THEME PARK CONNECTION - Disney Memorabilia

disneyworld1977

Mouseketeer
Anyone every visit THEME PARK CONNECTION while in the Orlando? Went there for the first time last visit and love the place. Great for picking up some good retro Disney stuff like pins, brochures, mugs, etc etc etc!!!! Even movie props if you have the money! :cool1:

Just wondering who else has been there

I drove up there to check it out about a year ago.

To my surprise, I was not impressed. I am not sure what I was expecting, exactly. It seemed like a lot of junk to me, the condition of much of it seemed used, worn, shabby. I did like the big props and old signs from the hotels and parks. But that was only a small portion of what is there. It had a thrift store feel, but that was not the issue, I don't know.

Maybe I was just in a bad mood that day. :mad: I would try it again, if I was traveling with someone else who wanted to see it. It WAS an easy drive from WDW, I used that back road/highway over by AK, I forget the name. No traffic on it, nice way to see central Florida.

Bought some things from them on eBay and have been happy. Thinking of checking out the warehouse this August. How far from WDW is it?

Reviving this thread to see if anyone has visited the Theme Park Connection store recently? I'm debating whether it's worth a stop before we drive into WDW. We'd mostly be looking for pins (mostly for trading), clothes, & jewelry (especially higher end). Not looking for knick-knack type stuff or general souvenirs. I've checked their eBay listings, but just wondering more about the store. Please share your experience if you have stopped there. :)

Didn't know a thing about this place. Will check out their ebay store and maybe stop in while we're there in February. Thanks for refreshing the link!

They are relocating to a location that is much more convenient for all the parks. I'm not sure of the date, but have seen the address and it is between John Young Parkway and Orange Blossom Trail; one block North of Sand Lake Road. It will be much easier for most people to get to. And I guess that it will be much larger.

LOVE the store..

Pin wise its not the greatest- Anything of 'value' gets sold via their ebay store(not that Im complaining-just a fact) and while they have a 'wall of pins' for $3 each- There tends to be a *lot* of scrappers/non-disney/broken pins most of the pins are older like 2000/1 resort pins, old disney store sets etc..

They are relocating to a location that is much more convenient for all the parks. I'm not sure of the date, but have seen the address and it is between John Young Parkway and Orange Blossom Trail; one block North of Sand Lake Road. It will be much easier for most people to get to. And I guess that it will be much larger.

Thanks for the info. Is the current location that hard to get to? It seems simple enough on mapquest! :-)

I'm guessing the new location won't be open by Friday?

I went in July. Very neat, kind of a mess to dig through, but overall it was a fun little adventure. I found it wasn't exactly easy to get to, but GPS took us right there.

I got some old brochures, an 80s calendar, TPC T-Shirt, and a press photo of River Country.

Neat place to visit, I'm curious when they are relocating. That would help! It is just basically a small showroom and the rest is in a smallish warehouse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter