Things you don't like about your car

2014 gmc acadia. Aside from outdated radio technology (no carplay) i love it. 2 sunroofs, AWD, leather, auto start. Cant believe I still love her!

I generally like my car, a 2016 Chevy Malibu. The only thing I would do differently is splurge for a higher trim package. Heated/cooled seats and adaptive cruise control would be cool features to add. The car has had some engine issues, but they were known and all covered under warranty.

2018 Toyota Rav 4 AWD - Tire noise is really loud and the ride is not as smooth as I would have expected. It is awkward to get in and out of and people who are not used to it bump their heads. The back seat area is tiny and uncomfortable. My DD has a 2022 Rav 4 AWD and these issues seem to have been reengineered.

2011 Chevy Traverse with 138K miles on it. What I do not like about it: very bumpy ride, if the third row seats are up (which is rare), there isn’t sufficient cargo space; poor gas mileage (maybe 17 MPG); the second row seating is a bench instead of two captains chairs; the huge 18” tires which are expensive to replace; and lastly, she doesn’t turn on a dime - need lots of swing to turn or park. What I do like: no car payment; Sirius radio plus 6 rows of 5 channel presets; the radio controls on the steering wheel; the pretty dark blue interior and exterior color; and I like the height of the car.

Once this car dies (everyone knock on wood), I’ll get another SUV, but a midsize one.

2020 Corvette Stingray - the wireless phone charger is in between the seats, behind your shoulder. I've left my phone in there so many times 🤦‍♀️

2010 Corvette grand sport - no bluetooth audio. I'm going to upgrade the head unit to one that supports apple carplay in the near future. The convertible top is manual, not electric, so I have to get out of the car to put the top down.

2022 Tahoe Z71 - I don't get the same head turning attention that I do in the vettes 😂

My 2010 Flex has given me a lot of headaches over the years. I got it used and should not have gotten this particular one.

I don't like that the middle row has 3 seats and the back row has 2. I would have preferred 3 in the back and 2 in the middle like mini vans used to have so I didn't have to flop the middle seat down every time one of the kids got in the back.
I put a Weathertech mat in the back because we never use the third row seats in our Flex, just haul.
All personal preference for sure. When I bought the Suburban I traded in on the Flex, we had great trouble finding a Suburban that didn't have bucket seats in the front and middle rows. We wanted, and finally found one with three bench seats, so it could seat 9 comfortably. And lots of room behind the third seat for luggage.

I'm with the ones who say they love their car.

2022 Ford Mustang Mach e

I never have to go to the gas station. I never carry a key, all cars should adopt some form of Phone As A Key (PAAK). Road trips are so comfortable. I don't even have the premium trim level and it is by far the nicest interior and most feature rich car I have ever owned. Semi frequent over the air updates have brought additional features to the infotainment system since purchase. No complaints about the car.

2016 Buick Regal

The repairs that I've had to deal with over the past year. Too many which has cost me too much money and I still have something else that needs to be fixed!

I also don't like the touch screen for the radio stations or navigation. Every single time I touch it, it just goes crazy and instead of 1 row of radio stations, I now have 3 rows. I can't get it back to how it was so I have to call my son to do it.

2022 Tahoe Z71 - I don't get the same head turning attention that I do in the vettes 😂
I'd take a double look at the Tahoe before I would the corvette!😁 I used to drive a Suburban and loved it, and I really like the new design of the Tahoes & Suburbans.

2021 Mazda CX5. Other than wishing it had a panoramic sunroof and was a different color (I couldn’t decide between two colors and regret the one I chose) I have no complaints about my car and really those aren’t major things that bother me on a day to day basis
Mine is red; what colour did you get? Mazda doesn’t really seem very forward in their paint colours. Black, white, several shades of grey, dark blue and red.

I love Subies, but there's no denying that they have had issues with subpar sound systems for years. Finally got mine to do what I want it to do, only to have my DD get old enough to drive and constantly re-set the darned thing for her phone. Arrrgh.

The only other issue I have with my '19 Outback is that it's a bit underpowered, but the price of the larger engine was just too high to justify with the wee hills we have around here. (Luckily it was the final year that the Outback came with paddle shifters, so I just use the paddles to shift manually when I need a bit of extra horsepower in a hurry.) I would have preferred a stick shift, but the industry thwarted me again, LOL. (The last stick I owned was actually a 2001 Altima; I bought my first automatic in 2009, a Hyundai Santa Fe that I pretty much hated, and yes, it was insanely underpowered for what it weighed. FTR, I bought it because DH & I had a fight over how long it was taking me to find a car, and the day of the Hyundai test drive happened to be the day I got sick of fighting and caved. It was roomy, but underpowered, with nasty road noise.)

I really feel a bit spoiled with the Outback because it's a lot of car for running around town; it's very comfortable for distance driving and that was a part of why I bought it, as I anticipated using it for road trips. Only problem is, the older DH gets the more he hates driving, so I've only driven the Outback out of state three times in the 5 years I've had it; the pandemic didn't make much difference. Even with the insane cost of rental cars these days, I still can't talk DH into long-distance driving any more; he insists that his time is valuable enough to make up the difference, so we fly and rent cars. Makes my frugal soul VERY twitchy since rental rates skyrocketed.

BTW, my green Outback did still have the option of light cloth interior in 2019, which is what I bought. The choice was between it and a Mazda CX5, which I really liked driving, but no way on this earth was I buying a vehicle with black leather seats, which was the only upholstery Mazda offered. DD & I both got 2d degree burns on the backs of our legs from black leather seats in a Florida rental a few years ago; the memory of that pain has soured me on black leather for life. The salesman (and his manager) just could not understand why a woman wouldn't like black leather seats -- "so easy to clean", I heard. "So blasted uncomfortable when wearing a dress", I countered.)

Last edited:
Why would I have bought it if I didn't like it ?
Because like many things in life, you actually have to live with it before you know. And sometimes things that sounded like attractive features can turn out to be a bother. And you can still love your car while disliking some aspects of it. Pretty sure my DH feels the same thing about me! :lovestruc:laughing:

I have a truly first world issue with my Ford Edge 2021... I don't have a kick liftgate. I hate it! Sure, the key fob has a button to lift it, but I'd prefer the kick and lift.

In addition to that, this car seems to have a bullseye on it for people to hit and scratch. It wasn't a month old when it was hit in front of my house. It was three months old when my DS hit another car near our house. It was hit in a parking lot when my DD had it at work and it has multiple scrapes and scratches where folks have hit it, probably in parking lots.

I get a new car in April when I turn in this lease. I can't wait! I haven't decided on whether I'll get another Edge (it would be my 3rd... I really like them), or if I'll downgrade to an Escape. I've had a previous Escape and really liked it, too.

I just hate that I don't have the lift gate.

Just purchased a 2024 Honda CRV. We love everything about it except for the small gas tank.
We replaced a 2015 Subaru Outback. It was great in the snow and had a larger gas tank but the seats were sooooo uncomfortable. We both suffered back pain if we drove any distance. We had to purchase seat cushions for our roadtrip to FL last year. Just drove to NH in the CRV. No back issues at all despite a 4+ hr drive.

Sorry, I didn't answer the question. I saw the 65 Mustang and it brought back fond memories.
I currently have a 2022 GMC Sierra. I love it but I have discovered a few things that would be better for me. My biggest nit is the placement and control of the AC registers. One is blocked by the steering wheel. I have to direct it to the left or right but can't get it directly on me. Next, to turn them off you direct the register down. It's a fine line between up down and off. Something you don't want to be fooling with. Especially driving on the demo derby called I-4. The only other complaint, and I've been able to disable most of it is all the "I'll help you drive" stuff which includes the emergency warning gizmos. First day I had it I was picking up family at MCO. It was already dark and the place was a madhouse as usual. We were almost clear when someone stomped on the brakes in front of me. I mashed my brakes but at the same time this incredibly bright red light came on right in my eyes at dash level. I don't know about the rest of you but I'm already in a panic stop full of adrenaline. I thought it wanted me to eject! I didn't need that kind of stimulation right then. I did figure out how to turn it off.

2022 Palisade Calligraphy aka “The Pearl”- Love, love, love this vehicle and what I don’t like are just little nitpicks.

The mirrors can’t be folded in electronically. For a vehicle with pretty much all the bells and whistles this seems a weird thing to leave out.

Wireless charging but no wireless CarPlay. Pretty sure this was a low on chips pandemic thing.

PAAK only works with Android. This one actually made me a little mad because I was led to believe it would work with any smartphone.

You can’t turn on the seat fans/heaters when you start remotely. Again, everything indicates you can until you get to the very, very fine print.

Fifty billion and one ways to do the same thing. I don’t need two rows of knobs that do the same thing that the steering wheel and infotainment system does. Take a row out and give me bigger vents.

Drops back into “Comfort” if you put it into anything other than “Smart.” Smart as it turns out is actually pretty smart though so I just leave her there.

Like I said, just little nits. Overall she’s my dream vehicle. My brother has a Chevy Traverse which is in the same class and I almost bought one until I spent the day riding around with him. The Palisade is much more spacious and comfortable IMO.

That my husband and I are sharing one. 2019 Honda Fit. DD's in college and her car irreparably broke down (I never even heard of an "engine cradle," but apparently they don't make them for the 2009 (or so) Nissan Versa anymore.

I just want a beater that will get me from point A to point B without having to schedule it with my husband.

DD's done in December. I want to pay down my two credit cards first, and then we'll save up for another car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter