TheperfectGift - Shirley

videoman

Are we on the Magic yet?
Just got back from 10/11 - I took the expert advise I acquired thru this board and ordered baskets from Shirley. I can not tell you how pleased I was with the baskets. My girls were jumping up and down they were so excited. What a great way to enter a stateroom as to see these wonderful baskets waiting for you. We looked at going thru Disneys baskets but Shirley will put anything and everything in the baskets that you request. She went above and beyond the call of duty....I would just like to share my experience now that I have finally cruised Disney.

By the way...we are hooked, we are in the process of booking for next year!!!!!

::MinnieMo princess:

Hi Just wondering what sort of things were in the baskets for your girls? I will be cruising next year with my 2 girls and was thinking of doing the baskets. Thanks

Shirley is the greatest! Shirley helped me surprise my husband with a great "basket" for his birthday on our March cruise. "Basket" because I asked Shirley to put his gifts in a tote bag instead of a basket. She included things for all our Chicago sport teams, Pepsi, etc. I told her what his interests were and she did the rest.

Everyone had me convinced so I just got off the phone from placing an order with her...she is so sweet. I couldn't believe she gave me her cell in case anything goes wrong!

My parents are very picky but she said she could put together what I'm looking for. I can't wait to see what she creates!

I had bubbles for the sail away party...Glo bracelets (everyone wanted to know where I got them from) Sand toys for Castaway Cay. Soda...juice boxes..candy...binocolous(sp) tote bag...just about anything you want....She customize them to your liking... Might I also say that Shirley was in constant contact with me....She even went to her store on her day off!!!!!!!!!

WHAT A DOLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

We stopped into Shirley's store after our trip last week. Shirley kept giving my kids stuff that they didn't need! She is the BEST!

HEY Shirley, Rose from California here. CAn I have your left kidney now? PLEASSEEEEEEEE!

By the way Shirley, we loved the baskets but I really want to get everyone riled up and say something else. (inside joke).

Shirley definitely puts her 'heart and soul' in whatever she does!!

She helped our daughters arrange a surprise for us on our Dec cruise. The grands sent roses, chocolates, balloons & plush MM. It was a indeed a wonderful surprise when we entered the cabin!!
Thanx again Shirley! ::yes::

Boy, all this unsolicited info is quite convincing. I'm considering a basket for our next cruise (don't let my ticker on the bottom of my post confuse you -- we are working on going May 2004, too!). They sound like a fun thing to do......
perhaps, I will....

Shirley's baskets are excellent!!!! She helped me surprise my mom...which I haven't been able to do for ages! She's always surprising us and it was such a great feeling to surprise her!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH SHIRLEY!

We will definitely be using Shirley to create gift baskets for us, for our cruise next summer. DH and I want to get baskets for each of our DSs, as well as his sister and BIL who are also sailing with us.

I have some questions for those who've had gift baskets made for adults or older kids: What kinds of things were in the baskets? My DSs already have travel binoculars (although they are a great idea if they didnt have them already!) and they are a bit too young for sand toys. Maybe just waterproof cameras or something? Maybe their favorite sodas? I just would like some ideas on what to ask Shirley to fill the baskets for our boys (ages 13 and 16 when we cruise), plus my SIL and BIL.

Thanks!

I just have to add that Shirley is indeed a sweetheart! I am ordering baskets for our December cruise and have been in contact with her. I was also one that she sent her great Key West info to. Thanks again Shirley!!! princess: She has so much more than is shown at her website. She makes everything so personal!

Originally posted by SeaSpray
We will definitely be using Shirley to create gift baskets for us, for our cruise next summer. DH and I want to get baskets for each of our DSs, as well as his sister and BIL who are also sailing with us.

I have some questions for those who've had gift baskets made for adults or older kids: What kinds of things were in the baskets? My DSs already have travel binoculars (although they are a great idea if they didnt have them already!) and they are a bit too young for sand toys. Maybe just waterproof cameras or something? Maybe their favorite sodas? I just would like some ideas on what to ask Shirley to fill the baskets for our boys (ages 13 and 16 when we cruise), plus my SIL and BIL.

Thanks!

We had Shirley add in our DD 13 favorite soda, Mountain Dew, favorite snack Slim Jims, and a few other snacks as well, plus my DW soda and water for me. For the other cabin, I had Shirley include 12 bottles of wine coolers and all kinds of snacks for Dmom, Dsis, and Dniece, they were so surprised to see their basket, it arrived a little later in the day, but that wasn't Shirley's fault, it was on the ship because we saw Norm as he was leaving the parking lot area, he stopped and talked to us for a few minutes. Norm and Shirley, you two are the BEST!!!

Originally posted by Verandah Man
We had Shirley add in our DD 13 favorite soda, Mountain Dew, favorite snack Slim Jims, and a few other snacks as well, plus my DW soda and water for me. For the other cabin, I had Shirley include 12 bottles of wine coolers and all kinds of snacks for Dmom, Dsis, and Dniece, they were so surprised to see their basket, it arrived a little later in the day, but that wasn't Shirley's fault, it was on the ship because we saw Norm as he was leaving the parking lot area, he stopped and talked to us for a few minutes. Norm and Shirley, you two are the BEST!!!

Thanks Andy, that really gives me some good ideas :)

Originally posted by SeaSpray
and they are a bit too young for sand toys.
(snip)
for our boys (ages 13 and 16 when we cruise),

wow! my kids are 6 and 9 and they LOVE sand toys. You're sure your boys are too young? I'd get some, let them try them. They might surprise you and like them! Just don't let them throw sand at each other!!

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Shirley does put her heart and soul into her baskets. In addition she has been a wonderful resource on this board in both the Port Canaveral area and Key West. If you are going on the Western send her the large envelope with $3.50 (I think) in return postage and you will get so much wonderful information. We never would have known about the Butterfly Conservatory and we loved it (even had a discount coupon thanks to Shirley).

She really puts extra MAGIC in the cruise!

Shirley and Norm are the best! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
For our tenth anniversary, she created the cutest Chicago Bears-themed basket for hubby. He still has some of the decorative items adorning his office at home. And believe me, she is just as sweet and kind as everyone here has ever said. She is a real angel. :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter