Think you may have already had Coronavirus?

M
We have been seeing new reports in the news of new symptoms like loss of taste/ smell, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea which has everyone here thinking we may have possibly had it unknowingly.

My dh and I went on a cruise Feb 5-17 that was from Miami. After we disembarked, my dh flew home to Mass. and I stayed I in FL to meet my daughter who flew in for February break. She is a teacher. At the time I mentioned to my dh that I felt like I might be getting a chest cold but ignored it since it didn’t get worse and I had no other symptoms besides feeling a little something in my chest.

My daughter and I then came home on the 21st. The following week my youngest daughter was on Spring Break and we decided to do an impromptu road trip to Florida from Massachusetts. This was around the end of Feb. and the first week of March.

We had a great time until March 5 when I woke up in Orlando violently ill with both vomiting and diarrhea. It was the sickest I could ever remember being and was nonstop for well over 24 hours. We somehow made it home a few days later and my daughter went back to school. The very next day she called me vomiting, etc.. I went and picked her up and she was violently ill for the next day. While I was picking her up my other daughter who lives at home called and said she was sick too. So the both of them were sick at the same time with one worse than the other. My dh didn’t feel great either but he literally just slept the entire next day which is unheard of for him and then he was fine. I am still feeling like I am getting a chest cold a month later. It is just a slight feeling in my chest with no other symptoms.

So the last week or so we have been at home away from people and two days ago we get a text from one of my daughters friends that she woke up throwing up with diarrhea. She has been violently ill the last two days and we havent heard if anyone else in her house has it. No one from our family has been around her in weeks because she was away at college and since came home. So we know we didn’t pass it to her.

Now we are all wondering....was it just a really bad stomach bug or this stupid virus? Is it manifesting this way now in more people? Normally I would discount it but the fact that I still feel like I’m getting a chest cold and my daughters friend has the exact same symptoms makes us wonder.

Anyone else have weird sickness or something similar lately? Wonder if we will ever know.

Needless to stay we don’t want to be sick again so we are staying home.p which is easy because we all work at schools which are closed.

Stay healthy everyone!

My husband works in NYC and sometime earlier this year had those similar type symptoms, diarrhea, some chest pain and very very tired and also a headache for about a week which he never gets. So we have been also wondering if diarrhea is a symptom more than they have been saying. I also want to mention that they wouldn't test him at the time even tho he tried to get the test.

We were at Disneyland at the end of January/early February. Flew through LAX. About 5 days after the flight, my husband came down with a fever and a cough. I actually bought a thermometer and a pulse oximeter on the trip, because he's a dork who refuses to go to doctors, and I had to know if it was bad enough to override his decision on that. We drove to Phoenix, and he spent that whole portion of our vacation in bed at our hotel, not visiting his family. So . . . maybe. We did look it all up and thought it sounded like it could be the new disease, but at the time, they said unless you've been to Wuhan China, it was the flu. I developed a minor cough that nagged for weeks, but nothing else. When they get a reliable antibody test, if he tests positive, I'll test myself as well.

My husband works in NYC and sometime earlier this year had those similar type symptoms, diarrhea, some chest pain and very very tired and also a headache for about a week which he never gets. So we have been also wondering if diarrhea is a symptom more than they have been saying. I also want to mention that they wouldn't test him at the time even tho he tried to get the test.

Diarrhea could also be a side effect of the medications you take to mitigate the other symptoms; who knows? I'm glad he's feeling better.

Diarrhea could also be a side effect of the medications you take to mitigate the other symptoms; who knows? I'm glad he's feeling better.

No, he did not take any medication except Tylenol and it was the first symptom. My husband never took any other meds for this, they never tested him for Covid either and we are in NY and he works in NYC they should have.

We were in WDW the 3rd week of January and my husband and best friend got super sick towards the end of the trip. Fevers, sweats, dry cough, chills, and super exhausted. They both missed days of work immediately after being on vacation for a week 😂
We live in Washington about 1.5 hours from where they first started finding Covid cases in the US. Looking back my husband kept saying he thought that's what it was and I kept dismissing it being like 'ya, right, it wasn't even in the US yet' but the more they find cases that were positive earlier and earlier the more I think he may have been right.

Unless I have had it and been completely asymptomatic (possible of course), no I do not think I have had it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter