Things that are free at Disney

I am so happy I started this thread and will have an opportunity to try out many of these free activities when we go in August. We usually go for short trips and are commando the whole time, this trip we are taking 10 days to smell the Disney roses! I can not wait!,!

Coming off Mission Space in EPCOT there is a play area with games and such. There is a machine where you can take a pic of yourself, add "space" animation, and email it to someone back home. Not a big thing, but DD has to do it every time.

Yes that picture always makes me smile. I took a picture of that picture (I think we were underwater explorers) and it is in my scrapbook! Cute momentous and it is free!

How about things you can e-mail yourself back home so they're waiting when you return? I'm thinking about the postcards at Spaceship Earth, the video game at Innoventions, and isn't there a video postcard center near the 3 Caballeros ride in WS?

They're not free, but the pressed penny machines make for VERY cheap souvenirs! Hidden Mickey hunts are definitely a great freebie--great way to keep kids entertained while waiting in line.

If you book through Disney, you get the voucher for a free arcade card to use at the resort. The card itself also makes a great souvenir.

Oh, and playing with the Legos outside at DTD. Behind the Lego Store, there's a nice, shaded area where the kids can build all kinds of vehicles and race them down the ramps. My boys would spend forever there if we let them!

We also collect all the available Gift Cards while there. Usually about 12 different ones available, they make great souvenirs!

The jungle cruise card si so cute..my DD sat in the front on our last day and the driver let her drive the boat through the ruins and gave her the license. She still talks about it 7 months later!

We have always stayed at the POFQ and have gotten beads from the front desk each time we register. I have even gone and asked if I could get extras and were given them with no problem. We were there in December last year and we got some really nice ones. Just ask if they have any.

As hoards of people were leaving AK during a heavy afternoon rainstorm, we heard a CM shout "Enjoy the rain, folks...it's one of the few things at Disney that's free!"

Oh in Ak last year there were some coloring stations and in Africa somewhere there was a table with women helping kids to make beaded bracelets and telling them about Africa!

As hoards of people were leaving AK during a heavy afternoon rainstorm, we heard a CM shout "Enjoy the rain, folks...it's one of the few things at Disney that's free!"

In the Port Orleans Riverside show...they sing the Mickey Mouse show song but say...Forever we will raise our prices...high! high! high!

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E.

We laugh so hard about the prices gag...but also love that at Whispering Canyon in Wilderness Lodge they get the kids to raise their hands and pledge that they will never go to Universal Studios.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

In another year or two...I plan to remind my nephews that they took that pledge.

They usually have a 'pool party' by the main pools in all the resorts we have stayed in for the kids. They do activities like quizzes and win little prizes. We are DVC so not sure if they do this at non dvc?

Why not pretend you are a millionaire and visit Golden Oak ? ( lol )

They usually have a 'pool party' by the main pools in all the resorts we have stayed in for the kids. They do activities like quizzes and win little prizes. We are DVC so not sure if they do this at non dvc?

Yes, the other resorts have these little games as well. Last time we were there, we stayed at ASSp. On a rainy afternoon, they actually moved the game inside to the food court seating area. We just happened to be passing through to our room and the kids asked if we could check it out. They were doing a family trivia type game and we all played and had a blast. It's one of the things the boys still talk about!

Yes, the other resorts have these little games as well. Last time we were there, we stayed at ASSp. On a rainy afternoon, they actually moved the game inside to the food court seating area. We just happened to be passing through to our room and the kids asked if we could check it out. They were doing a family trivia type game and we all played and had a blast. It's one of the things the boys still talk about!

How nice! I think sitting by the pool in the afternoon when you are tired and hot is very under rated! It should be enjoyed more often. I love listening to the pool party, if purchased you have your refillable mug to enjoy and lets not forget the most enjoyable free amusement of all time...people watching. The things I have seen.... Far more shocking than Space Mountain lol. One time a family which appeared to resemble the arrangement on your show in America Big Love...

We got free beads in the gift shop at POR:Riverside. Also, in all the countries in Epcot there are coloring stations. You can also purchase a Passport and get it stamped in each country. They'll even write your name in their native language. The castmember in Italy actually drew Disney characters in the passport. It's a neat experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter