The WDW Comeback: Before/After Game

Topic 13 – When will Meet & Greets return?

Before/After: 09/1/2021

Besides trying to snap a selfie on your own with a character from a distance, there is no official M&G with any characters at the moment.

Notes:
• We are looking for the classic M&G experience to return. This would include a queue, at least one character and a Disney photographer.
• This could include a character from being socially distanced from you.
• Autographs are not required to meet the requirements for this topic.
Socially distanced character in a fully covered character head and costume, I’ll say before.

Princesses with hugs and twirling, I’ll say after.

The M&G at the DCA taste event has all this criteria *except* photopass... but they will have an option to do a selfie with the characters (lighting McQueen and joy and sadness!).

I guess you could compare this to the current MK train station offering? Though we’ll know how close they get once pictures come out in March.

just hoping this means more “stationary” characters outside of the character meals at WDW are coming soon!! Socially distanced is fine, but it’s so hard to not have favorite pictures with characters unless you are a photo pro during the calvalades.

DCA hard ticket food taste event

Final results for topic 13:
Before: 10 After: 9

New one:

Topic 14 – When will paid limited ticketed events at the theme parks return?

Before/After: 08/12/2021

Notes: -This can include the seasonal or modified parties (Halloween, Christmas) -
Any limited attendance paid events such as Disney After Hours (including Villains after Hours) or Early Morning Magic, etc.

New one:

Notes: -This can include the seasonal or modified parties (Halloween, Christmas) -
Any limited attendance paid events such as Disney After Hours (including Villains after Hours) or Early Morning Magic, etc.
Im going to Say After, just shortly after. I think the First one could be an AFTER HOURS on 10/1 at a Super Premium Price Tag!!!!

New one:

After, they are averse to large groups so in my opinion this will not happen until mask requirements are relaxed.

New one:

AFTER - I think you'll see at least -A- ticketed event just before 10/1. I don't see a reason for that to happen over the summer though

I agree. After. It's not going to be until we see a permanent decrease in numbers and vaccines more widespread.

I'm going to be contrarian and say "before." With Disney bleeding money lately, it seems to only make sense for them to have attendance-limited events that charge a huge premium.

I don't think these will necessarily be the Christmas or Hallowe'en party, but something more like the old "After Hours" events where it's just a half empty park and lots of rides open - for double the cost of a regular entrance ticket.

I'm going to be contrarian and say "before." With Disney bleeding money lately, it seems to only make sense for them to have attendance-limited events that charge a huge premium.

I don't think these will necessarily be the Christmas or Hallowe'en party, but something more like the old "After Hours" events where it's just a half empty park and lots of rides open - for double the cost of a regular entrance ticket.
I think they’re holding a lot close to the vest, like these tickets, AP Tickets and dining plans to release a little at a time to spur trips.

but yes, I can’t see how they can sustain like this for a longer time period.

New one:

After. I think there will definitely be ticketed events, at least one, next fall; I’m just not sure that will happen this summer.

MNSSHP will return in 2021. The question therefore could be answered AFTER. However, ticket sales and advertisements would have to happen before. So not sure how this question is best answered. The actual party would be after the date, so my answer remains after.

Were there limited ticket events in the summer, in any park?

MNSSHP will return in 2021. The question therefore could be answered AFTER. However, ticket sales and advertisements would have to happen before. So not sure how this question is best answered. The actual party would be after the date, so my answer remains after.

In pre-Covid times, they were running MNSSHP as early as August and after hours ticketed events (like Villains) in the summer.

If MNSSHP returns, we should have already heard rumors... I bought my tickets in February/first of March normally.

I’d assume that if we don’t hear anything by April 15th, that MNSSHP isn’t happening unless the totally reimagine it (which I believe could work!).

the other three parks in Orlando did halloween in 2020, and will do it again in 2021. Will disney join them? That’s a million dollar question

Topic 14 Results - Paid Limited Ticket Events (8/12/21)
Before: 4
After: 19

My quick take: Thursday, August 13th was the first scheduled date for MNSSHP for 2020. 8/12/21 is a Thursday. Of course, maybe there will be no parties this year or they just decide to start them later.

I'm going to say before 5/31. There have been reports of cast members riding and testing it out, so I feel like they will be opening it very soon to absorb the spring break crowds.

Topic 15 – When will the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover refurbishment actually finish and be open for guests?

Before/After: 5/31/2021

Credit to @TheMaxRebo and @YesterDark
Im going to say After even though that is 2 months away. If the problem is structurally, which I think it is. seams like that havent been able to fix the problem. The 3 pics show that the beams that hold up the ride had their stucco coverings removed at some point during the shut down and have now been reapplied. during the August trip when it reopened multiple areas that had cracks and or had been removed. It still might be mechanical, clear that they did something structural as well

Attachments

• PMoverold_LI.jpg
    PMoverold_LI.jpg
    972.7 KB · Views: 8
  • ppl mover  August_LI.jpg
    ppl mover August_LI.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 8
  • ppl mover Feb 21_LI.jpg
    ppl mover Feb 21_LI.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 8

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter