and width wise. It also has a rear footboard for a second child to stand on-I can't find any information on how much weight is recommended for that (maybe someone else knows). I also liked that it had a higher seat, so her legs can dangle and don't cause the stroller to stop.

Alright I need to decide tonight between the Mac Twin Triumph and the Mac Twin Techno. The main differences - the techno reclines flat, has cup holders. The issue is the techno is more (but not a lot if I get it ebay) and it weighs more. The main reason is getting this for Disney. My kids are 4, 3 and 1. We only use the double at big malls, zoo things like that. My old front to back graco is falling apart is really heavy an hard to hold. We will be using disney transportation. I just bought a Mac Techno single to have as my main stroller. We will probably bring both. Advice anyone?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter