This Is Us- Season two

What a good episode!!

Not much to add except I laughed out loud when Beth suggested taking ecstasy and going to see the guy who was eaten by a lion LOL

My heart melted when Jack told Rebecca that he sees her every day and that she is his meteor shower.

Also Ron Howard telling Kevin to buy a tux!! I don’t know if I can handle seeing him all fancied up.

ETA- I was thinking about Justin/Kevin and I honestly don’t know if I would be attracted to Justin if I saw him in a different show or movie. Sure, I’d think wow, he’s hot but then I’d move on. I think I am attracted to Justin/Kevin because of his personality and his flaws. It’s definitely the whole package.

Yes, i am lusting after a fictional character LOL

Last edited:
I found the big 3 so annoying in the first half of this episode. They all just seemed so self-centered. Almost the opposite of Jack. The two brothers completely walk out on their future brother-in-laws bachelor party. And both did it for selfish reasons. There was nothing Randall could do for Deja that night and Kevin had a disappointment but you suck it up for the sake of your sister. And Randall coming in to get Beth at the strip club was just stupid. Once again, nothing they could do anyways till the next day so why not let Beth have some much needed fun? She is the "head" because someone has to be. Someone has to hold down a job and worry about the kids that they already have. She was also trying to bond with Kate, who apparently has avoided her over the years, and Randall ruined that for her. They got together later but Beth had already missed out on the bachelorette party.

They all got better in the second half of the episode but I found them all really unlikeable in the first half.

I found the big 3 so annoying in the first half of this episode. They all just seemed so self-centered. Almost the opposite of Jack. The two brothers completely walk out on their future brother-in-laws bachelor party. And both did it for selfish reasons. There was nothing Randall could do for Deja that night and Kevin had a disappointment but you suck it up for the sake of your sister. And Randall coming in to get Beth at the strip club was just stupid. Once again, nothing they could do anyways till the next day so why not let Beth have some much needed fun? She is the "head" because someone has to be. Someone has to hold down a job and worry about the kids that they already have. She was also trying to bond with Kate, who apparently has avoided her over the years, and Randall ruined that for her. They got together later but Beth had already missed out on the bachelorette party.

They all got better in the second half of the episode but I found them all really unlikeable in the first half.

Interesting thoughts. I found the Beth/Randall/Kate story hitting a little close for home. I am definitely the head of our household, and my husband is the heart. I’m the heart too, but I definitely keep things sailing smoothly.

In Randall and Kevin's defense, they didn't know that those other guys weren't Toby's best buds. So, I'm sure they didn't think much about leaving since his buddies were with him.

In Randall and Kevin's defense, they didn't know that those other guys weren't Toby's best buds. So, I'm sure they didn't think much about leaving since his buddies were with him.
Randall and Beth have been married at least 10-12 years and isn't it odd that Kate was not part of their lives? They only saw each other at Thanksgiving. Kate is in California and Randall is in NJ. It baffles me.

Also Ron Howard telling Kevin to buy a tux!!

:laughing: That will be a great scene for us, but I was also just really happy that something good looks to be happening for the character. The more we see the flashbacks, the more I think Kevin got the short end of the deal as a kid.

Justin Hartley is just so hot. I told my DH last night that if I was ever going to leave him for a celebrity, it would probably be Justin Hartley. DH just laughed at me.

If you haven't, you may want to check out Bad Moms 2. Recently had an opportunity to watch it with my friends on girls' night and I had completely forgotten he was in it until there he was. The fact that he has clearly cemented himself into my mind as Kevin Pearson, including a childhood persona, left me channeling the voice of the mother in Home Alone during one of his scenes -- Kevin!!!!

I was so frustrated when Kevin and Randall ducked out of the bachelor dinner. We only heard Randall's perspective on the invite, but he clearly felt he was only invited as a courtesy, not understanding that he was genuinely a very desired guest. The fact that they both tried to make it right helped a lot. The fact that it resulted in such an honest moment between the three of them was so satisfying -- as was Kate and Beth's meeting of the minds/hearts. In the rehab episode we got insight into Miguel, Beth and Toby's feelings of being on the outside looking in. We've seen Miguel make some inroads, and now we get to see Beth and Toby make it past the gates as well.

If you haven't, you may want to check out Bad Moms 2. Recently had an opportunity to watch it with my friends on girls' night and I had completely forgotten he was in it until there he was. The fact that he has clearly cemented himself into my mind as Kevin Pearson, including a childhood persona, left me channeling the voice of the mother in Home Alone during one of his scenes -- Kevin!!!!

I can never unsee that LOL, his scenes were so squirm-inducing LOL. I love Bad Moms!

Randall and Beth have been married at least 10-12 years and isn't it odd that Kate was not part of their lives? They only saw each other at Thanksgiving. Kate is in California and Randall is in NJ. It baffles me.

That's what happens to lots of families that aren't geographically close. I'm in NJ and have a brother/SIL in California. I saw my brother in August but haven't seen my SIL in a few years. We keep in touch but it's expensive flying a whole family across country.

You can be part of someone's life without spending a lot of physical time with them. I'd drop everything if needed and I know they'd do the same for us.

On an aside, am I they only one that isn't a Jack fan? Superficially his hair skeeves me but more seriously I don't see him parenting his kids. He wants to be their buddy and parents like that bug me.

That's what happens to lots of families that aren't geographically close. I'm in NJ and have a brother/SIL in California. I saw my brother in August but haven't seen my SIL in a few years. We keep in touch but it's expensive flying a whole family across country.

You can be part of someone's life without spending a lot of physical time with them. I'd drop everything if needed and I know they'd do the same for us.

On an aside, am I they only one that isn't a Jack fan? Superficially his hair skeeves me but more seriously I don't see him parenting his kids. He wants to be their buddy and parents like that bug me.

That was their dynamic. Rebecca was always the strict one and Jack was the fun one. They showed it so many times where Rebecca tried to discipline and Jack sweeps in and diffuses it and sides with the kids.

I thought next week's preview was strange, showing an old Jack. Must be Rebecca's dream or daydream. I was surprised that next week is the finale.

hmmm

Not my favourite episode, but still good.

It was interesting to see what was going on Pearson-ville at the same time as Deja’s timeline.

I hope Deja now stays with Randall and Beth for good.

No, I really dislike how he tries to be their friend instead of parent. And I'm not thrilled with the way the show romanticizes it. It's definitely not fair to Rebecca. Then when he was gone, she was left with all the baggage from that. Everyone likes to give Rebecca a hard time for her interactions with the kids. Honestly, I'm surprised she did as well with them as she did while being bad cop to Jack's good cop.

I really didn't enjoy last night episode. I'm more interested in the big 3 and their past as well as Jack's past. Hopefully I'll like next week's episode!

That was their dynamic. Rebecca was always the strict one and Jack was the fun one. They showed it so many times where Rebecca tried to discipline and Jack sweeps in and diffuses it and sides with the kids.
It's probably the dynamic in a lot of families. But was Rebecca the strict one because she like it? Or because Jack's choice to be the fun one made it necessary?

I really didn't enjoy last night episode. I'm more interested in the big 3 and their past as well as Jack's past. Hopefully I'll like next week's episode!

I agree - not a big fan of last night's episode. Too much jumping around and trying to tie all the different eras together, but it felt disjointed to me.

Last night's episode was not my favorite. TBH I found it incredibly boring and not much more than a repeat of past scenes. I do hope that Deja's mom will allow her to stay this time. She deserves a normal life.

hmmm

Not my favourite episode, but still good.

It was interesting to see what was going on Pearson-ville at the same time as Deja’s timeline.

I hope Deja now stays with Randall and Beth for good.
I don't know, seems strange that the story line would wrap up so fast. I am on a Group on Facebook, and
everyone really freaked out how her mom let her alone with the boyfriend and 2 guys in the apartment.
The boyfriend looked guilty as heck when he got up to help Deja with the dishes and Deja turned around
and left the apartment. There were many, many women saying they were having "flash backs" of their own
mother doing this to them. Leaving them with their boyfriends and it was horrible. I hope too Deja has
a happy ending, but "This Is Us" tends to be a little to realistic and I have a feeling it is going to go there and
Deja will need help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter