The Unofficial STROLLER Thread

I am looking for cup holders for the Mac triumph? I didn't know how awkward it would be to keep undoing them before folding it up. BRU did have an organizer that a was really for a Joovy but made of soft material that might work better. Anyone use this or have suggestions?

I didn't use that one but I the valco baby univeral cupholders and I love them so much they don't need to be removed to fold up the stroller. I had two on my mac techno however I just sold it w/ the cupholders and I ordered two more for the new stroller we are getting and I will be ordering at least one more for dd's wheelchair that's how much I love them. They are easy to install and hold any size cup securely it is deep so my big animal topper/tipper cup doesn't tip over when we hit a bump.

Thanks for the responses! I decided to go with the Maclaren Volo b/c of the high weight limit and the fact that it's only 8 lbs. I was at a friend's house yesterday and I remembered she has one for her son, so I tried my son in it and it was very roomy for him, even with the sun shade extended (he's a tall 4 y.o.). It moved really easily with my son in it, so easy to push, so I was sold! Just ordered one online.

I, too, am interested in orlandostrollerrentals.com seems like a great idea...what is the catch???:confused3

Melissa in St Louis

Not sure what you're asking. There is no 'catch'. You pay - they deliver and pick up.

For me, I prefer to have my own stroller. If we rented everytime we went, we'd have spent well over $400! So, spending $150-$200 range for a quality stroller (I got a Peg Perego Pliko P3) we could use at home too was more than worth it! But different things work for different people. I prefer to own, others prefer to rent - either directly from Disney or companies like the one you're asking about.

When we went last March we borrowed a B.O.B. double jogger from a friend. It was AWESOME! I can not recommend that stroller enough. It was bit bulky getting on and off the buses- but it more than made up for that inconvenience while in the parks. It was roomy- was tall enough for my 5 year old to sleep comfortably inside. It steers on a dime and is so light even when fully loaded that it felt like it was walking itself! I loved that my girls could easily climb in and out on their own- important when you see Mary Poppins headed for the Carousel and need to get on quick! It has a roomy storage space underneath and lots of space to hang items from the handle bars.
I would call this the mercedes of strollers! We absolutely loved it. Many people stopped us in the parks to ask us what kind of stroller it was. I know these are expensive strollers- but I really think that if you have 2 or more kids- that it's worth the money. It won't be outgrown.:cheer2:
-Sarah

Does anyone know if a Joovy Sit & Stand (Caboose) will go through to be checked at the gate or will I need to have it as part of my checked luggage?

ANY stroller will go to gate check. We brought our giant double stroller right to the gate and had no problems.
-Sarah

How do they x-ray bigger sit & stand strollers?

Any stroller I have seen either gets folded and put through the x-ray machine....or....pushed through the metal thing and then scanned with the wand (like they do with wheelchairs).

We just bought a Mia Moda Terra the other day. It is a full size stroller but handles wonderfully. Does anyone know anything about this stroller or brand? There aren't many reviews out there and while I'm pretty sure it's going to be a keeper, I would love some extra opinions. Thanks!
Also, we will be going in November while I am 8 months pregnant if anyone has any tips.

Our Joovy Caboose went through gate check just fine. We folded it up and put it through the x ray machine with no issues either. LOVE that stroller!

I can't beleive I just read all 24 pages, lo, thanks for all of the rec'sl!!! I'm feeling very overwhelmed & not sure what to do! Our dd is 5 & about 40 lbs. She does not use a stroller anymore, but for WDW we feel it is a needed. So we are thinking either a middle of the road stroller & try to sell it on our last day. Or we rent the baby jogger mini city because it looks like luxury & then we won't have to worry about selling & transporting it, but we would spend about the same, however we wouldn't get any $ back selling it on the last day.....I don't know what to do! Please HELP!

Here's what we're looking at

Evenflo X-Sport convenience

Graco IPO

Maclaren Triumph

Maclaren Quest

MAclaren Volo

OR

Rent Baby jogger

TrueLove, welcome to my world! LOL! We totally think alike. On the previous page you can see my posts similar to yours. I have decided to go with the Volo. I was fortunate enough to be able to give it a pretty good spin at my friend's house the other day, and it was AWESOME. My son is the same age/weight as your child (he is 40 lbs. 2 oz, to be exact) and it handled his weight beautifully. I was thinking about the xsport but it got some pretty bad reviews. I wanted to go with it b/c it's much cheaper, but after trying to schlep my son around in a Jeep stroller last year that was SOOOO hard to push, I decided to pay the extra. My son has been done w/ strollers for years, he hasn't wanted to ride in one since he was 2. So last year I bought the Jeep stroller just for our trip, used it for a week, and sold it on Craigslist for $30 (bought it for $40). I will do the same w/ the Volo. I figure even if I sell if for $30 less than what I pay, I'm still saving a bundle on a stroller rental, plus I have it for OUTSIDE of the parks, b/c my son is a real crank when he's tired ;) and it could be rough getting him all the way back to our room from the bus each night.

I have my rental on order with Orlando Stroller Rentals for Saturday. I do not want to bother with selling it and there is no guarantee you will make your money back. Nothing compares to the single/double city mini either for comfort and folding. Not to mention I believe my airline will charge me $50 each way if I go over four checked bags with my family of 4. I cannot get a straight answer and if I jam everything into three bags then I will probably go oversized which at that point I am in trouble and the $85 rental is very worth it. Price, convenience, comfort and ease of use is why I am going with the rental.

Not to mention I believe my airline will charge me $50 each way if I go over four checked bags with my family of 4.

Check the baggage section of their website. I don't think most airlines consider a stroller as checked baggage if you take the stroller to the gate. Also by doing that you have the stroller while you wait to board and then you have it right after you land. I know you have already ordered your stroller rental, but maybe for next time :thumbsup2

I just bought a Baby Jogger City Mini. It is amazing!!!!
I would never recommend anything else. Any questions please ask.

Mrs. Disney Ron

I have my rental on order with Orlando Stroller Rentals for Saturday. I do not want to bother with selling it and there is no guarantee you will make your money back. Nothing compares to the single/double city mini either for comfort and folding. Not to mention I believe my airline will charge me $50 each way if I go over four checked bags with my family of 4. I cannot get a straight answer and if I jam everything into three bags then I will probably go oversized which at that point I am in trouble and the $85 rental is very worth it. Price, convenience, comfort and ease of use is why I am going with the rental.

Please let us know how it all works out. I am eager to make my reservation with them, but concerned about paying so far ahead. That said, I probably will call very soon. Any other experiences?

Please let us know how it all works out. I am eager to make my reservation with them, but concerned about paying so far ahead. That said, I probably will call very soon. Any other experiences?

I will post as soon as I return. BTW...They use Paypal so paying in advance is not an issue. Orlando Stroller Rentals does not receive any of your credit card info. Even better if you have money in your Paypal account. You can just use that. Another friend has used them and have had a great experience.

Check the baggage section of their website. I don't think most airlines consider a stroller as checked baggage if you take the stroller to the gate. Also by doing that you have the stroller while you wait to board and then you have it right after you land. I know you have already ordered your stroller rental, but maybe for next time :thumbsup2

Thanks for the advice but I do not own a stroller any longer so I wanted to avoid purchasing one. Not to mention I would never buy a $400 stroller like they rent anyway for just visiting the parks. In another year the kids will not need one anymore for the parks. This is really my best option I believe.

I just bought a Baby Jogger City Mini. It is amazing!!!!
I would never recommend anything else. Any questions please ask.

Mrs. Disney Ron

I'm looking for dimentions. We test drove the Mac Volo yesterday & the seat back only made it half-way up my dd's head, & in order to put her feet on the foot rest her knees were looking squashed & the shade was touching her head in the closed position & very clos in the open position. I doubt she would be comfy for long in that position. She is 40 lbs & 42 inches, her head to seat measurement is 23 inches, I'm thinking I'll rent the city mini, but can you tell me the seat to head measurment?

TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter