This is Us- Season six

They implied that his daughters were there. My guess is that they didn't want to have to recast them as 5 years older just for an episode or two.

That makes sense, and was my first thought, too. --- Then I wondered why they didn't just use the actresses from the "cabin" flash forward and make them up / dress them down in age (kind of how adults were always cast in the classic "teen" movies). --- Then I realized I was thinking too much. :rotfl:

That makes sense, and was my first thought, too. --- Then I wondered why they didn't just use the actresses from the "cabin" flash forward and make them up / dress them down in age (kind of how adults were always cast in the classic "teen" movies). --- Then I realized I was thinking too much. :rotfl:

We have all been overthinking this show from the first episode LOL

Why not. AOC was a bartender and then a US Congress woman. There are several other examples of people going fast through the political ranks that have less experence than Randall.
The House is not the same as the Senate.

Speaking of aging up, I was thinking last night how we no longer see the pre-teen Big Three. We see the little ones, the teens, and the adults but the kids who played the pre-teens must look too old now. The boy who played Randall was great! I miss seeing him.

Can we please not keep discussing politics? I don’t want that to be the reason a mod decides to shut down the thread. I know it probably wouldn’t happen because there’s no arguing but I want this thread to go on for years LOL

Speaking of aging up, I was thinking last night how we no longer see the pre-teen Big Three. We see the little ones, the teens, and the adults but the kids who played the pre-teens must look too old now. The boy who played Randall was great! I miss seeing him.
So, apparently they had pre-filmed quite a bit for the series finale a while ago and they will allegedly be a part of the finale. I am saddened though we didn't get one final big episode with them.

I'm a nurse. Been working with Dementia patients for over 20 years. I think we just have to suspend our disbelief about the Jack/Kevin thing. We are just supposed to pretend that they look and act alike. As a nurse, it just drives me crazy when shows get medical things wrong.

Anyway, I'll check out that article.
But they don’t necessarily need to look alike. I do think Kevin has enough of Jacks personality to make him a substitute. MIL did that with one of my sons and DH so it’s believable for me.

Last edited:
Can we please not keep discussing politics? I don’t want that to be the reason a mod decides to shut down the thread. I know it probably wouldn’t happen because there’s no arguing but I want this thread to go on for years LOL
Nobody was discussing politics. We were discussing a plot point and whether it's believable (like a few other plot points we've discussed in terms of believability). And there's no reason for that to become political.

Also loved Madison and Beth, they are great together.
I can't figure out which one Kevin will be with. I honestly wanted it to be Madison, but I guess that is definitely out of the question.
It's true that you should always agree with the person with Alzheimer's, but since this was the first time that Rebecca confused Jack like that and seemed so out of the blue, I'll give Randall a pass. I'm sure from here on out all of them will now be prepared for something like that. It's hard not to correct someone with something so out there, it's definitely something you have to constantly remind yourself not to do.
I hate this show is ending. I have really enjoyed it.

I loved this episode! Like everybody else, Madison & Beth together is magic. Beth has been my favorite from the start and remains there.

This episode hits close to home. My dad is currently being tested for Parkinson’s and the hand tremor is the thing that started it all. Randall’s speech - I have one graduating high school in 36 days and parents aging faster than I can keep up with. All the feels.

I ugly cried during Rebecca’s song. While anecdotal, I have experience with a family member confusing somebody for their spouse at the end of their dementia journey and the person wasn’t even related. So while it might not be the norm, it’s certainly not unheard of.

Once again, the writers hit it out of the park. The cast brought it all to the table. And like last week, I’m equal parts ready to see how it all plays out and sad that I feel like I’m losing friends when it ends.

Last edited:
So, apparently they had pre-filmed quite a bit for the series finale a while ago and they will allegedly be a part of the finale. I am saddened though we didn't get one final big episode with them.

I bet the finale is going to be so much more than we could have even imagined.
Nobody was discussing politics. We were discussing a plot point and whether it's believable (like a few other plot points we've discussed in terms of believability). And there's no reason for that to become political.

Fair enough.

I didn't love it. Beth and Madison were hilarious but I thought they were just too goofy for the normal style of writing on the show. And who takes pictures and reads someone's love letter (if that was that was. I bet that was something to do with the wedding singer writing a song or something).

Milo with the Tom Selleck mustache cracked me up. I was trying to remember old flashbacks but they all run together. Didn't he have a drinking problem when the kids were about 6? If that's the case, I thought he was a little too in control for these 6 year old scenes. But I like his comments about his childhood.

I'm not sure why Rebecca would have sung that particular.song to little kids but I liked it for this season of her life.

And why were there more glimpses of the twins than Kate's kids? It really bugged me that Kate's kids weren't even in the family photo.

I didn't love it. Beth and Madison were hilarious but I thought they were just too goofy for the normal style of writing on the show. And who takes pictures and reads someone's love letter (if that was that was. I bet that was something to do with the wedding singer writing a song or something).

Milo with the Tom Selleck mustache cracked me up. I was trying to remember old flashbacks but they all run together. Didn't he have a drinking problem when the kids were about 6? If that's the case, I thought he was a little too in control for these 6 year old scenes. But I like his comments about his childhood.

I'm not sure why Rebecca would have sung that particular.song to little kids but I liked it for this season of her life.

And why were there more glimpses of the twins than Kate's kids? It really bugged me that Kate's kids weren't even in the family photo.
I thought that was Kate’s kids in the family photo-looked like the young actress playing Hailey.
Also could’ve just been the shots the editor went with. Various factors could lead to that

Also could’ve just been the shots the editor went with. Various factors could lead to that
Yes, I wasn't paying close enough attention during the photo (watching Rebecca's face) but I know all the little kids were portrayed as in attendance - we saw Jack and Hailey in the actual wedding, and we saw Madison getting the twins clothes to get them ready, and I think we saw them seated at the reception.

I loved this episode! Like everybody else, Madison & Beth together is magic. Beth has been my favorite from the start and remains there.
In our little office discussion group we all despised Beth from the beginning. It wasn't until the first Christmas episode when everyone just showed up at Beth and Randall's house (when Toby had his heart attack) that I mentioned Beth was growing on me. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy! Of course we all love her now. I'll have to go back and watch the first few episodes as we all had her pegged as the villain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter