This Is So Frickin Frustrating!

I feel like this bug may have come into play once they introduced the 50% borrow limit...does that sound right?

Disney legit needs to fire their CTO and web/app leadership team. This well-known, well-documented bug has been around for years now and has resulted in thousands upon thousands of extra hours on the phone with member services, but they can't fix it. I guarantee it would not be that difficult to diagnose and fix (they could easily look at their logs and see the thousands of errors and what triggered them), but they just are unwilling to put literally *any* effort into the website. The dumbest part is that our dues pay for the site, so it wouldn't even "cost" them any extra because they pass that cost onto us. Unbelievable.

Not surprising though, since they consistently have problems with the rest of their websites / apps as well. Think of websites like Gmail, Google Maps, Google Docs, Netflix, Facebook, YouTube, Slack, etc. When is the last time you got a fatal error on one of those sites? Literally never and they're each 100x more complicated than the DVC site. It is very, very, very achievable to have a working DVC website (and MDE app), but they are just unwilling or too incompetent to make it happen.

Yes, the issue seemed to appear at the time they set up the online system to restrict the borrowing to 50%. Maybe they didn't tell the programmers that everyone is allowed to borrow like they seemed to forget to tell them that there are grandfathered resale owners who get blue cards and should have Y's instead of ND's on their mobile cards.:rolleyes:

T
I've been trying to book a reservation using borrowed points for about 3 days now. Dwarves every time, doesn't matter if I hit back. No other way to borrow points besides during the reservation process. Call member services and am told it's a 54-minute wait with no call back option. Finally call back member services once I have 90 minutes free, enter all my details for 5 minutes, and then have the automated voice tell me nobody is available and to call back later, *click*. So much for Disney being an "experience" company.
Thats RIDICULOUS. The real problem here is that Disney is NOT fixing the issue. it’s been like this forever! I’ve emailed them and chatted with them about it over 20 times so far hoping they will eventually get the message and do SOMETHING. Also, why the heck is the top of the world lounge still not open but the Epcot one is? And why can’t resell members go to the Epcot lounge while the BLT one is down?

T

Thats RIDICULOUS. The real problem here is that Disney is NOT fixing the issue. it’s been like this forever! I’ve emailed them and chatted with them about it over 20 times so far hoping they will eventually get the message and do SOMETHING. Also, why the heck is the top of the world lounge still not open but the Epcot one is? And why can’t resell members go to the Epcot lounge while the BLT one is down?

The BLT lounge is commercial space leased to Disney. As owners, we have no right to that space. It doesn’t ever have to be something for DVC.

The Epcot lounge Is provided as a membership perk to certain owners. That is run and paid for via DVD.

One has nothing to do with the other.

I'll go out on a limb here and just say it. "Glitch" is just a Disney pixie dust term to make it all seem like a minor issue. Disney has software system problems/failures. Glitches are temporary. As most software programmers know "garbage in, garbage out." I just needed to vent on the word 'glitch' which is really, really beginning to annoy me! Thanks! I'll now leave the room..... :badpc:

The BLT lounge is commercial space leased to Disney. As owners, we have no right to that space. It doesn’t ever have to be something for DVC.

The Epcot lounge Is provided as a membership perk to certain owners. That is run and paid for via DVD.

One has nothing to do with the other.
I dont care who how where why disney leases the BLT lounge from, it should be open.

We dont have the right to ANY DVC perks, but does that excuse make it the right thing to do? As a business, would you really want to take away these little perks from your most loyal customers? Thats a pretty bad look.

And I dont want to hear the pendemic excuse crap from Disney anymore. Its clear that is not a problem for them.

I dont care who how where why disney leases the BLT lounge from, it should be open.

We dont have the right to ANY DVC perks, but does that excuse make it the right thing to do? As a business, would you really want to take away these little perks from your most loyal customers? Thats a pretty bad look.

And I dont want to hear the pendemic excuse crap from Disney anymore. Its clear that is not a problem for them.

You are missing the point I was making. BLT lounge, other than being located in a DVC building, is no different than any other place for food and drinks that Disney runs. It is not DVC and Disney has decided it is not profitable to open right now. Just like there are still other places not open around WDW.

Some owners are not aware of that. They think it’s meant to be a DVC perk. You certainly can be upset that DIsney parks has not opened all their lounges, but you had related it to the Epcot lounge which is completely different situation. That is run by DVD, for certain owners, not DPEP who controls the rest.

Disney can decide to open it up for paid events if they want, they can open it to all or simply never open it again. As owners, we have no more say fo them opening that then we do for them to have characters at restaurants.

Last edited:
I'll go out on a limb here and just say it. "Glitch" is just a Disney pixie dust term to make it all seem like a minor issue. Disney has software system problems/failures. Glitches are temporary. As most software programmers know "garbage in, garbage out." I just needed to vent on the word 'glitch' which is really, really beginning to annoy me! Thanks! I'll now leave the room..... :badpc:

You are missing the point I was making. BLT lounge, other than being located in a DVC building, is no different than any other place for food and drinks that Disney runs. It is not DVC and Disney has decided it is not profitable to open right now. Just like there are still other places not open around WDW.

Some owners are not aware of that. They think it’s meant to be a DVC perk. You certainly can be upset that DIsney parks has not opened all their lounges, but you had related it to the Epcot lounge which is completely different situation. That is run by DVD, for certain owners, not DPEP who controls the rest.

Disney can decide to open it up for paid events if they want, they can open it to all or simply never open it again. As owners, we have no more say fo them opening that then we do for them to have characters at restaurants.

Oh I thought only DVC can access the BLT lounge that’s why I thought it was a perk. If everyone can access it just like any other lounge then my mistake (I’ve only been a member for 2 years and was really excited to visit the lounge).

I’d like to add “It was a miscommunication“ to that list that really gets me mad. Just a way of avoiding taking ownership of a mistake and saying I’m sorry.

Oh I thought only DVC can access the BLT lounge that’s why I thought it was a perk. If everyone can access it just like any other lounge then my mistake (I’ve only been a member for 2 years and was really excited to visit the lounge).

Prior to the shut down, they did limit it to DVC...but they didn't have to make it exclusive. It was the choice of Disney to make it DVC only. However, they have held paid events there from time to time, and since the shut down, have opened the observation deck twice (with a portable cart selling drinks) so far but limited to just guests at BLT.

Basically, Disney gets to decide how to run it. Of course, we all hope that it comes back for DVC, but IMO, I don't think it will. I think it will become a paid event only space except for a few times a year like it did in 2021.

Prior to the shut down, they did limit it to DVC...but they didn't have to make it exclusive. It was the choice of Disney to make it DVC only. However, they have held paid events there from time to time, and since the shut down, have opened the observation deck twice (with a portable cart selling drinks) so far but limited to just guests at BLT.

Basically, Disney gets to decide how to run it. Of course, we all hope that it comes back for DVC, but IMO, I don't think it will. I think it will become a paid event only space except for a few times a year like it did in 2021.

It may be that it was part of the contract between DVC and Disney that it be limited to DVC only to have something to offer as a perk to members. We don't know what that contract stated.

It may be that it was part of the contract between DVC and Disney that it be limited to DVC only to have something to offer as a perk to members. We don't know what that contract stated.

No, we don’t. But it doesn’t matter because it’s leased as commercial space to Disney and they get to set the terms.

The point still is that it is not something we have any control over as owners.

No, we don’t. But it doesn’t matter because it’s leased as commercial space to Disney and they get to set the terms.

The point still is that it is not something we have any control over as owners.

Correct but the point was that it may not be as simple as Disney food and beverage gets to decide cart blanche. For example there may be a clause that doesn't allow them to open it up to anyone and everyone but it might does allow them to just not operate it.

Correct but the point was that it may not be as simple as Disney food and beverage gets to decide cart blanche. For example there may be a clause that doesn't allow them to open it up to anyone and everyone but it might does allow them to just not operate it.

That was what I was told when I inquired about it a few years back. Disney gets to set the rules. Whether it has changed or not, I don’t know.

I'll go out on a limb here and just say it. "Glitch" is just a Disney pixie dust term to make it all seem like a minor issue. Disney has software system problems/failures.

Ran into this issue today trying to book Kidani Village 2-BR. Was told via the chat tool that the issue is with resale members and how their points are converted after the purchase is completed. Cast member was kind enough to get the points borrowed and make the reservation for me.

As for the various Disney sites themselves...an entity as large as this one, I can't get a grasp on just how bad these websites are.

In the end, and IMO, they have no intention of doing anything to make life even a bit more convenient for those that purchased via resale.

Just click back and then click book again. Works every time. It's not a grand conspiracy against resale buyers, it's just a glitchy website. I just borrowed resale points to book Animal Kingdom yesterday, then modified to add a night this morning, borrowing more points.
Just had this happen to me this AM (Direct Owner) and did exactly what you mentioned above and it worked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter