The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

he has be
Well I did it...I booked though Ebay...hope it all works out...we booked through Magicalholidays...has anyone used them before...the price for a 2 bedroom was really good...the site had 100% positive feedback...fingers crossed I did the right thing..
that being said...we are going January 12-19th 2-2 bedrooms...plan on using uber mostly...DH1 is staying at the beach club...so we might just uber there on the epoct and HS days...so excited...but nervous at same time about reservation...
any feed back on magicalholidays...apppreciated...
he has been around a long time. he has good reviews on here

Is there still a Super Target pretty close to WBC? I just saw that WBC charges a "small fee" for receiving packages on your behalf so now I thinking of abandoning my plans to use Amazon Prime Now.

I'm looking to book Bonnet Creek for 3 days in November. I've been checking out VRBO and Homeaway. I would really appreciate some tried and true companies to book through. Thanks!

We ALWAYS use ebay when booking last minute, because it is the absolute cheapest way. I just booked 4 nights in November for $315 for a 2 bedroom.
We have used several sellers on ebay without any problems.

bossinternationalllc
aztimeshares
(both of those I booked days beforehand and they helped me out tremendously because we were in Orlando trying to avoid going home after the hurricane last September when our town was hit directly and we had no power.

qvac
shelbyresorts

I checked out eBay but no one had the dates I needed. I emailed a couple of them and saw a few I had seen on the Homeaway site. I finally got a great deal through Vacation Strategies. I will definitely give eBay a look next time though.

Regarding room requests. I stayed at WBC last week and at checkin, I requested a fireworks view. I have done this at my previous stays and the request has always been granted. I always check in prior to noon and there has never been any problem with this. However, this time was different. I was told they are not allowed to take requests. I said that I have made requests before and they have always been honored and I was told that this week they are not allowed to take requests due to inventory. Is that BS? Maybe. It might just have been the person checking me in. Who knows? We still had a good trip, although we were on the 4th floor overlooking the parking lot. So heads up.

Regarding room requests. I stayed at WBC last week and at checkin, I requested a fireworks view. I have done this at my previous stays and the request has always been granted. I always check in prior to noon and there has never been any problem with this. However, this time was different. I was told they are not allowed to take requests. I said that I have made requests before and they have always been honored and I was told that this week they are not allowed to take requests due to inventory. Is that BS? Maybe. It might just have been the person checking me in. Who knows? We still had a good trip, although we were on the 4th floor overlooking the parking lot. So heads up.

They took your request, it just wasn't granted. Requests are not guaranteed. If 99 guests out of 100 want a fireworks view, making them as random as possible is the best policy.

I'm sure Wyndham wishes they could charge more for a fireworks view like the Disney resorts, but they can't so its just the luck of the draw.

Long ago, the policy was to stop taking phone requests for the ever-popular fireworks view.

As for why your request was rejected, it could be the resort was full and there is an emphasis on not moving people around in those cases.

As you said, the key is having a good trip and not expecting a certain view.

Wyndham is first and foremost an ownership resort and owners get priority. Were sitting top floor corner unit in the main building with a great view of the pool and the lake. I didn’t have to leave a card on file and have received packages without charge. We also paid close to $20,000 for our ownership. There are downsides to paying $800 for a week in a 2 bedroom.

Soon non owners will also pay a resort fee and be charged for parking.

Wyndham is first and foremost an ownership resort and owners get priority. Were sitting top floor corner unit in the main building with a great view of the pool and the lake. I didn’t have to leave a card on file and have received packages without charge. We also paid close to $20,000 for our ownership. There are downsides to paying $800 for a week in a 2 bedroom.

If you just paid the developer $20,000 for Bonnet Creek, I suggest you quickly head over to tugbbs.com to learn about the true value of your purchase.

According to what source? The sales desk?

I don’t know if you guys are aware but Wyndham has new owners and they are changing a lot of things. For one they have a direct rental business and want to steer people into renting directly from them and cut out the middle men. How can they do that when the other guy is so cheap. Add fees to the renters that come from the other guy.

I don’t know if you guys are aware but Wyndham has new owners and they are changing a lot of things. For one they have a direct rental business and want to steer people into renting directly from them and cut out the middle men. How can they do that when the other guy is so cheap. Add fees to the renters that come from the other guy.

Again... source? As an owner, I would expect that you asked the question of how these new penalties would affect you if you were to have guests stay on your membership. We always stay as guests of Wyndham owners. Other than increasing the cost of the guest certificate, how would Wyndham penalize owners for having guests use their membership?

Fact. I bought stuff from amazon that was delivered to my room and I was specifically told that the fees for package do not apply to me as an owner.

Wyndham has never said that the ownership is for anything other than our use. When I come here I am put into rooms that are blocked out for owners, not their guests. When I book it on the phone they not only take requests, they ask me if I have a preference for where I stay on property.

Believe whatever you want. If Wyndham ever were to ask my opinion I would fully support resort fees and charging for parking. It is becoming the standard. Disney charges to park. The shuttles at bonnet creek used to be free and now are ridiculously expensive. Plus like I said, in the last few months Wyndham has launched their own direct rental as part of a complete change in how they sell ownerships. I have the option of placing my ownership into their hands to rent out if I chose to not use it.

Wyndham is also changing how they sell. They’re going straight up to a point system. You don’t buy a week at a resort, you buy points and the value of points can change. You no longer own a part of bonnet creek, you own a number of points good at Wyndham. My money is that soon the “vacation ownership” will disappear from their signs just because there is a stigma of being a “time share” they don’t even use that term anymore.

Wyndham has a propert that as a hotel, based on Disney’s prices, would easily be $400 a night plus. Right now Wyndham rents directly for around $200. Even that is underpriced. Sub $100 a night to stay here is ridiculous, and Wyndham knows that. Their goal is to raise the bar for this property and there is a lot of room to do that. They are investing nearly $75 million in upgrades (there are over 2000 rooms) they keep increasing the value to staying here. They paid out to get Disney to allow mini van service and from a friend who works for Disney they are trying very hard to have bonnet creek treated like the hotels at the front of the parks and have them included in the Disney bubble.

Fact. I bought stuff from amazon that was delivered to my room and I was specifically told that the fees for package do not apply to me as an owner.

Wyndham has never said that the ownership is for anything other than our use. When I come here I am put into rooms that are blocked out for owners, not their guests. When I book it on the phone they not only take requests, they ask me if I have a preference for where I stay on property.

Believe whatever you want. If Wyndham ever were to ask my opinion I would fully support resort fees and charging for parking. It is becoming the standard. Disney charges to park. The shuttles at bonnet creek used to be free and now are ridiculously expensive. Plus like I said, in the last few months Wyndham has launched their own direct rental as part of a complete change in how they sell ownerships. I have the option of placing my ownership into their hands to rent out if I chose to not use it.

Wyndham is also changing how they sell. They’re going straight up to a point system. You don’t buy a week at a resort, you buy points and the value of points can change. You no longer own a part of bonnet creek, you own a number of points good at Wyndham. My money is that soon the “vacation ownership” will disappear from their signs just because there is a stigma of being a “time share” they don’t even use that term anymore.

Wyndham has a propert that as a hotel, based on Disney’s prices, would easily be $400 a night plus. Right now Wyndham rents directly for around $200. Even that is underpriced. Sub $100 a night to stay here is ridiculous, and Wyndham knows that. Their goal is to raise the bar for this property and there is a lot of room to do that. They are investing nearly $75 million in upgrades (there are over 2000 rooms) they keep increasing the value to staying here. They paid out to get Disney to allow mini van service and from a friend who works for Disney they are trying very hard to have bonnet creek treated like the hotels at the front of the parks and have them included in the Disney bubble.

The "stigma" of the timeshare system is in how they are sold. High-pressure sales mixed with lots lies and overstatements. For example, I own a timeshare I paid $200 for. The very same timeshare is being sold for $20,000 by the developer. Many Wyndham timeshares can be acquired for free. People don't like finding out the timeshare they paid $20,000 for is worth $200. The fix? Change the name and call it something else!

Wyndham has had their own direct rental program for many years. This is not new. Owners rent their own reservations because it makes them more money than what Wyndham is offering them.

Bonnet Creek doesn't rent for Disney prices because it isn't a Disney resort. The market decides and Disney commands more money. Wyndham owners aren't the only ones renting out their points and undercutting the "official" rate. DVC owners do it as well. The market sets the price of a reservation at WBC.

As for parking, DVC owners and their guests park for free. Only people who book DVC rooms through Disney get slapped with the parking fee.

We check-in on Wednesday. I am hearing the "parking pass" is just a gimmick to get you to sign up for a timeshare and is not needed. Can a recent guest confirm this?

We check-in on Wednesday. I am hearing the "parking pass" is just a gimmick to get you to sign up for a timeshare and is not needed. Can a recent guest confirm this?

It is true that you do not need a parking pass, you may use your unit key for entry through the gate. We exit through the side door near the restroom after obtaining unit keys each visit without visiting the sales desk to obtain a parking pass or anything else.

Believe whatever you want.

I believe facts and credible rumors, which is why I asked for your source. It's great that you were not charged a fee for your package; other than that fact, nothing you shared was substantiated by anything other than your opinion. I'm not trying to change your opinion.

The purpose of this thread is to share experiences and to help others who are planning vacations at WBC. A lot of people who visit this thread with questions don't know much about timesharing or the Wyndham properties or policies. I don't see how it's helpful to share speculation like, "Soon non owners will also pay a resort fee and be charged for parking." That's not true and it doesn't help anyone else plan.

Thanks. We have a few friends who there and this was the first we've heard of parking and resort fees. As far as room requests, we have found when we don;t make any we get a nice room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter