Third DCL ship

myfourkitties

Mouseketeer
On our 10/25/02 Western cruise, one of the CM's at the theater tour told us that he could now let us know that there is a third DCL ship in the works, but he couldn't say any more. Does anyone know anything else, like what its itinerary is?

When this came up at the Castaway Club reception on our cruise this past week, they said that they are in the "design phase" of the third ship... but that once the design is decided upon, it will still be at least three years before a ship is ready. So I imagine they have lots of time to work out an itinerary. :)

-gina-

I hope that they locate the Vista Spa somewhere other than under the basketball courts for the third ship!!

Maybe we can give suggestions!

Rae

I vote for nicer pool areas....with a retractable roof like on some other cruise ships...this way you could swim when the weather was not so great!!!

MJ

I happen to love the DCL ships, but there is always room for suggestions! :)
I think my main suggestion would be to make the family (Goofy) pool larger! It is so small to be considered a "family" pool. And a "family" water slide would be a wonderful addition.

I also agree with moving the spa so that it is not under the basketball courts.

I also thing Shutters needs to be enlarged and/or set up differently.

Otherwise, love the ships and cannot wait until there is a 3rd one! :)

Kamy

While (as usual) I'll believe a new ship is on the way when a shipyard claims to be building one, I'd love to play the suggestion game.

- I think that the Promenade lounge could be made into something else, or two somethings else. It's a large area that goes mainly unused, except when people are waiting to debark.

- I love the ESPN Sky Box, but since there are long periods of time when they can't get anything in, and they can't (or won't) purchase the rights to show NFL games, I can see why they would re-think this. I'd rather they increase the programming and maybe introduce some better beer. I think it would then be a more popular place.

- I would like to see an actual ship's library, rather than the afterthought they have now.

- Move Common Grounds to EPSN.

- Make the old Common Ground's into a Coffee Shop / Library.

- Change Promenade into Card & Games / SportsLounge.

I love the library and the coffee shop idea! Maybe Common Grounds could be turned into a library/coffee shop!

On our 7 day cruise, we decided to 'borrow' a book from the library. I hardly had anything there! I should have brought my own book. DH did find something he liked, but I didn't. Next time I know to bring my own. But I would love to see a comfortable coffee shop where you could sit and read and relax.
DJ

-maybe a second alternative adults only restaurant....like a steakhouse?

-more shopping, perhaps a promenade like on the RCCL Voyager class ships

Love the second adult-only restaurant idea and the coffee shop!

Rae

The following is pasted from the Beer thread:

"Maybe DCL can be the first to offer a micro brewery at sea. Instead of upturned noses at the wine/champagne tastings and classes they could offer beer making afloat 101 and have upturned stiens. If they do, you heard it here first!!"

Imagine...............Mickey Mouse Malt at the HofbrauHaus or maybe even Castaway Cay's Rasta Rootbeer, ya mon!!

A real Oktoberfest, ehhhh? Send some of that great German black beer my way, folks!

Rae

Wow, those are some great suggestions, especially the microbrewery! I did read another thread saying they are going to revamp the Magic when it goes into drydock in September. They are moving Common Grounds to the ESPN Skybox. I can't remember what else they said. I would also love to see an intro to Tae Bo, Tai Chi, and/or yoga.

Love the coffee-house/library idea!

I checked on the library/game room on our last cruise and had a similar opinion. "what books?" Maybe we should all bring our own books, read them and then donate them to the DCL library.

Same Thread/New Topic: Anybody want to say what they think/hope the new itinerary might be? I'm wondering about Alaska or Hawaii, but of course it wouldn't really be possible to get to Castaway Cay. Jamaica perhaps? Someone even speculated an European itinerary!

when i went in aug 2002 , rachel the cruise director said that they were planning to have the 3rd one to go to alaska!!!!

Ok...... my two cents worth.......... use a floor covering on the top deck which mutes, or eliminates, the noise heard in the cabins directly below. The wood decking on the current ships looks very nice, but if you're in a cabin on deck 8, they can be VERY noisey!!

I need my beauty sleep you know (at least DW and DS would say so)..........

It might also be nice to move the suites to a middle deck, like Carnival does.

OH NOOOOOO!!

Never remove the wood teak decking on the ships. That is a wonderful thing about the old liners.

We've sailed with other lines where the decks are not Teak decking and it just sanitizes the atmosphere. That and no wrap around Promenade are two pet peeves of mine with teh new ships.

Originally posted by myfourkitties
Same Thread/New Topic: Anybody want to say what they think/hope the new itinerary might be?
West coast US - land & sea with Disneyland package would make the most sense.
I would love a Panama Canal cruise on DCL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter