The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

I see on the WDW website that you may book rooms at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek or at Waldorf Astoria Bonnet Creek. Both of these upscale hotels (and their restaurants) have been given great reviews by some YouTube vloggers. Yes, either of them would probably be an excellent choice for a young couple without kids!!! The lazy river is at the Hilton but guests at both hotels are permitted to use both hotel's pools. :) All three of these resorts (Wyndham, Hilton, Waldorf Astoria) in the Bonnet Creek resort area are just a short drive/Lyft/Uber to the Beach Club.

Don't know the difference between view categories. You may want to put the actual name of your selected hotel in the thread heading of a new thread that you post in this forum, to ask your questions and for feedback from people who have stayed there. Have a great trip!

Wonderful information. Thanks so much Lisa!

Does anyone have a favorite grocery store to stop at in between the airport and Bonnet Creek? We will be renting a car and land around noon. So I'm thinking we'll have a little bit of time to kill before our room is ready.

Does anyone have a favorite grocery store to stop at in between the airport and Bonnet Creek? We will be renting a car and land around noon. So I'm thinking we'll have a little bit of time to kill before our room is ready.
IMHO, if your plane lands at noon, you will arrive at WBC after 2pm. There is a strong possibility that a room may already be available/assigned. The earlier you arrive, the better chance to get a "more desirable" building, room/view. In other words, use this window of time to get a good room assignment. I advise you shop online for a pickup a week or so before arrival (Walmart or Publix-both are close by). Schedule your grocery pick up time for 3-4pm. Go straight to WBC from the airport and check-in. Get your room assignment/request, then go get your groceries. Now, some may not think it's that's serious. Well, my response to that is, in the 12 years I have been to Orlando, I have NEVER had a parking lot view from my balcony. I have been assigned a parking lot view but arrive early enough to have it changed before the resort fills up. I always prefer a pool/lake/fountain views. I refuse to spend 7 nights of vacation overlooking a parking lot when there are plenty of rooms with beautiful views available.

Quite understandable. The thread's title doesn't indicate this thread is just for the Wyndham Bonnet Creek, let alone just for the timeshare resort.
I recall when the timeshare used to be the only property and even it started off with just a few of the smaller towers. That was more than 15 years ago.

Hi all! I had been following this thread for a bit, hoping to have a question answered.

My grandparents had been Wyndham owners for 34 years when my grandma passed away. My grandpa hasn’t used it since (3 years), and this year handed it over to my family of 5 :-)banana:) making us promise to use it often (hello, we’re Disney lovers)!

My grandma was the one who ran the timeshare so he’s not great at answering our questions.

We’re looking to visit Bonnet Creek in December for 7+ days, any time I look up availability it’s showing most of December as sold out I think. Or are they just not available to book until a certain time frame?

Thanks in advanced from a newb!

Hi all! I had been following this thread for a bit, hoping to have a question answered.

My grandparents had been Wyndham owners for 34 years when my grandma passed away. My grandpa hasn’t used it since (3 years), and this year handed it over to my family of 5 :-)banana:) making us promise to use it often (hello, we’re Disney lovers)!

My grandma was the one who ran the timeshare so he’s not great at answering our questions.

We’re looking to visit Bonnet Creek in December for 7+ days, any time I look up availability it’s showing most of December as sold out I think. Or are they just not available to book until a certain time frame?

Thanks in advanced from a newb!
I suggest you visit and become a member of TUG BBS https://tugbbs.com/forums/ where they have a specific Wyndham owners forum and a mountain of helpful tips. Timeshare systems are complex, but you can get a lot of value out of them if you study up.

I am no Wyndham expert, but I do know that resort owners get the first crack 13 months out, then everyone else at 10 months, so popular weeks can book up. Also, WBC is a popular resort to rent, so many speculative reservations are made.

However, inventories are always changing because it such a large resort. When owners can't rent, they will cancel their reservations to avoid losing points, opening up new inventory. There are a ton of great timeshare resorts around Disney, so even if you can't get WBC you likely won't be shut out of a vacation.

I concur with @Upatnoon - TUG Is a great place to learn how to use what you have! The Wyndham board is at https://tugbbs.com/forums/forums/wyndham-vacation-resorts.47/ and there’s another board about exchanging in general at https://tugbbs.com/forums/forums/exchanging-timeshares.12/. You don’t have to pay but you do have to register to post. However the $15 a year membership gives access to the Sightings board, where people post special availability they’ve seen, such as WBC at Christmas.

IMHO, if your plane lands at noon, you will arrive at WBC after 2pm. There is a strong possibility that a room may already be available/assigned. The earlier you arrive, the better chance to get a "more desirable" building, room/view. In other words, use this window of time to get a good room assignment. I advise you shop online for a pickup a week or so before arrival (Walmart or Publix-both are close by). Schedule your grocery pick up time for 3-4pm. Go straight to WBC from the airport and check-in. Get your room assignment/request, then go get your groceries. Now, some may not think it's that's serious. Well, my response to that is, in the 12 years I have been to Orlando, I have NEVER had a parking lot view from my balcony. I have been assigned a parking lot view but arrive early enough to have it changed before the resort fills up. I always prefer a pool/lake/fountain views. I refuse to spend 7 nights of vacation overlooking a parking lot when there are plenty of rooms with beautiful views available.
This is super helpful and I had not considered checking in early to get a good room request. Do you request a certain tower or just a pool/lake view? I have 3 boys ages 7, 10 and 12 and this will be our first time visiting. Only 1 park day so lots of resort time :)

Does anyone know if three is any way to get to the Skyliner to ride that into the parks? We love breakfast at the Riviera, can we eat breakfast and then use the Skyliner to get to Epcot or HS? Not trying to avoid paying for parking, just would love to ride the skyliner in.

Does anyone know if three is any way to get to the Skyliner to ride that into the parks? We love breakfast at the Riviera, can we eat breakfast and then use the Skyliner to get to Epcot or HS? Not trying to avoid paying for parking, just would love to ride the skyliner in.
Yes, the skyliner goes to both. What would you do with your car or would you Uber over?

If you’re driving, you’ll need a reservation for breakfast in order to park at Riviera (a mobile order may or may not work), and you’re not allowed to leave your car there all day to visit parks. It would be better to park at DHS and ride the Skyliner to Riviera for breakfast. Then you can ride the Skyliner as much as you want.

Uber might be a good option. It might be cheaper to Uber to Riviera than to pay to park at the Parks.
The policy that you can't drive to a Disney resort without having an ADR (or perhaps only a mobile order) there applies to Uber/Lyft/taxis also.

Is the presentation worth it? We are not owners and we’re offered a one week free voucher. Is it too good to be true?

Is the presentation worth it? We are not owners and we’re offered a one week free voucher. Is it too good to be true?
Do you mean the sales presentation? All you need to do is read a few of the "help! I went to a presentation that was supposed to be 90 minutes and turned into 5 hours and then I signed this contract and want to get out of it" posts on TUG, and you'll know that no, it's not worth it. Here are links to a couple of the most recent ones - https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/please-help-should-i-rescind.314097/, https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/please-help-should-i-rescind.314097/.

Do you mean the sales presentation? All you need to do is read a few of the "help! I went to a presentation that was supposed to be 90 minutes and turned into 5 hours and then I signed this contract and want to get out of it" posts on TUG, and you'll know that no, it's not worth it. Here are links to a couple of the most recent ones - https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/please-help-should-i-rescind.314097/, https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/please-help-should-i-rescind.314097/.
Your two links are both to the same post.

This is super helpful and I had not considered checking in early to get a good room request. Do you request a certain tower or just a pool/lake view? I have 3 boys ages 7, 10 and 12 and this will be our first time visiting. Only 1 park day so lots of resort time :)
Personally, I prefer Tower 5 or 6. Tower 5 has one of the lazy rivers. Tower 6 has the pirate ship pool slide. I prefer those buildings with a pool view. I advise to avoid Tower 4 because they consider the pool in Tower 4 to be the "quiet pool". They try to keep it "kid-free" so those traveling without children can have a more "quiet/relaxed" pool area. Next to pool 4 is the "Main" building which also has a pool and lazy river combo. There is entirely too much traffic in that building and on the elevators, that I would not want to stay there. Then across the lake are Towers 2 and 3. I believe one has an "activity pool" where poolside fun, games and activities take place almost daily. With your boys being younger, you may prefer Tower 2 and 3 since you will spend lots of time at resort. There is also a slide at that pool too. I would look at a resort map and an activity schedule from a previous summer to get an idea. Just avoid Tower 4 with kids. This is one of my balcony views from Tower 5.
WBC_Balcony_smaller.jpg

I started a thread and didn’t see one. This might be a better place to ask.

I found Bonnet Creek on Airbnb for a good price. Haven’t booked but was wondering people’s opinions. Specifically, did you miss being in the Disney bubble?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter