This is Us- Season six

I enjoyed the episode. I like when they set things up just as much as the action-packed episodes... I think that the caboose theory is pretty darn clever and adds poignancy to the story.

At this point I think that Kevin realized that it wasn't healthy for him to stay in the same house/garage(?) as Madison because she's ready to move on. I also believe she's in Kate's wedding because they're best friends (outside Madison's relationship with Kevin) and Kevin and Madison have remained on good terms.

Then again, This is Us is great at misdirection, so I'm enjoying the ride.

I enjoyed the episode. I like when they set things up just as much as the action-packed episodes... I think that the caboose theory is pretty darn clever and adds poignancy to the story.

At this point I think that Kevin realized that it wasn't healthy for him to stay in the same house/garage(?) as Madison because she's ready to move on. I also believe she's in Kate's wedding because they're best friends (outside Madison's relationship with Kevin) and Kevin and Madison have remained on good terms.

Then again, This is Us is great at misdirection, so I'm enjoying the ride.

I thought the same thing, that Madison is Kate's maid of honor. Love to see that Nicky found love. (in the final scene last season, he is running through the hallway at the hotel holding up a bag and said "sorry I'm late, the wife needed stockings.")

I keep hoping Kevin and Madison end up together. It does look like Kate is marrying her boss. I just don't know how they are going to get us to get behind this in just one season. I can't imagine wanting her to be with anyone but Toby.

I keep hoping Kevin and Madison end up together. It does look like Kate is marrying her boss. I just don't know how they are going to get us to get behind this in just one season. I can't imagine wanting her to be with anyone but Toby.

My theory, worth what you paid for it: Toby loses his job and spirals into a depression, causing him to leave Kate. Or her to leave him because she can't deal with 2 young children and take care of him, too.

I want him to be with Madison too. I like Kate's boss but then I liked him on Million Little Things before he showed up on This Is Us so I think that's why. In the flash forward didn't Kevin say something about "Mom" to little Nicky? So that would mean that he's married to someone and if Nicky calls her Mom then it's likely it would be Madison??? Maybe? Of course, with this show it could be all to throw us off.

I'm going a different route and saying Kate cheats on Toby. Which leads to Toby downsprial.

I’m very worried that Miguel is going to die unexpectedly, and it’s going to be crushing. I really hope that doesn’t happen.
I think it will definitely happen. Rebecca mentioned to Sally and then to Miguel how he is going to have such a hard road ahead dealing with her Alzheimer's. I think they will kill him off and then Kevin will become her main caretaker.

I’m so happy for Nicky!

I’m very worried that Miguel is going to die unexpectedly, and it’s going to be crushing. I really hope that doesn’t happen.

Remember the song Kate and Toby's Jack sang a.couple of seasons ago. The creator of This Is Us has said it was laden with clues to the end of the series.

I had already noticed before he said that thar Miguel's image is softened out and in the background of the one scene he was in - almost separated from Rebecca, simply due to the sunlight coming in the window. It stood out to me as imagery.

I think he will die before her.

Remember the song Kate and Toby's Jack sang a.couple of seasons ago. The creator of This Is Us has said it was laden with clues to the end of the series.
I found the lyrics. The song is called "Memorized"

Verse 1

Can one wrong turn give me new direction?

Can one false move bring you one true friend?

Could a stranger ever end up being you?

Verse 2

We took it back in all directions

Reaching out towards the door

Is there a message, a pathway, of something more?

Pre-Chorus

Oh, in the quiet way you caught my eye

Oh, got enough to get you memorized

Chorus

I found my way, I found my way to you

Verse 3

I told a story before I knew the ending

I got an answer before I heard the question

How did a stranger ever end up being you?

Pre-Chorus

Oh, in the quiet way you caught my eye

Oh, got enough to get you memorized

Chorus

Chorus

I thought the episode was mesmerisingly beautiful, with every storyline.

My mother had dementia for close to twenty years. Some episodes are too much for me, Rebecca's hands in the fast-forwards do me in. But tonight I saw the loosening of boundaries, that dementia brings. Most times that part brings the worst of dementia. Horrendous moments.
But it can also bring some subtle moments where one can openly sigh, smile and breathe.

Last edited:
Since we still have not seen Kate in any of the flash forwards and she wasn't at the birth of her granddaughter, do we think she is dead at this point in the flash forward?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter