• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

This is Us- Season six

How did I not know this thread existed? How?
Anyway late to the game but this season has been interesting watching as the child of someone with dementia but also an only child. Not sure if having siblings would be easier or harder.
I think I rewatched the conversation between Kevin and Randall at the end about 5 times plus paused on that last family shot to see who was there.
Not sure how I will stomach next weeks episode but it will definitely be a day time watch!

Anyway late to the game but this season has been interesting watching as the child of someone with dementia but also an only child. Not sure if having siblings would be easier or harder.
I think I rewatched the conversation between Kevin and Randall at the end about 5 times plus paused on that last family shot to see who was there.
Not sure how I will stomach next weeks episode but it will definitely be a day time watch!

As an only child, I hear you! I've been watching many friends/family members dealing with situations like this and I, too, have to wonder if it's a help or hindrance to have siblings. I think in the best family dynamics, it's a good thing, but most of the people I'm observing have such dysfunctional relationships with their siblings that it seems like a nightmare. As for the Pearson siblings, they have their issues; however, they basically have a good relationship with each other and can work through it.

:welcome:

As an only child, I hear you! I've been watching many friends/family members dealing with situations like this and I, too, have to wonder if it's a help or hindrance to have siblings. I think in the best family dynamics, it's a good thing, but most of the people I'm observing have such dysfunctional relationships with their siblings that it seems like a nightmare. As for the Pearson siblings, they have their issues; however, they basically have a good relationship with each other and can work through it.

Everything has pluses and minuses. Only children do not have the respite needed from a loved one (nor do some with siblings sometimes!). Or the cherished ear, of a sibling.
But they can focus on the matter at hand, without having to deal with other people's feelings and the sometimes awful manifestations of those feelings. That part was always more tiring than caregiving, which says a lot.

But I did want to point something out -

One does not have to have a dysfunctional relationship with siblings to suffer through things. I loved my siblings - and in-laws - before all this happened. And I love them now, after my parents' death. We somehow got through it all. Barely, but we did.

Love - and a lack of dysfunction - does not protect a soul from serious issues during these challenging times.

And it can bring out the worst parts of us all.

Last edited:

Welcome! We’ve been here for all six seasons. If you want to see how much discussion and sleuthing there has been, they’re all worth a long read. Search this is us title only and they should all pop up.

Welcome! We’ve been here for all six seasons. If you want to see how much discussion and sleuthing there has been, they’re all worth a long read. Search this is us title only and they should all pop up.

I’ll add that the thread for either season four or five starts halfway through the season because the original one got deleted in a board migration or update.

Not what I expected, did we really need the other family in there?

I really wanted to see the baby that died. It was nice to see the doctor again.

The kids all at different ages was nice to see too. I guess she didn’t touch anyone, but Miguel’s was so fast.

Not sure why but it didn’t make me sad at all. I remember being with my siblings when my mom died. We shared stories but in the room with her. It kind of surprised me they all went to bed.

Is that the last we see them than, did Toby go home? He was funny when he asked her if he was the favourite…..yes Toby I said out loud…lol

Well have to hunt down the previews for the last one now. What is left?

It was beautiful but I thought it would hit me more and it didn’t. I was more upset with Jack and Miguel’s deaths. Maybe because I knew it was coming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter